• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

KYC while opening bank account offline?

ramandeep

TF Premier
Hi I went to axis bank branch for opening a bank account with them. So i asked what documents i need, so they mentioned they need original pan for clicking a picture.
Is it safe to let them click picture of original pan/ adhar?

is this the only method?

Also recently my company opened salary acccout in kotak, they just asked pan n adhar number no pictures were clicked and thumb based kyc was done.

Also I have another question that while opening axis account do I need to do initial funding amount of around 17k at the bank at time only or can do that at home the same day?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Hi I went to axis bank branch for opening a bank account with them. So i asked what documents i need, so they mentioned they need original pan for clicking a picture.
Is it safe to let them click picture of original pan/ adhar?

is this the only method?

Also recently my company opened salary acccout in kotak, they just asked pan n adhar number no pictures were clicked and thumb based kyc was done.

Also I have another question that while opening axis account do I need to do initial funding amount of around 17k at the bank at time only or can do that at home the same day?
They are doing right they can ask picture of pan and aadhar or you can submit zerox copy also
They are asking because bank have to scan documents for submitting for account opening
So they are taking direct picture for submitting your documents

ramandeep

TF Premier
They are doing right they can ask picture of pan and aadhar or you can submit zerox copy also
They are asking because bank have to scan documents for submitting for account opening
So they are taking direct picture for submitting your documents
So i can submit zerox too? They can't deny it? Coz i don't want to submit the original copy to them

ramandeep

TF Premier
They want to ENSURE that the photostat copy is INDEED a copy of the original. Take the originals along with the self attested copies for verification. They will NOT TAKE THE ORIGINALS.
Okay, I will ask them the same, i will carry both and ask them to take of pic of self attested copy only.
What about initial funding?

ramandeep

TF Premier
If normal Saving account then upto 10k depend on branch and your negotiation
Normal basic saving account, they asked 16k + 354(debit card fees) as initial funding as imps/upi/cheque whatever i like, but my question is do i need deposit initial funding on the spot or can do the same day at home

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Normal basic saving account, they asked 16k + 354(debit card fees) as initial funding as imps/upi/cheque whatever i like, but my question is do i need deposit initial funding on the spot or can do the same day at home
Initial funding done by any payment method you have mentioned
If branch takes account opening request without on spot funding on can add later in account
But most of branches ask intial funding on spot while submitting documents

Last edited:

ramandeep

TF Premier
What would be diff in zerox and original🤷. They both would cardy same details. Even if you do vkyc they ask for original pan, so no harm if they click pictures🙂
There is a huge difference my friend, when they click original, that can be further for any purpose, but when you provide self attested copy with purpose and date mentioned that can't be used further. Every day you read news data breach and fraud happening. So just wanted to be on safer side.

Akash_Aryan

TF Select
By submitting self attested copy you are increasing the chances of fraud. It is no brainer to hide the date and purpose and make several Xerox copy with your documents and signature on it.

Akash_Aryan

TF Select
Moreover they will click the pic of your pan and aadhar in axis application through which they open your account. So no fear of data breach if you believe bank. And if don't then nothing can be done.

ramandeep

TF Premier
By submitting self attested copy you are increasing the chances of fraud. It is no brainer to hide the date and purpose and make several Xerox copy with your documents and signature on it.
Dude how will they remove date and purpose if you write them on copy itself not on blank side? And i didn't mentioned about signature just date and purpose

ramandeep

TF Premier
Moreover they will click the pic of your pan and aadhar in axis application through which they open your account. So no fear of data breach if you believe bank. And if don't then nothing can be done.
Ever heard about data selling?
Even banks themself sell data, you might have heard about getting calls that ltf cc available for you and blah blah from xyz employee, how they are getting information about you n your details?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Even banks themself sell data, you might have heard about getting calls that ltf cc available for you and blah blah from xyz employee, how they are getting information about you n your details?
Arrey bhaiya itna soch soch ke apna khoon mat jalao🤣🤣. Original dedo, vo axis app m photo jaygi, kahi aur nhi jaygi, bas dekhte rhna unke tab m kya kr rhe h. Idfc m bhi original hi maanga tha mujhse idfc ke app m pic gyi thi direct, jabki m xerox lekr gya tha. Data selling to hogi hi chahe xerox do ya orig.

Initial funding done by any payment method you have mentioned
If branch takes account opening request without on spot funding on can add later in account
But most of branches ask intial funding on spot while submitting documents

There is a legal issue involved in the initial funding entry.

If you give a cheque for the credit of a newly opened n unfunded account - the bank - technically n legally - can not and should not send such a cheque for collection in clearing. Because, at that moment, there is NO relation between the two parties. And, banks have been generally prohibited from acting on hehalf of non-customers. Legally, there is a lot difference between a Banker and a Banker-in-due-course.

However, if you make a cash payment - of even 1 rupee, that relationship is activated.

After cash payment, you can transfer credit amounts in any fashion or mode.

Unless they pass JAIIB n CAIIB exams, these finer aspects are not known to many - many private bank employees are totally ignorant of these issues.

Akash_Aryan

TF Select
Then just surrender your Pan card, aadhaar card, mobile number, smartphone and everything else to government. Never do any online shopping. Don't even do cash payment as touching the currency with bare hand will give your fingerprint.
Bro just wake up.
You are living in the world where nothing is now private. Every minute details of any one can be obtained.
Haven't you used any of data anywhere?
In present era, even thinking about privacy is madness because nothing such thing is possible now.