• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding Experience of offline account opening in axis and icici bank

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
A lot of folks here might be having accounts in icici and axis bank…. My query is regarding offline account opening… Especially in rural and semi urban branch

1. For both axis and icici If you are having address of urban area of same city and tried opening account in rural or semi urban branch of same city…. Was account opened easily or branch people were cross questioning the purppse of opening account there…??

2. In icici if we want to open regular savings account instead of insta save account… Is it opened easily without hassle. Do bank employee try to force to open some demat account or any insuramce or higher account variant..??

3. In axis…. Is the easy access.. The basic account even offline or there is some other variant…. Do they also try to make you open higer Mab account….or opening dmat or insurance selling…???

akshayhs

TF Ace
A lot of folks here might be having accounts in icici and axis bank…. My query is regarding offline account opening… Especially in rural and semi urban branch

1. For both axis and icici If you are having address of urban area of same city and tried opening account in rural or semi urban branch of same city…. Was account opened easily or branch people were cross questioning the purppse of opening account there…??

2. In icici if we want to open regular savings account instead of insta save account… Is it opened easily without hassle. Do bank employee try to force to open some demat account or any insuramce or higher account variant..??

3. In axis…. Is the easy access.. The basic account even offline or there is some other variant…. Do they also try to make you open higer Mab account….or opening dmat or insurance selling…???
I can share one aspect of account opening with Axis bank. I have personally confirmed with Axis bank that your home branch does not really matter if you are trying to open an account in a rural area, but living in an urban location just for the sake of minimizing the AMB amount required.

I closed my Axis account after 8 years, last year and they forced me to transfer my account to a rural branch rather than closing it. I did not budge. They just left me hanging there until I sent an envelop of my debit card, bank chequebook and a signed account closure form. 24 hours later, I got a message that my account had been closed and they sent me a DD for remaining balance in account.

From that experience alone, I can tell you they don't care.

Coming to Point #3, they don't force you to open an account with other services enabled (like a 3-in-1). But they don't let you open zero balance accounts online. Just yesterday, I tried to open one for a zero balance a/c and there was simply no option to do so. I reached out to a contact with Axis bank and she said through some phone call to their customer support, they will help you open one but I didn't want to waste so much time to ended up signing up for a Kotak 811 account.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I can share one aspect of account opening with Axis bank. I have personally confirmed with Axis bank that your home branch does not really matter if you are trying to open an account in a rural area, but living in an urban location just for the sake of minimizing the AMB amount required.

I closed my Axis account after 8 years, last year and they forced me to transfer my account to a rural branch rather than closing it. I did not budge. They just left me hanging there until I sent an envelop of my debit card, bank chequebook and a signed account closure form. 24 hours later, I got a message that my account had been closed and they sent me a DD for remaining balance in account.

From that experience alone, I can tell you they don't care.

Coming to Point #3, they don't force you to open an account with other services enabled (like a 3-in-1). But they don't let you open zero balance accounts online. Just yesterday, I tried to open one for a zero balance a/c and there was simply no option to do so. I reached out to a contact with Axis bank and she said through some phone call to their customer support, they will help you open one but I didn't want to waste so much time to ended up signing up for a Kotak 811 account.
Since you have closed your account.. You cant open online anything....

Zero balance they will never open.... Customer care wil say that you go to branch... But in branch they won't ever open it... There are very few lucky one's who have zero balance account in axis or icici.... Hdfc is liberal in this aspect....

I had axis asap account.... When. It was launched... don't know why they closed it by their will...one day received msg out of blue that account closed... Contacted cs but they were clueless. Since account was closed nothing could be done.... . And since I had a account previously.. I cant open online.... Otherwise there woupd have been no problem...... I could have chosen any branch.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Both axis and ICICI bank people are robbers in that area, I kid you not, ICICI is probably border line scammy, its sales people will do anything to upsale.

Especially if they know you have money.

One fine day I had gone to ICICI branch near me, at that time there were products like "insta FD" account which were popular but branch people straight away refused to acknowledge that the product even exists. They asked me to do a/c opening with minimum balance and then do FD with them with minimum 1 lacs. Later I opened that a/c online, for which there was offer on that a/c which offered insta platinum cc against the fd you had booked to open a/c. They refused to send it to me for entire month. I had to write and escalate that matter to regional head, I even had to threaten to post in consumer forum, banking ombudsman and tweeter. Then only they sent me the card. Lot of hassle for what was only 12k FD card.

Axis bank is not that different, but at least they don't sell that hard. In this regards, if you don't know what you are getting into, you need to be careful with disclosing what you want to do and how much money you have to them.

Souvik

TF Premier
Both axis and ICICI bank people are robbers in that area, I kid you not, ICICI is probably border line scammy, its sales people will do anything to upsale.

Especially if they know you have money.

One fine day I had gone to ICICI branch near me, at that time there were products like "insta FD" account which were popular but branch people straight away refused to acknowledge that the product even exists. They asked me to do a/c opening with minimum balance and then do FD with them with minimum 1 lacs. Later I opened that a/c online, for which there was offer on that a/c which offered insta platinum cc against the fd you had booked to open a/c. They refused to send it to me for entire month. I had to write and escalate that matter to regional head, I even had to threaten to post in consumer forum, banking ombudsman and tweeter. Then only they sent me the card. Lot of hassle for what was only 12k FD card.

Axis bank is not that different, but at least they don't sell that hard. In this regards, if you don't know what you are getting into, you need to be careful with disclosing what you want to do and how much money you have to them.
Its true, ICICI are more die hard salesman (banking/non-banking) while Axis does have a bit of integrity left comparatively.