• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Need advice/ help, having a extremely poor experience closing Axis Magnus & reversing renewal fee. Fake information and false promises being given

Unitfunction

TF Buzz
How can I get the card closed asap, and the renewal fee reversal done along with money back for the payment that I have done for renewal fee.
Would raising this on twitter and linkedin help?
Would raising to RBI CMS help? they are clearly in violation of multiple RBI compliance requirements.
Does anyone know anyone senior in Axis to help get this resolved and fixed including fixing the entry on CIBIL?

Even the nodal officer sent an automated response after 2 days , that a response will be given in 7 days! At this point I am already 23 days into issue and my number has been given to some collection agents! Who have initiated harassment by calling repeatedly. And all this after each agent promises that issue will be resolved in 2 working days, At this point I have received multiple false promises, fake email IDs, and useless request IDs THAT ARE LITERALLY CLOSED IN THE SAME MINUTE. - Request ID - 240101098461 and SN240113088854, 240120126139, SN240123013717, SN240123014354

Further Details
  1. 1st Jan - I saw that a renewal fee has been charged, and raised a request for card closure. The agent informed that renewal fee reversal request is accepted and will be processed within 2 days, in the meanwhile if I can make a payment for remaining amount they will initiate the card closure post settlement of outstanding due
  2. 13th Jan -- still no action done, renewal fee still not waived, outstanding amount still shows up, and the card is not yet cancelled. I called again, and yet again a promise was made for 3 working days.
  3. in this time I have started receiving collection calls. So I made the payment for renewal fee as well, in the fear of not further impacting CIBIL.
  4. 20th Jan - I escalated to nodal officer email (1st email that's listed in a PDF on their website bounced), found another one from some linkedin message pno@axisbank.com, so mailed to them. All this time the card was still showing on app.
  5. 23rd Jan - Still no update, and no response even on email, so called the customer care again, they informed no request of cancellation exists in the system! for renewal fee reversal i have to send an email to "premium.experiences@axisbank.com" which actually bounced! The agent promised to resolve in 5 days. Yet another fake misdirection
  6. 23rd Jan - called them again, and they informed that still no request in the system for cancellation exists, and he said I will raise a request, He gave some tracking numbers. Those btw have been closed in the same minute. Now the card has stopped showing on app at least, but I haven't received any cancellation confirmation and yet again have been given ETA of 5 days.

attaching a sample of request tracking that's supposed to be for card closure and has been closed in the same minute of raising without really resolving

Attachments

• SR Tracking.pdf
    77.2 KB · Views: 29

drsel

TF Legend
There is no fee reversal option or possibility for Magnus.
you have to close the card before the fee is charged.
Now please enjoy the benefits. Read the reviews

D₹V

TF Prestige
How can I get the card closed asap, and the renewal fee reversal done along with money back for the payment that I have done for renewal fee.
Would raising this on twitter and linkedin help?
Would raising to RBI CMS help? they are clearly in violation of multiple RBI compliance requirements.
Does anyone know anyone senior in Axis to help get this resolved and fixed including fixing the entry on CIBIL?

Even the nodal officer sent an automated response after 2 days , that a response will be given in 7 days! At this point I am already 23 days into issue and my number has been given to some collection agents! Who have initiated harassment by calling repeatedly. And all this after each agent promises that issue will be resolved in 2 working days, At this point I have received multiple false promises, fake email IDs, and useless request IDs THAT ARE LITERALLY CLOSED IN THE SAME MINUTE. - Request ID - 240101098461 and SN240113088854, 240120126139, SN240123013717, SN240123014354

Further Details
  1. 1st Jan - I saw that a renewal fee has been charged, and raised a request for card closure. The agent informed that renewal fee reversal request is accepted and will be processed within 2 days, in the meanwhile if I can make a payment for remaining amount they will initiate the card closure post settlement of outstanding due
  2. 13th Jan -- still no action done, renewal fee still not waived, outstanding amount still shows up, and the card is not yet cancelled. I called again, and yet again a promise was made for 3 working days.
  3. in this time I have started receiving collection calls. So I made the payment for renewal fee as well, in the fear of not further impacting CIBIL.
  4. 20th Jan - I escalated to nodal officer email (1st email that's listed in a PDF on their website bounced), found another one from some linkedin message pno@axisbank.com, so mailed to them. All this time the card was still showing on app.
  5. 23rd Jan - Still no update, and no response even on email, so called the customer care again, they informed no request of cancellation exists in the system! for renewal fee reversal i have to send an email to "premium.experiences@axisbank.com" which actually bounced! The agent promised to resolve in 5 days. Yet another fake misdirection
  6. 23rd Jan - called them again, and they informed that still no request in the system for cancellation exists, and he said I will raise a request, He gave some tracking numbers. Those btw have been closed in the same minute. Now the card has stopped showing on app at least, but I haven't received any cancellation confirmation and yet again have been given ETA of 5 days.

attaching a sample of request tracking that's supposed to be for card closure and has been closed in the same minute of raising without really resolving
What a mess 🤣 you've done.
We get rewards because of you 😜.

Now get to the topic: If you want reversal of annual fees. The only way is retention team. That too can be connected only if you clear all the outstanding on card. That's what agent meant to say and you/him misunderstood.

So you didn't make any payment & expected to someone from Axis close this card? Not possible

Even if you pay the dues, you had to negotiate reversal of annual fees with retention team, not the clowns 🤡 in normal customer support.

And again you're mailing higher officials that your card isn't closed.

You did mistake thrice 💀.

Solution: email bank, try to reiterate that closed card & make it active again. Clear all the dues & negotiate with retention team for fees reversal now.

Or just cry 😜 about the annual fees you paid for a year which you're not gonna use.

Good luck 🤞.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I also have renewal coming up, called axis today for retention. They told if you spend 12L then reversal is possible. But to call only after fee is charged only then they'll reverse.

Unitfunction

TF Buzz
What a mess 🤣 you've done.
We get rewards because of you 😜.

Now get to the topic: If you want reversal of annual fees. The only way is retention team. That too can be connected only if you clear all the outstanding on card. That's what agent meant to say and you/him misunderstood.

So you didn't make any payment & expected to someone from Axis close this card? Not possible

Even if you pay the dues, you had to negotiate reversal of annual fees with retention team, not the clowns 🤡 in normal customer support.

And again you're mailing higher officials that your card isn't closed.

You did mistake thrice 💀.

Solution: email bank, try to reiterate that closed card & make it active again. Clear all the dues & negotiate with retention team for fees reversal now.

Or just cry 😜 about the annual fees you paid for a year which you're not gonna use.

Good luck 🤞.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.
Understood the mistakes. Dues have been cleared. However I want to figure why the incorrect information on call multiple times. Once was probably a miss. But repeatedly. I would now rather not have the card for another year on account of this. Due to this my wife is clear not to take another credit card for all the headache that gets added.

Any escalation path you are aware about that can help? H

Unitfunction

TF Buzz
The advice from the agent could have been. The fee is not getting reversed. Pay up and then request closure. That would have been better, fair and appreciated than instead what they chose. all the passive aggressive volleyball with the support staff and the harassment