• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Flight portal convenience fee comparison?

I was booking a domestic sector flight from Smartbuy (HDFC portal) and comparing in paralle with Skyscanner, and I noticed the same OTA (say, Yatra) is charging different convenience fee when coming from Smartbuy vs Skyscanner, and even different when coming directly from their website. EaseMyTrip claims no convenience fee when booked directly from its website but charges from booking from Smartbuy. Because of this, even after taking into account Diner Black's 16% reward point, net benefit turned about 7% only!

Since these websites add convenience at last minute, making comparison (intentionally) hard, I am wondering if we can crowdsource this, or if anyone has already done a comparison? Even if fee varies by flight sector, I am more keen on which website can be generally be expected to be cheaper on average net of reward points. For instance, Goibibo was expensive by 50/- (post convenience fee) for me coming from Smartbuy but Yatra and EaseMyTrip were same.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
While Yatra has most card offers, thy also have higher convenience fees, and it varies from offer to offer. Sometimes, you would have more savings from a card offer that might give less discount. EMT has the 0 convenience as a coupon, so doesn't work with any other offer. Cleartrip has relatively stable convenience, usually less than Yatra and Goibibo... Can also avail 5 percent additional benefit with Flipkart supercoins if you have those, and it works even with card offers. Has an awful mobile app though!

mj01

TF Select
I have seen higher convenience fees on Yatra and Cleartrip, though with most card discounts. MMT, Goibibo and Paytm have lower convenience fees. Indigo directly via their website is quite low, but hard to get other discounts.

thewittypanda

TF Select
Yatra has the highest convenience fee among all. If you choose Card offers then convenience also varies from Card to Card and is generally higher also.

EMT is good with No Convenience Fee and pretty transparent and seamless booking when booking directly with them

Google Flights and Skyscanner will give you sometimes the best possible deal because their prices are inclusive of all charges.

Another way is Flipkart Flights, usually have the same convenience fee. Nothing hidden charges as such and usually have good promo codes. On top of that you can avail additional Cashback up to 5% if you pay via let's HDFC Millennia, SBI Cashback etc.