• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pls suggest next action for a declined disputed transaction

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I did a tap & pay at a nearby grocery outlet for Rs 1561 in Feb, I received a debit sms instantly but their PoS machine was showing pending status, waited for 10 mins, and paid cash requesting them to update me on the transaction status. Next day they whatsapp me a copy of PoS slip which said "Reversed". I complained with Axis (this was on Atlas) and they opened a disputed transaction case, which was closed in merchant's favour couple of days back saying service was received. I again called axis and explained that I had to pay cash and I've a transaction slip sent by the merchant which says "reversed", also I made the merchant write that he received cash on the invoice, so Axis escalated this to 2nd level, which was again settled in merchant's favour today.

What should I do next, pls advice ?

GoRamu PoS reversed confirmation.jpg GoRamu original bill.jpg 1711621832735.png

Last edited:

Gaara

TF Ace
I did a tap & pay at a nearby grocery outlet for Rs 1561 in Feb, I received a debit sms instantly but their PoS machine was showing pending status, waited for 10 mins, and paid cash requesting them to update me on the transaction status. Next day they whatsapp me a copy of PoS slip which said "Reversed". I complained with Axis (this was on Atlas) and they opened a disputed transaction case, which was closed in merchant's favour couple of days back saying service was received. I again called axis and explained that I had to pay cash and I've a transaction slip sent by the merchant which says "reversed", also I made the merchant write that he received cash on the invoice, so Axis escalated this to 2nd level, which was again settled in merchant's favour today.

GoRamu PoS reversed confirmation.jpg View attachment 46390
Any luck contacting Razorpay regarding this issue?

Tejo

TF Legend

In invoice still mentioned card as payment mode. It might be the reason.

Mail to pno directly. For sake of rules

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Filed a RBI Ombudsman complain just now, let see how this goes. Here the transaction value was only around 1500, I wonder what will happen if the amount is much higher.

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You should mail to nodal officer first else the complaint may rejected by BO
Already filed now, so will approach nodal officier if BO rejects this. But have already complained twice, and Axis said they are escalating it to 2nd level.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer

This is an On-Us txn i.e, Acquiring Bank and Issuing Bank is Same.

Still such incident Happened.

You should also mention in your Complaint that even when Txn is an On-Us Txn, Axis is not able identify if Services are actually rendered or not.

Just to Cross Check check with Merchant again and ask him to share settlement Report of that day and if Merchant Deny, Show the Merchant , the response you have received from Axis and tell him you will take legal Action

Merchant must have access to service Provider App i.e, Razorpay App and Services Providers also send Daily settlement reports on E-Mail and as and When Requested.

In settlement Report of that day, Status of your Txn will be clearly visible

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just to Cross Check check with Merchant again and ask him to share settlement Report of that day and if Merchant Deny, Show the Merchant , the response you have received from Axis and tell him you will take legal Action

Merchant must have access to service Provider App i.e, Razorpay App and Services Providers also send Daily settlement reports on E-Mail and as and When Requested.

In settlement Report of that day, Status of your Txn will be clearly visible

Wife happens to visit the merchant today and enquired about this, he said he had written reply on query made by bank that the transaction was paid in cash and will share the email photo copy. However, I tried to call him personally, no reply, left a msg requesting to call back, waiting since some time now.

But, should the buyer really take it on himself to fight with the merchant ? should be a rather simpler banking complaint process. Had a similar incident with HDFC few years back for online payment, it was resolved in my favour immediately. I think the bad experience I'm having is only because of Axis.

Tejo

TF Legend
Wife happens to visit the merchant today and enquired about this, he said he had written reply on query made by bank that the transaction was paid in cash and will share the email photo copy. However, I tried to call him personally, no reply, left a msg requesting to call back, waiting since some time now.

But, should the buyer really take it on himself to fight with the merchant ? should be a rather simpler banking complaint process. Had a similar incident with HDFC few years back for online payment, it was resolved in my favour immediately. I think the bad experience I'm having is only because of Axis.
You should have used upi instead of cash. There is no proof that you have paid with other mode.

This is an On-Us txn i.e, Acquiring Bank and Issuing Bank is Same.

Still such incident Happened.
It depends on the payment gateway, merchant service providers too.

Might someone from razorpay called him, about the dispute. He might forgot the issue and said positive towards him. So it might be the issue else merchant really playing games with fake receipt.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer

You should firmly ask him to share settlement Report of txns conducted on that day.
It will clear the picture if he was paid twice or not.

