• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI bank account opening offline bad experience

yb24

TF Premier
I recently visited icici bank to open bank account and they told me they will come at my home and open the privelege account and they did come and I give them cheque of 1 lac for intial funding but they took 1 week to open a account and my number has not been linked yet .
The overall experience was bad I had to contact the account opening guy daily for number updation overall it was not expected from private banks.I had open sbi account offline only in few minutes and they also gave passbook but with ICICI the experience was worse,hdfc is also good for offline account opening as well as idfc.

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My query is, what's the point of negotiating for initial funding when TRV has to be maintained at any given point of time?
Do check some other threads pls. There's no need to maintain any TRV or NRV if you are not interested to use it as ur main account.
Post some period, it will be automatically downgraded to 10k or 25k variant.

People generally open it, for LTF Emeralde, Saphiro, or Amazon Pay card.

yb24

TF Premier
So they doing this intentionally..

Pathetic state of affair going on in icici ..

I have zero balance account with zero balance for 2 year suddenly from 2 month a guy from branch says he is my rm 😂 & calls me to fund the account & do fd

Initially i did entertain him but since he denied c2c with my 90k icici account & said 100k required....
I was like F**k it ..no more..
I was gonna go WM ...
Even negotiate for 5 L but ... icici isn't worth that much money 😅🙃
Hdfc is quite good I am banking with them from so many years never deducted unnecessary charges and Twitter customer support is amazing

yb24

TF Premier
One good thing they did was ,they mentioned my salary 20 lpa in account so I think I may get some pre approved offers
I recently visited icici bank to open bank account and they told me they will come at my home and open the privelege account and they did come and I give them cheque of 1 lac for intial funding but they took 1 week to open a account and my number has not been linked yet .
The overall experience was bad I had to contact the account opening guy daily for number updation overall it was not expected from private banks.I had open sbi account offline only in few minutes and they also gave passbook but with ICICI the experience was worse,hdfc is also good for offline account opening as well as idfc.

doraemon

TF Legend
Depends on your appetite to keep funds in account .
If u can keep 1 lakh do it ..

If u can keep dead 25k better open regular sb & do transaction higher
I was thinking different
I have one lakh rs which I want to invest for long term like 5 year fd
Can u tell the process of upgrading through fd or whether is it a good idea or not in long term?
I read that people are getting classic upgrade just by transactions also?
And whether my millennia card be free in this savings Max without any charges and rr

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I was thinking different
I have one lakh rs which I want to invest for long term like 5 year fd
Can u tell the process of upgrading through fd or whether is it a good idea or not in long term?
I read that people are getting classic upgrade just by transactions also?
Get icici bank fd card .. u will get apay in max 6-8 month ..
If u above 21 ..u can use it everywhere for c2c ..
Since u have 1l limit card ..
Other banks will give u Limit around same ..
When it goes c2c like kotak ,idfc , induslnd..

ICICI is notoriously infamous for account opening delays. My brothers account with a similar case is yet to be opened even after 15 days of giving the details and cheque. Worst part is he deposited additional amount which was processed, and now even that amount is stuck. We have sent a complaint email to customer care keeping rbi ombudsman in cc. Let's see if there is any help.

Trust Me

TF Ace
Since u have 1l limit card ..
Other banks will give u Limit around same ..
When it goes c2c like kotak ,idfc , induslnd..

Good that you didn't include Axis in that list....

..... Because it might not have been true then. I got just 1/6 th of my base card CL, going C2C!

--- As a Burgundy customer too, with a 20-year-old impeccable credit history! :)

Trust Me

TF Ace
ICICI is notoriously infamous for account opening delays. My brothers account with a similar case is yet to be opened even after 15 days of giving the details and cheque. Worst part is he deposited additional amount which was processed, and now even that amount is stuck.

How (and why) did he deposit an additional amount when the account itself didn't exist yet ?! Presumably he just wrote a cheque directly to ICICI Bank, which was, of course, then "processed".

We have sent a complaint email to customer care keeping rbi ombudsman in cc. Let's see if there is any help.

What additional good was that supposed to achieve? Did you receive any acknowledgement from the Ombudsman's office? --- They would likely not even open the mail ! They don't entertain any communication unless it satisfies all the prescribed prerequisites. --- And the ICICI people know that very well.

It appears that you guys are Neo at such affairs as well! :)

--- Spend some time at TF.

Trust Me

TF Ace

I don't understand this misplaced confidence on Indian Private banks! Such confidence is based on what exemplary levels of services provided?

My personal experience with a number such banks doesn't allow me to place them on any elevated pedestal compared with the PSBs!

My account opening experience with HDFC was equally bad. They just sat on my 5L initial funding for a week without paying any interest on it under the pretext that my new account wasn't operational yet!