• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Paying 10L fee using Magnus, need advice.

Kaks2611

TF Buzz
Hey folks, I’m planning to pay my ~10L fee (USA uni) in the coming month using Magnus.

Axis does not have any exceptions for fee payment being excluded from points bearing right?

If we still earn points on international fee payment, will this calculation check out?

10 Lac : 1.5L points % will be 6%
The rest 8.5L points % would be 17.5%

So totalling around 9k + ~140k = ~150k points in total.

Do advice on this or if there is anything I missed for this. Thanks.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hey folks, I’m planning to pay my ~10L fee (USA uni) in the coming month using Magnus.

Axis does not have any exceptions for fee payment being excluded from points bearing right?

If we still earn points on international fee payment, will this calculation check out?

It's all MCC game.

Most Axis cards don't give cashback on education, so it won't.

Did it work?

vivekkhemka

TF Neo
Let me share my experience.

I had 12L spend on magnus last year and mine office colleague had only around 7L spend on his magnus.. we both managed to get reversal of our annual fees + GST.

Mine story:
1) Fist made multiple contact with the customer care over phone. they denied any possibility of reversal.
2) then written email to premium service @ axisbank support but the reversal request was denied.
3) then forward the same email to pno, again subsequent followup email to pno for reversal.

the reversal was given. email content was "i made 12L annual spend and on basis of one time good gesture" bala bala

Mine office colleague
1) Fist contacted the customer care over phone. they denied any possibility of reversal.
2) then written email to premium service @ axisbank support but the reversal request was denied.
3) then forward the same email to pno but again the reversal request was denied.
4) made a complain to rbi banking ombudsman and again forward the complain downloaded copy from rbi website to pno with request for reversal.

finally the reversal was given. Email content was that "due to frequent changes in axis bank terms and condition , as a customer i am unable to utilise the annual fees benefit. The frequent changes in terms and condition is totally unjustified.