If he had written in Query response that he had received Amount in Cash then Axis would not close the dispute in Merchant Favour at all.

If he was PAID Twice and and even then Acting innocent, Lodge an FIR if you want, he will not do this again with any other customer.

If txn is really Reversed but not credited to your Card then, you are eligible for Comepensation under RBI's HARMONIZATION of TAT for Failed Txns.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

GoRamu PoS reversed confirmation.jpg GoRamu original bill.jpg
You need to get RRN for Axis to be able to track it. Contact Razorpay they will give it you, else they might have botched up the transaction.

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
He did that only na.

For direct bank cards, no need to fill cb form. EMail enoughh
Going by dates, I suspect he filed a chargeback request form.

In proper chargeback request, bank are bound to provide a temporary credit of the disputed amount. Now after this it takes 45 days to arrive at level 1 decision where merchant provides proof that service was provided.
OP didn't mention any temporary credit, so I thought he didn't file a chargeback.

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Going by dates, I suspect he filed a chargeback request form.

In proper chargeback request, bank are bound to provide a temporary credit of the disputed amount. Now after this it takes 45 days to arrive at level 1 decision where merchant provides proof that service was provided.
OP didn't mention any temporary credit, so I thought he didn't file a chargeback.
Initially I emailed a complaint for refund of the amount since I had the reversal slip copy with me and had attached the same, so this was Axis's reply: 1710845082711.png
Upon which I told them that the merchant had already said he has not received the amount and provided me a "Reversed" slip from the PoS machine which was shared with the bank, then they opened a disputed transaction case and credited the amt temporarily.

When the dispute case was raised, merchant had called me (after getting a query from the bank) and asked me to write on a paper that I got the cash refund from him along with an ID proof & that he would refund me the cash. I refused this upfront because I did not wanted to share my ID with the merchant, and writing that to him may have meant that I was opening a wrong case with the bank.

I spoke to the merchant today and he referred to this conversation, upon which I asked him how would he have refunded me the cash if he did not received the credit, so he said he knows that we are genuine ppl and that based on that letter he would have asked bank to credit that amt in limbo in his favour. I told him thats not required since he has not received the credit, and let the party who has the money refund. I also asked him the transaction statement and shared the above screenshot from Axis with ARN # with him, initially he refused to share the statement but I told him to cut the irrelevant parts in the statement & share. He said he will check again on the transaction status & will share.

He had earlier promised to share his email reply's screenshot to the bank where he mentioned that we paid in cash, now he says that it was a phone conversation and not on email. His behaviour looks dicey but the store is like 5-6 years old, and I think he belongs to a reputed family, but very young and maybe not taking the issue seriously (my benefit of doubt).

EDIT: just texted him reminder:

1710846832003.png

Last edited:

sadhunath

TF Select
VIP Lounge

GoRamu PoS reversed confirmation.jpg GoRamu original bill.jpg
Any reason why didn't you pay using credit card the second time also?

Vbhoj74

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Update: Axis Called today but we missed the call, so later got an email from PNO as below:

1711622577771.png
Never thought customer has to prove he paid in cash even after having transaction failed PoS receipt. So we went to the store, asked for stamp & sign on the cash receipt hand written on the invoice, and recorded everything including their claim of not receiving the amt from bank. Just emailed back to PNO. Updated opening post with invoice/cash receipt with stamp & sign from merchant. Let see how this goes now.

EDIT: Also posting our reply to PNO:
1711622840303.png

Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
Update: Axis Called today but we missed the call, so later got an email from PNO as below:

1711622577771.png
Never thought customer has to prove he paid in cash even after having transaction failed PoS receipt. So we went to the store, asked for stamp & sign on the cash receipt hand written on the invoice, and recorded everything including their claim of not receiving the amt from bank. Just emailed back to PNO. Updated opening post with invoice/cash receipt with stamp & sign from merchant. Let see how this goes now.

EDIT: Also posting our reply to PNO:
1711622840303.png
Mail to rbi bo against axis for money saying irresponsible, fraud, mental harassment.

1. Pos txn failed on pos mard powered by used card issuer bank.
2. Pos merchant copy slip clearly shows txn reversed, even though they denied and asked proofs ... that I(you) gave Cash to the merchant.

Once, ask money for the inconvenience directly .... PNO.

They charge on Savings account, Current Account unlike any private bank, why can't we ....?