• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Plat Travel milestone points

Post number 2 has been selected as best answer.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had recently procured a Plat Travel card via referral. Based on the terms mentioned in the site, one will receive 15K points on 1.9L and 25K points on 4L spends.

I was exploring the Amex app and I came across this tracker. (I have spent about 3K so far)

Screenshot_2023-10-29-22-33-26-33_7ffa40242ada1153d691fec7df42eb44.jpg

This suggests 7.5K and 10K for the two milestones. Bit confused here as to what is the correct MR points.

MJN

TF Premier
You will get 7.5K points and 10K points for reaching the respective milestones by default. For remaining half points (i.e. the other 7.5K and 10K points) you will have to expressly request for them by connecting with Amex customer support.
Ok.. If in that case, only we can get 35k points right? Aren't we supposed to get 15+25= 40 k right? Pls confirm

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I dont think 10K points is valid for cards procured through referral program. We do get the 2K points on spending 5K in the first 90 days as per referral program. I believe we get an additional 2K for spending 15K/25K (??) in the first 90 days, atleast thats what I got for MRCC.
Correction: I did not recieve any additional 2k points for plat travel card unlike the MRCC. So for plat travel through referral it is only the 2k MGMee points on spending 5k within 90 days.

MJN

TF Premier
Correction: I did not recieve any additional 2k points for plat travel card unlike the MRCC. So for plat travel through referral it is only the 2k MGMee points on spending 5k within 90 days.
MGMee? I have referred and applied and got my first Amex Platinum travel card just few days back; Will I get 2k points or not ( Already spent 5k)

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
MGMee? I have referred and applied and got my first Amex Platinum travel card just few days back; Will I get 2k points or not ( Already spent 5k)
MGMee is the person who was referred, applied and got a new card.
MGMer is the person who referred to Amex and will get 8k points.
Yes, you should get the 2k points. It should already be showing in the app if the transactions for 5k has settled.
Amex does instant accrual of rewards once the transaction is settled.

iNokia

TF Premier
Milestone of 4lakh isn’t shown on the app. Only 1.9 is shown.
Anyone encountered this issue?
Yet to complete the 1.9 milestone, if it matters.

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Pro Tip .... U can Chat and through the app and get the bonus points.

1.9L achieved and planning to achieve 4L as well ...
My renewal is in April'24 ...

Too early to ask ... but my i know the Best Possible Retention Offer for Travel Platinum, MRCC & GOLD?

scorpio

TF Buzz
I will be receiving my first Amex CC Plat Travel soon, have 5 other banks CCs with usage of around 20-30% of the limit on one of them (my main card) and less than that on others. I am planning to use the new Plat travel for tax payment but it is a high amount (>4L) and if the limit on the new card allows it, is it advisable to pay the tax via this card? I am not sure if Amex would decline it and reduce my limit due to a high payment on a new card.

I believe I would not get MR points for it but it would cross the milestone. But then again, I need to check extra charges/GST on a cc payment to see if it's worth it.