• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Plat Travel milestone points

Post number 2 has been selected as best answer.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had recently procured a Plat Travel card via referral. Based on the terms mentioned in the site, one will receive 15K points on 1.9L and 25K points on 4L spends.

I was exploring the Amex app and I came across this tracker. (I have spent about 3K so far)

Screenshot_2023-10-29-22-33-26-33_7ffa40242ada1153d691fec7df42eb44.jpg

This suggests 7.5K and 10K for the two milestones. Bit confused here as to what is the correct MR points.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You will get 7.5K points and 10K points for reaching the respective milestones by default. For remaining half points (i.e. the other 7.5K and 10K points) you will have to expressly request for them by connecting with Amex customer support.
Aren't the milestones 15k and 25k for a total of 40k?

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You will get 7.5K points and 10K points for reaching the respective milestones by default. For remaining half points (i.e. the other 7.5K and 10K points) you will have to expressly request for them by connecting with Amex customer support.
7.5k and 10K u will get automatically. For balance points u have to call customer care
Good to know. Why this additional hurdle? Any rationale behind it?

Finchamp!

TF Premier
Good to know. Why this additional hurdle? Any rationale behind it?
Yes. IMO the rationale is to save points (and consequently money) from those Amex Users who are not aware of this rule. Moreso, since working individuals usually have a busy schedule, Amex has this "hope against hope" that some of their customers might forget asking for the Reward points altogether which too would save them a lot of money!!

Others please share your POV too..

MeTejaHu

TF Select
Thank you for the response friends, I had the same query.

Another query. I also got the card using referral and FYF. The letter that came with the card says I get welcome bonus of 10k points on spending 15k INR in first 90 days, redeemable at flipkart or ATO. Is this valid for my FYF card?

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thank you for the response friends, I had the same query.

Another query. I also got the card using referral and FYF. The letter that came with the card says I get welcome bonus of 10k points on spending 15k INR in first 90 days, redeemable at flipkart or ATO. Is this valid for my FYF card?
I dont think 10K points is valid for cards procured through referral program. We do get the 2K points on spending 5K in the first 90 days as per referral program. I believe we get an additional 2K for spending 15K/25K (??) in the first 90 days, atleast thats what I got for MRCC.

Last edited:

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Curious, how long is the expiry mentioned? Also, I thought I read somewhere that it was non-transferable, is that not so?
validity is 360 days and it mentions that it is non transferable
anybody has had success with this?
I believe it is for booking with the name as in the card and cannot be transferred.
I think it is transferable

@xywowowvw this voucher also have voucher number and pin correct?

I have sold 14k GV (redeemed from Gold collection) 3-4 times in past to travel agents

If they can redeem that, this 10k should also work same way