• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Possibility to get Debit cards without any charges in Axis

evilz

TF Buzz
Is there any method to get Debit cards without charges in Axis Bank savings accounts 10k -25k variants? I have no need for a debit card as I never use it.

evilz

TF Buzz
Yes, it did. But now there will be charges for debit card, so I am looking to either get a card variant that is free or not have a debit card altogether.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Axis will not waive off debit card charges, at all. Even if you threaten to close the account.

By the way, online rewards + debit is very good card. Its worth Rs 500+gst that one ends up paying, just shift all spends to it. No matter how many credit cards we have, sometimes we need debit card. :ROFLMAO:

evilz

TF Buzz
I see, so basically your account was converted from salary to savings account as the salary no longer gets credited to this account, is it?
Yes.
Axis will not waive off debit card charges, at all. Even if you threaten to close the account.

By the way, online rewards + debit is very good card. Its worth Rs 500+gst that one ends up paying, just shift all spends to it. No matter how many credit cards we have, sometimes we need debit card. :ROFLMAO:
I guess I'll go for the card that costs 200 and keep it blocked after an year.

Extrovert🌃

TF Select
What If i block the card and not apply again? Because according to my knowledge, dc have to be manually applied.

Will i be charged even if i don't apply after blocking the first DC?

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What a coincidence. Just yesterday I realised that my axis has ₹-750 due to below chargers, now I have applied for Visa Platinum debit card which does have any fees.

Debit Card Charges Annual Fee for the period of 12-2021: Rs. 300.00/-
Debit Card Charges Annual Fee for the period of 01-2021: Rs. 300.00/-
SMS Alert Fee from the period 12-2020 to 06-2021 : Rs. 45/-
BNA Convenience Fee for the period of 11-2020: Rs. 50.00/-
BNA Penalty Charges for the period of 12-2020: Rs. 50.00/-

I am surprised they charge money for SMS alerts and convenience fee for doing transaction after 6PM

Extrovert🌃

TF Select
What a coincidence. Just yesterday I realised that my axis has ₹-750 due to below chargers, now I have applied for Visa Platinum debit card which does have any fees.

Debit Card Charges Annual Fee for the period of 12-2021: Rs. 300.00/-
Debit Card Charges Annual Fee for the period of 01-2021: Rs. 300.00/-
SMS Alert Fee from the period 12-2020 to 06-2021 : Rs. 45/-
BNA Convenience Fee for the period of 11-2020: Rs. 50.00/-
BNA Penalty Charges for the period of 12-2020: Rs. 50.00/-

I am surprised they charge money for SMS alerts and convenience fee for doing transaction after 6PM

Is there any method to get Debit cards without charges in Axis Bank savings accounts 10k -25k variants? I have no need for a debit card as I never use it.
Just had a conversation at my area axis branch. If you don't use your DC , you can just block it and there won't be any annual DC charges applied.