• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Top 10 WORST cards in India

drsel

TF Legend
Requesting all experts to give their views and opinions of the top 10 WORST credit cards in India which are designed to bait gullible customers.
eg. Cards which give very low returns on spends
OR
have high charges and fees including joining fee, renewal fee, forex markup, etc; without proportional returns
Thanks 🙏

Last edited:

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
How did you apply from non Airtel number? Can you login to Airtel app using non Airtel number?
Via app only. When I applied last year, it asked for PAN then number (edit it here), mail ID then income details then home address.

Edit: Forgot to mention the other number was also airtel but was not in use for a while.

sharma

TF Premier
It'll be standard chartered for me.
I hardly used this card, since it is ltf i kept it.
And then hsbc platinum, but this I'll be using for bms atleast

techt

TF Legend
Do they also provide beds? I prefer sleeping on my cashbacks, just to be safe.
you can ..
season 5 money GIF

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Do they also provide beds? I prefer sleeping on my cashbacks, just to be safe.
You can apply for Amex Platinum Travel and transfer the Welcome Benefit Reward points to ITC with ratio 1:2 and then from ITC to Marriott at 2:3 ratio then book at budget Marriott hotel nd carry your cashbacks by calling the Pinnacle concerige services and enjoy sleeping on your cashbacks.

drsel

TF Legend
You can apply for Amex Platinum Travel and transfer the Welcome Benefit Reward points to ITC with ratio 1:2 and then from ITC to Marriott at 2:3 ratio then book at budget Marriott hotel nd carry your cashbacks by calling the Pinnacle concerige services and enjoy sleeping on your cashbacks.
4 Amex = 2 ITC points
2 ITC = 3 Marriott points
So, 4 Amex = 3 Marriott.

This is a bad deal because Amex points are worth around 39 paisa and Marriott points are worth around 35 paisa

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Magnus Burgundy, Infinia and Atlas are the top three cards in India right now.
If you have even 2 of these 3, you don't need any Amex card.
Of course all these cards are for people who travel and need flights and hotels
Atlas or Infinia ? which should be the primary card for travelers.

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Infinia is very difficult to get
you need at least 42 lakhs income tax return or you need an existing HDFC card with 8 lacs limit and spends of 7.5 lakhs in the last 6 months.

so better to apply for atlas
I hv Atlas but I was looking for one of HDFC super premium cards and DCB nd Infinia were the front runner