• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

The Credit Cards that you don't carry in your wallet

rojajimmy

TF Select
I havent carried wallets in almost a decade. I came back to India after living 4 years in Australia in 2013 and never wanted to carry wallets. We didnt have Tap to Pay yet in 2013 so I was 1 of the earliest adopters of Paytm and I have emailed Vijay shekhar sharma way back then and he probably replied too.

Of ocurse now we have samsung Pay on phones, watches (I have 2 samsung S21Fes, both Exynos and SD888 and a Galaxy watch 4) and Cred, Paytm and Gpay (SBI cards app & ICICI bank app too) all support Tap to Pay for some cards (i use 2 pixels too). The latest addition has been Payzapp so I do not see any need to carry wallet except for when I travel and want to use them for lounges. I have HDFC DCB so it cannot be added in any wallet yet.

Riya

TF Ace
I havent carried wallets in almost a decade. I came back to India after living 4 years in Australia in 2013 and never wanted to carry wallets. We didnt have Tap to Pay yet in 2013 so I was 1 of the earliest adopters of Paytm and I have emailed Vijay shekhar sharma way back then and he probably replied too.

Of ocurse now we have samsung Pay on phones, watches (I have 2 samsung S21Fes, both Exynos and SD888 and a Galaxy watch 4) and Cred, Paytm and Gpay (SBI cards app & ICICI bank app too) all support Tap to Pay for some cards (i use 2 pixels too). The latest addition has been Payzapp so I do not see any need to carry wallet except for when I travel and want to use them for lounges. I have HDFC DCB so it cannot be added in any wallet yet.
true... with the advent of Rupay cards, even UPI payments are simple (given that Card payment mode is not blocked by the merchant)....
but sometimes restaurants give extra discounts at certain cards... so a couple of cards are not so bad

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I carry my best offline cards from each card network ordered in the following sequence:

1. Amex Platinum Travel
2. SBI Vistara Prime (Mastercard)
3. HDFC Infinia (Visa)
4. HDFC Tata Neu Infinite (RuPay)

Plan is to replace #1 with MRCC once Plat Travel milestones are achieved, and remove #2 altogether after Vistara milestones are achieved.

Shouldn’t come as a surprise that #2 gets pulled out the most.

techt

TF Legend

Just Aussie things ... @S S V

Reactions: SSV

tbk

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I carry the ola sbi cc as it looks clean
and onecard because full refund on fuel surcharge.

In near future will switch the ola sbi cc with hdfc Marriott.

mj01

TF Select
IDFC Wealth. A "premium" card that offers just 0.75% return on offline spends!

PS- I carry it during international travel for cash withdrawal and low forex markup.