• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia first to DCB RP conversion- Should I buy GV before upgrade?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
After much deliberation, I've decided not to hold out for an Infinia upgrade and instead proceed with the DCB option, moving on from my current Regalia First card.

I've already submitted the completed form via email to the HDFC team, who informed me that 30% of my reward points would be transferred to my new credit card upon upgrading.

I currently have about 25,000 RPs, and I've been comparing their values across different redemption options:

Redemption OptionRegalia First ValueDCB Value
CashbackRs 0.15 per RPRs 0.30 per RP
Flights and Hotel BookingsRs 0.30 per RPRs 1.00 per RP
Airmile ConversionNot AvailableUp to Rs 1.00 per RP
Gift VouchersUp to Rs 0.25 per RPUp to Rs 0.50 per RP

Currently, cashback isn't an option since I'm transitioning to a new card. Airmile conversion isn't available for Regalia First, and the value for flights and hotel bookings remains consistent even after conversion.

Given these circumstances, the only viable option seems to be converting my current RPs into gift vouchers.
At present, the vouchers offer a return of Rs 0.25 per RP, whereas after conversion, it would effectively be Rs 0.15 per RP (0.3 x 0.5).

Am I overlooking anything? I would appreciate any suggestions or insights. Thank you!

drsel

TF Legend
I suggest that you finish your 25000 reward points by booking flights of 7500.

Also if you have to pay the joining fee for DCB, you will not be able recover it from the vouchers which have no cash value

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I suggest that you finish your 25000 reward points by booking flights of 7500.

Also if you have to pay the joining fee for DCB, you will not be able recover it from the vouchers which have no cash value
There is no travel planned.
25k RP will convert to 6250 AGV.
DCB is FYF. so I can push for Infinia upgrade after 6 months.

Best option would be to hold on for Infinia.
Already waited around 7 months. had stopped using HDFC card bcz of low returns. And on this card, I was not getting any LE even after spending around 10L. At least after spending from DCB, I will get LE and Infinia upgrade. and only difference in DCB and Infinia RP conversion, I see is Tanishq voucher at 1:1.

Prime Carlsen

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How old is your regalia first?

By your spending patterns you can waive off annual fees for DCB, with that gone the difference with infinia will reduce significantly. Not waiting with current card and upgrading to DCB sounds good even if the infinia upgrade takes more time than what you expect.

LiamHouse

TF Buzz
There is no travel planned.
25k RP will convert to 6250 AGV.
DCB is FYF. so I can push for Infinia upgrade after 6 months.

Already waited around 7 months. had stopped using HDFC card bcz of low returns. And on this card, I was not getting any LE even after spending around 10L. At least after spending from DCB, I will get LE and Infinia upgrade. and only difference in DCB and Infinia RP conversion, I see is Tanishq voucher at 1:1.
do you think it's possible to upgrade to infinia by getting a 10L CL regalia gold with an fd and then hitting 8-9L in spends?

drsel

TF Legend
Directly approach the branch with income tax returns of more than 45 lacs and one year bank statement and statements of super premium credit cards with the highest limit

LiamHouse

TF Buzz
Cant say for sure. but you can try yourself. For me, they denied taking FD in lien of CL difference.
have you seen anyone upgrade to infinia from an fd backed card since they stopped issuing infinia against fd? the salary requirements will not be met, only the limit and spends, what do you think?

Sriim

TF Premier
After much deliberation, I've decided not to hold out for an Infinia upgrade and instead proceed with the DCB option, moving on from my current Regalia First card.

I've already submitted the completed form via email to the HDFC team, who informed me that 30% of my reward points would be transferred to my new credit card upon upgrading.

I currently have about 25,000 RPs, and I've been comparing their values across different redemption options:

Currently, cashback isn't an option since I'm transitioning to a new card. Airmile conversion isn't available for Regalia First, and the value for flights and hotel bookings remains consistent even after conversion.

Given these circumstances, the only viable option seems to be converting my current RPs into gift vouchers.
At present, the vouchers offer a return of Rs 0.25 per RP, whereas after conversion, it would effectively be Rs 0.15 per RP (0.3 x 0.5).

Am I overlooking anything? I would appreciate any suggestions or insights. Thank you!
Points value after conversion to DCB will be Rs 1 / RP. So you'll effectively be transferring for 0.3*1 = Rs 0.3 / RP. Better than the 0.25 you're getting for Voucher

If you had Regalia Gold, conversion will still be 0.3, but Voucher would be 0.35/RP. That would make sense

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Points value after conversion to DCB will be Rs 1 / RP. So you'll effectively be transferring for 0.3*1 = Rs 0.3 / RP. Better than the 0.25 you're getting for Voucher

If you had Regalia Gold, conversion will still be 0.3, but Voucher would be 0.35/RP. That would make sense
Even now the RP can be used for flight booking on smartbuy with 0.3 value. But only 70% can be paid through this.. and again I don't have any flight planned for near future.

After conversion, I will have to transfer to air mile partners to maximize the return and that too would be around 0.3 due to only 30% RPs being transferred.
So isn't agv with 0.25 value seems better for now.

Surely, if it was Regalia gold, it would have been better to hold.

Sriim

TF Premier
Even now the RP can be used for flight booking on smartbuy with 0.3 value. But only 70% can be paid through this.. and again I don't have any flight planned for near future.

After conversion, I will have to transfer to air mile partners to maximize the return and that too would be around 0.3 due to only 30% RPs being transferred.
So isn't agv with 0.25 value seems better for now.

Surely, if it was Regalia gold, it would have been better to hold.
After conversion you don't have to transfer to airmiles (though that's an option). I understand you don't have any upcoming plans for flight booking.

But you can book flights using smartbuy after points are converted to DCB whenever need arises( at the value Rs 1/RP upto 70% of booking amount) which is 0.3 /RP which is better than 0.25/RP for AGV

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

DCB great card.. u have travel plans? use for travel / hotel or transfer to miles on vistara.. depending on your plan.. GV gives the lowest return.. or accumulate.. you don't have to spend it..

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I redeemed for AGV.

But you can book flights using smartbuy after points are converted to DCB whenever need arises( at the value Rs 1/RP upto 70% of booking amount) which is 0.3 /RP which is better than 0.25/RP for AGV
Correct. but I preferred current 0.25/RP AGV.

If it was regalia gold, it would be better to convert to AGV as it's 0.35/RP value
but 50% of Regalia Gold RP gets transferred to DCB, not 30%. So. in that case, transferring to DCB is better.

DCB great card.. u have travel plans? use for travel / hotel or transfer to miles on vistara.. depending on your plan.. GV gives the lowest return.. or accumulate.. you don't have to spend it..
True, But here the case is different, RPs are already there. and only 30% would be transferred to DCB. so the comparison is between 0.25 value GV and 0.3 value Airmiles. for now, I went with GV. In future, for DCB, miles would obviously be better.

shekar26

TF Neo

Hi
I also have Regalia first card and am looking for upgrade. I was asked to take a ULIP for Regalia gold or DCB upgrade.
How did you get an upgrade to DCB?