• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Optimizing spends on swiggy

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have similar spends on Swiggy around 4-6K per month. I use HDFC Swiggy card which does straight away 10% discount on ordering, instamart and dineout. Is the method above any better that what I am doing.
as of now , both are almost same.. I am expecting in the coming months GV way could become a better choice ..

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
I have similar spends on Swiggy around 4-6K per month. I use HDFC Swiggy card which does straight away 10% discount on ordering, instamart and dineout. Is the method above any better that what I am doing.
No
I would suggest getting some debit cards of the mentioned banks to save even higher.
Nothing beats the convenience of smooth payment through a card

chatenrk

TF Buzz
No
I would suggest getting some debit cards of the mentioned banks to save even higher.
Nothing beats the convenience of smooth payment through a card
The only drawback is I cant get the 1% HDFC Debit card offer as its HDFC's own co-branded card. But you are right, it takes away the hassle of buying, loading and paying via vouchers.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
The only drawback is I cant get the 1% HDFC Debit card offer as its HDFC's own co-branded card. But you are right, it takes away the hassle of buying, loading and paying via vouchers.
You can use indusind debit card for paying your hdfc card bills. Also indusind runs many promotional offers sometimes on their debit cards. Like just yesterday I received an offer which said 150 cashback on cc bill payments through their banking app just on a min txn of rs 3000.
Plus indusind and (AU bank specially) have good offers on swiggy from time to time

Last edited:
Swiggy gift voucher is like a coupon code that you apply on your cart. So if u use swiggy gift voucher, you won't be able to avail the regular discount codes on every order which is available almost every time like for 50%,60% upto 100 or 125.
So you would be paying the full price of the cart through the swiggy gift voucher which you purchased at just 10% off only
Swiggy discount code is different from Swiggy money GV. Swiggy money is just like cash and works with all regular codes. And it works with Instamart and Dineout also.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Swiggy discount code is different from Swiggy money GV. Swiggy money is just like cash and works with all regular codes. And it works with Instamart and Dineout also.
When you say swiggy GV, it is discount code for maximum platforms. For real wallet cash thing, swiggy "money" GV should be mentioned. Money matters here

HIMANSHU76888

TF Select
I spend a lot on Swiggy. I have an Axis flipkart card, but I realized, every purchase is aggressively rounded down. So I barely get the 4%, almost every swiggy purchase I get less than that. (Granted, in the big picture it might not be a very big deal but nevertheless, I assume people in this forum like optimizing , right?)

Then I figured I would just get a gift card with a round number, so I can expect the full 4%. However I am only getting 1.5% when I use the "Add Balance" option in Swiggy Money. I paid for Rs. 5000, expecting to see Rs. 200 cash back, but all I get is Rs. 75. The statement just says made a purchase towards some BUNDL tech or Paytm something, and customer care says it's not a swiggy merchant (This happens even with regular swiggy food purchases some times. Anyone knows why this happens? Some times it's BUNDL, sometimes its swiggy... ?????)

I tried using Grab Deals, but I only get 2.5 % on Rs. 5000 for a discount of Rs. 175 and no further cash back on that transaction either. The statement says something along the lines of ICICI, and that doesn't count as swiggy merchant either.

So ... thoughts? I am seeing people occasionally get more than 4% by going through multiple hoops (5% SBI card -> amazon voucher -> swiggy voucher with discount etc), but I do not have a SBI cash back card. Is there any way I can consistently get the 4%? (I am not against completely throwing away the Axis-Flipkart card all together and use something else. It's a LTF card anyway, not like I am "obliged" to use the card).
if your swiggy spends in a month are around 5000 you should consider airtel axis card as it gives 10% cashback on transaction on swiggy, big basket and zomato upto 500. also it clubs all your spendings on these platform and then credit the cashback. so let's say you spend 99rs on swiggy, in this scenario flipkart axis won't give you any cashback but if you use airtel axis you will get 9.9rs of cashback.
imo airtel axis is the best card for spends on swiggy as it gives 10% cashback as statement credit.

if your swiggy spends in a month are around 5000 you should consider airtel axis card as it gives 10% cashback on transaction on swiggy, big basket and zomato upto 500. also it clubs all your spendings on these platform and then credit the cashback. so let's say you spend 99rs on swiggy, in this scenario flipkart axis won't give you any cashback but if you use airtel axis you will get 9.9rs of cashback.
imo airtel axis is the best card for spends on swiggy as it gives 10% cashback as statement credit.
Airtel card only gives cashback on food orders but not on instamart or dineout and most important, cashback is subject to bundl blunder.

drsel

TF Legend
Do you have any swiggy discount coupon code for paying the annual membership fees for free home delivery?