• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Only 9% interest in IDFC First Wealth

chinnodu

TF Buzz
I recently closed IDFC First Select and applied for Wealth on Card 2 Card basis online. The Wealth Credit card issued. It shows interest rate only 9%. Isn't it lowest in the industry?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently closed IDFC First Select and applied for Wealth on Card 2 Card basis online. The Wealth Credit card issued. It shows interest rate only 9%. Isn't it lowest in the industry?
it is - one of the. standout features - lowest interest rate / interest free cash withdrawal and all for LTF card...BUT .. they keep chg it.. mine was 9 wnt to 24 and came back to 9

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
But who in their right mind will pay any interest on a credit card, even 6% pa?
there is something called as an arbitrage opportunity
take funds at 9% and invest in lets say mutual funds at 12-15%
many people do these kinds of activities
i personally know people who take money at 2-3% from their cc and lend to their relatives at 5-6%

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
which is still the lowest.. all other banks are 40% +
wrong idfc is giving you loan on ccs at 12-23 % which is almost at par with other banks
emi conversion would be the same as per all other banks around 40-50%

think of this logically if idfc stood out so much why wasn't it the leading lending bank in terms of loans
its not that there arent people with 800 cibil

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
But who in their right mind will pay any interest on a credit card, even 6% pa?
Here you yourself said pa.. initially
Anyone to borrows at 6% a month (72% per annum) is really desperate and unlikely to repay
then here you say pm.. just a few moments later..

are you stupid
it is not 6% a month it is 6 % a year
is there anything wrong in this comment ??? just asking !!!

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
wrong idfc is giving you loan on ccs at 12-23 % which is almost at par with other banks
emi conversion would be the same as per all other banks around 40-50%

think of this logically if idfc stood out so much why wasn't it the leading lending bank in terms of loans
its not that there arent people with 800 cibil
your rotation credit rate is 9% on dues.. people don't understand the model.. emi conversion and loan are different than credit card interest.. no one charges 40-50% on emi conversion like you mention.. if u default on emi then rates will be different which is 9%.. just that the way it is calculated is per. day per transaction.. Older ones first..APR definition is very clear as per RBI.. they cannot fool around with that.. All your questions answered in the emailer attached

1000235423.jpg

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i personally know people who take money at 2-3% from their cc and lend to their relatives at 5-6%
its not flat 9%.. it still increase month on month.. so arbitrage has to be spot on and timely else you will leak money.. v dangerous game.. as MF is not guaranteed..

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
your rotation credit rate is 9% on dues.. people don't understand the model.. emi conversion and loan are different than credit card interest.. no one charges 40-50% on emi conversion like you mention.. if u default on emi then rates will be different which is 9%.. just that the way it is calculated is per. day per transaction.. Older ones first..APR definition is very clear as per RBI.. they cannot fool around with that.. All your questions answered in the emailer attached

1000235423.jpg
theze are the tentative rates
emi rates are around 13-16% for a bank
if you default the apr becomes around 38-50% depending upon the card

drsel

TF Legend
You mean 2--3% per annum or 2--3% per month?
Because no credit card will give you 2 to 3% per annum, so obviously you must be referring to per month.

In which case the lending rate also would be 5 to 6% per month and not 5 to 6% per annum