• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI bank account opening offline bad experience

yb24

TF Premier
I recently visited icici bank to open bank account and they told me they will come at my home and open the privelege account and they did come and I give them cheque of 1 lac for intial funding but they took 1 week to open a account and my number has not been linked yet .
The overall experience was bad I had to contact the account opening guy daily for number updation overall it was not expected from private banks.I had open sbi account offline only in few minutes and they also gave passbook but with ICICI the experience was worse,hdfc is also good for offline account opening as well as idfc.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I recently visited icici bank to open bank account and they told me they will come at my home and open the privelege account and they did come and I give them cheque of 1 lac for intial funding but they took 1 week to open a account and my number has not been linked yet .
The overall experience was bad I had to contact the account opening guy daily for number updation overall it was not expected from private banks.I had open sbi account offline only in few minutes and they also gave passbook but with ICICI the experience was worse,hdfc is also good for offline account opening as well as idfc.
Lol but if they came .. they should have opened the account with their tab within minutes

Dexter384

TF Buzz
They situation with me , I went branch for privilege account, with 1L funding, they did the same, failed to update mobile number (intentional ig) took me a week to take funds out of it. They told mobile didn't got updated for internet banking hence the issue and told me on 5th day, same day evening got full access like GPay, IB , DC etc

Dexter384

TF Buzz
Lol but if they came .. they should have opened the account with their tab within minutes
Account opened in minutes, the key is they will not update mobile in internet banking section, in order to restrict us from withdrawing funds from our account, as you know with that get updated, we can't generate ATM pin, Internet banking won't work and UPI will not fetch the bank account. Tactical dirty move by them.

Verbally to asked me not to withdraw the funds for atleast a week.

yb24

TF Premier
They situation with me , I went branch for privilege account, with 1L funding, they did the same, failed to update mobile number (intentional ig) took me a week to take funds out of it. They told mobile didn't got updated for internet banking hence the issue and told me on 5th day, same day evening got full access like GPay, IB , DC etc
Don't know I think they don't value customer time

yb24

TF Premier
Bro does it shows 0 mab on imobilepay?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Account opened in minutes, the key is they will not update mobile in internet banking section, in order to restrict us from withdrawing funds from our account, as you know with that get updated, we can't generate ATM pin, Internet banking won't work and UPI will not fetch the bank account. Tactical dirty move by them.

Verbally to asked me not to withdraw the funds for atleast a week.

Don't know I think they don't value customer time
So they doing this intentionally..

Pathetic state of affair going on in icici ..

I have zero balance account with zero balance for 2 year suddenly from 2 month a guy from branch says he is my rm 😂 & calls me to fund the account & do fd

Initially i did entertain him but since he denied c2c with my 90k icici account & said 100k required....
I was like F**k it ..no more..
I was gonna go WM ...
Even negotiate for 5 L but ... icici isn't worth that much money 😅🙃

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My branch is asking for 8L initial funding cheque for wealth even after that they are asking to maintain atleast 2-3L in order to not get downgrade
What branch guys says doesn't matter ? They are here to reap profits not to serve us. Do as much negotiations as u can. Switch branch if you are not getting service there.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
My branch is asking for 8L initial funding cheque for wealth even after that they are asking to maintain atleast 2-3L in order to not get downgrade
They said 10 to me ..

Then that guy was saying 5 is fine .

They say to maintain bcz its their kickback whos at stake which is usually 3 month..
Hence they 3 months as sop

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So they doing this intentionally..

Pathetic state of affair going on in icici ..

I have zero balance account with zero balance for 2 year suddenly from 2 month a guy from branch says he is my rm 😂 & calls me to fund the account & do fd

Initially i did entertain him but since he denied c2c with my 90k icici account & said 100k required....
I was like F**k it ..no more..
I was gonna go WM ...
Even negotiate for 5 L but ... icici isn't worth that much money 😅🙃
I previously holded ICICI mine savings account, in it's initial days when it was launched. Unfortunately, I hadn't completed v-kyc within 1 yr, so account got closed. That was my biggest mistake I ever think of.