• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Poor SwissAir & Vistara interlink flight experience

jainsuk

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I booked a BLR to BOS (via Mumbai, Zurich) flight through Cleartrip with a single ticket/ PNR no.
Even after multiple emails and tweets, not getting a straight reply from either Vistara (BLR to BOM) nor SwissAir (BOM to BOS) on which counter I should checkin (Vistara or SwissAir) in Bangalore, and whether the immigration will happen in BLR or BOM !!! Both airlines is pointing to the reach out to the other one!
There is about 90 min layover in BOM, and I am worried if they ask me to do immigration in Mumbai, I may miss the connection. Also, in such case if either airline will take responsibility.
Just wanted to share the experience. In future will stick to single airline bookings!

SSSandy

TF Buzz
I booked a BLR to BOS (via Mumbai, Zurich) flight through Cleartrip with a single ticket/ PNR no.
Even after multiple emails and tweets, not getting a straight reply from either Vistara (BLR to BOM) nor SwissAir (BOM to BOS) on which counter I should checkin (Vistara or SwissAir) in Bangalore, and whether the immigration will happen in BLR or BOM !!! Both airlines is pointing to the reach out to the other one!
There is about 90 min layover in BOM, and I am worried if they ask me to do immigration in Mumbai, I may miss the connection. Also, in such case if either airline will take responsibility.
Just wanted to share the experience. In future will stick to single airline bookings!
Bengaluru to Mumbai is domestic and you would go to the domestic airport terminal. You don't even need a passport for this leg of the flight. Once you are in Mumbai, there you will change to the international terminal.

Next, when you do domestic to international connection flights, you don't have to get out of the airport to do security, immigration, etc. You will be using the internal route for transfers, so while you have to do the immigration, it would be much less crowded than the general immigration counters.

This depends on the airport though, in Delhi the internal transfer took very little time for me outbound, but when inbound, I had to walk a long way to change terminals and then do the security clearance and re-check in with all of them having longer queues.

While booking the ticket you would have seen the luggage scenario, so check your ticket again. Usually, when checking in at bengaluru you would check-in your check-in baggage and they will transfer it to the Zurich flight and you will collect it at Zurich only. This will be informed to you again, very clearly, when they give you the boarding pass as well.

Last edited:

jainsuk

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Bengaluru to Mumbai is domestic and you would go to the domestic airport terminal. You don't even need a passport for this leg of the flight. Once you are there you will change to the international terminal.

Next, when you do domestic to international connection flight, you don't have to get out of the airport to do security, immigration, etc. You wil be using the internal route for transfers, so while you have to do the immigration, it would be much less crowded than the general immigration counters.

This depends on the airport thought, in Delhi the internal transfer took very little time for me outbound, but when inbound, I had to walk a long way to change terminals and then do the security clearance and re-check-in with all of them having longer queues.

While booking the ticket you would have seen the luggage scenario, so check your ticket again. Usually, when checking in at bengaluru you would check-in your check-in baggage and they will transfer it to the Zurich flight and you will collect it at Zurich only. This will be informed to you again, very clearly, when they give you the boarding pass as well.
Thank you so much. This is so helpful. Hope the airlines are so clear in communicating the same!

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Bengaluru to Mumbai is domestic and you would go to the domestic airport terminal. You don't even need a passport for this leg of the flight. Once you are in Mumbai, there you will change to the international terminal.

Next, when you do domestic to international connection flights, you don't have to get out of the airport to do security, immigration, etc. You will be using the internal route for transfers, so while you have to do the immigration, it would be much less crowded than the general immigration counters.

This depends on the airport though, in Delhi the internal transfer took very little time for me outbound, but when inbound, I had to walk a long way to change terminals and then do the security clearance and re-check in with all of them having longer queues.

Have u tried international connection baggage with air india express (Air Asia India)?

I see they offer a reduced rate for international connection within 24 hours. Does it have to be same airline or any airline will work? Also, does it mean they will transfer it luggage too? Or it's just a discounted rate to lure international connection customers?

I have Air India express for domestic flights and then Air India (not air india express) flight next day which again has one domestic leg followed by international. Air india express is separately booked and has different pnr.

Will they allow purchasing extra baagage using reduced ICB rates? Also, what is the calculation for 24 hours period? I assume it starts from departure of Air Asia Express on 1st day. But when does it end? Air india first leg is again domestic, so it will consider departure of that? Or it will only consider departure of second air India flight which is international?

nanr

TF Neo
Thank you so much. This is so helpful. Hope the airlines are so clear in communicating the same!
Hey Im on the same flight. Is this true? Was the baggage checked through, immigration in bangalore, no issue with catching the flight?