• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Optimizing spends on DCB + Amex Platinum Travel

PSY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am using DCB as my primary card and recently got Amex Platinum Travel. Any suggestions on optimizing the spends between the two cards?
Currently I use DCB for vouchers and use Smartbuy for travel bookings. I have SBI Elite as a backup card wherever DCB doesn't work. But haven't faced many issues in Bangalore.

saurabhduasd

TF Select
Does DCB gives any reward points for NPS tier 1 contribution?

Amex platinum travel doesn't gives normal points but spends on NPS get counted for milestone rewards so that makes it a winner for this purpose atleast

PSY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Does DCB gives any reward points for NPS tier 1 contribution?

Amex platinum travel doesn't give normal points but spends on NPS get counted for milestone rewards so that makes it a winner for this purpose at least
Haven't tried DCB for NPS contribution. Can anyone confirm this?
Also, if we don't get any points and I am assuming there would be convenience charges for credit card transaction. So, does it make sense ?

ayman

TF Buzz
I have the same cards as well recently upgraded MRCC to platinum travel & DCB want inputs from the community. Using amex for milestone & gv purchase is from smartbuy.

madanc7

TF Buzz
See if you have paytm wallet load offers.. There is 2.65% charges but paytm was giving 1.5% to 2.5% cashback as well. With the 2% amex reward points + milestone benefits this worked out very well for me.

I had this paytm offer till yesterday but you can check if it is still there for you. And yes, paytm wallet load gave me the normal 2% amex RP and was counted for milestone.

Once I hit the 4 lakh milestone, I am using DCB for everything wherever accepted (offline, online, gv, smartbuy etc.). Wherever not accepted, using SC ultimate.

rayhan12

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
See if you have paytm wallet load offers.. There is 2.65% charges but paytm was giving 1.5% to 2.5% cashback as well. With the 2% amex reward points + milestone benefits this worked out very well for me.

I had this paytm offer till yesterday but you can check if it is still there for you. And yes, paytm wallet load gave me the normal 2% amex RP and was counted for milestone.

Once I hit the 4 lakh milestone, I am using DCB for everything wherever accepted (offline, online, gv, smartbuy etc.). Wherever not accepted, using SC ultimate.
That's great, thanks for the detailed reply.

I will check ASAP.