• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Optimizing spends on swiggy

harisund

TF Buzz
I spend a lot on Swiggy. I have an Axis flipkart card, but I realized, every purchase is aggressively rounded down. So I barely get the 4%, almost every swiggy purchase I get less than that. (Granted, in the big picture it might not be a very big deal but nevertheless, I assume people in this forum like optimizing , right?)

Then I figured I would just get a gift card with a round number, so I can expect the full 4%. However I am only getting 1.5% when I use the "Add Balance" option in Swiggy Money. I paid for Rs. 5000, expecting to see Rs. 200 cash back, but all I get is Rs. 75. The statement just says made a purchase towards some BUNDL tech or Paytm something, and customer care says it's not a swiggy merchant (This happens even with regular swiggy food purchases some times. Anyone knows why this happens? Some times it's BUNDL, sometimes its swiggy... ?????)

I tried using Grab Deals, but I only get 2.5 % on Rs. 5000 for a discount of Rs. 175 and no further cash back on that transaction either. The statement says something along the lines of ICICI, and that doesn't count as swiggy merchant either.

So ... thoughts? I am seeing people occasionally get more than 4% by going through multiple hoops (5% SBI card -> amazon voucher -> swiggy voucher with discount etc), but I do not have a SBI cash back card. Is there any way I can consistently get the 4%? (I am not against completely throwing away the Axis-Flipkart card all together and use something else. It's a LTF card anyway, not like I am "obliged" to use the card).

RajdeepMaity

TF Buzz
One option is using the swiggy hdfc card, which gives 10% cashback on instamart, dining and delivery orders. Cashback is credited to your swiggy money wallet.

Other way is using SBI cashback card as you've mentioned.

I think Axis airtel also gives 10% cashback on swiggy transactions with monthly capping of 500/-, as you already have an Axis card, you may find it easier to get this.

cassius

TF Buzz
I spend a lot on Swiggy. I have an Axis flipkart card, but I realized, every purchase is aggressively rounded down. So I barely get the 4%, almost every swiggy purchase I get less than that. (Granted, in the big picture it might not be a very big deal but nevertheless, I assume people in this forum like optimizing , right?)

Then I figured I would just get a gift card with a round number, so I can expect the full 4%. However I am only getting 1.5% when I use the "Add Balance" option in Swiggy Money. I paid for Rs. 5000, expecting to see Rs. 200 cash back, but all I get is Rs. 75. The statement just says made a purchase towards some BUNDL tech or Paytm something, and customer care says it's not a swiggy merchant (This happens even with regular swiggy food purchases some times. Anyone knows why this happens? Some times it's BUNDL, sometimes its swiggy... ?????)

I tried using Grab Deals, but I only get 2.5 % on Rs. 5000 for a discount of Rs. 175 and no further cash back on that transaction either. The statement says something along the lines of ICICI, and that doesn't count as swiggy merchant either.

So ... thoughts? I am seeing people occasionally get more than 4% by going through multiple hoops (5% SBI card -> amazon voucher -> swiggy voucher with discount etc), but I do not have a SBI cash back card. Is there any way I can consistently get the 4%? (I am not against completely throwing away the Axis-Flipkart card all together and use something else. It's a LTF card anyway, not like I am "obliged" to use the card).
Assuming you spend a lot on swiggy, 10% cashback on. Airtel axis will cover your fees in the 1st month itself. Or else use HDFC swiggy card. Don't remain trapped in LTF cards when you can save more by paying a nominal fees if your expenses are in that category

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

So you only have axis cc ?? No other cc??

harisund

TF Buzz
So you only have axis cc ?? No other cc??
Well, I have ICICI amazon which I use heavily on amazon too.

Assuming you spend a lot on swiggy, 10% cashback on. Airtel axis will cover your fees in the 1st month itself. Or else use HDFC swiggy card. Don't remain trapped in LTF cards when you can save more by paying a nominal fees if your expenses are in that category
hmm thank you, this is an interesting view point I never considered, I have always been of the blind "if it is not LTF it is not worth it" approach. Maybe I should do some math on the threshold beyond which the non-LTF card becomes more profitable than the LTF one.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks! Unfortunately, all 3 options you have suggested require me to not only get a new credit card, but also get a card with an annual fee , which I most probably will not be able to reverse based on spent-amount.
In that case try to get amazon pay credit card & purchase Swiggy gift voucher from amazon. You will get 4% off + 2% cashback on cc.
it is also ltf so should be fine with you.

But as said if you think you can get a paid card like airtel or sbi cashback which can cover you cost then do apply. In many cases paid cards can provide better benefit than ltf cards.

harisund

TF Buzz
Okay..

Roughly once a month , GD runs voucher week . In that you get 5% CB + 2.5% off.. it will be on before xmas this month..
Looks like below:

I didn't realize this happens at specific times. I had looked at Grab deals earlier, and there was just a 2.5% discount , but good to know about voucher week, thank you.

Another option:
Paytm @5% off for min transaction of 2K..
Wow, this is pretty awesome. Thank you.

yes on Amazon, you get 4% and when you pay via amazon pay card you get 2% cashback.

I am assuming you are referring to the 4% upto 120 option on amazon (which means a max of 3k) .. but how will this be eligible for 2%? I thought 2% is only applicable to bill pay on amazon right? Are swiggy gift cards eligible for 2% too? That's good to know too, thank you!

Reactions: SSV
1. Get Airtel CC, even with paid version, you will recover the cost quickly
2. play petrol games on park+. you will get 500 swiggy money GV @ 454 against 1 lt winnings. use your FK card to get addl 1.5% cashback on this. it takes 2-3 days to win 1 lt
3. swiggy money GV are available on park+ for 6% off + 1.5% on your card
4. get swiggy money GV from amazon at 4% off + 2% CB on Amz CC
swiggy money gv works for instamart orders also

Last edited:
One option is using the swiggy hdfc card, which gives 10% cashback on instamart, dining and delivery orders. Cashback is credited to your swiggy money wallet.

Other way is using SBI cashback card as you've mentioned.

I think Axis airtel also gives 10% cashback on swiggy transactions with monthly capping of 500/-, as you already have an Axis card, you may find it easier to get this.
Does hdfc Swiggy gives 10% if merchant name is bundl technology?

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Or get an Amex and load AGVs to pay on Swiggy 😁😆