• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Top 10 WORST cards in India

drsel

TF Legend
Requesting all experts to give their views and opinions of the top 10 WORST credit cards in India which are designed to bait gullible customers.
eg. Cards which give very low returns on spends
OR
have high charges and fees including joining fee, renewal fee, forex markup, etc; without proportional returns
Thanks 🙏

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
Correct, even if you take Infinia, and you complete only a fraction of the spend criteria, do not use all non-spend based benefits, that will be a worst card no?

My philosophy is match cc benefits and rewards with your aspirations and lifestyle. That would be a sweet spot no?
Well said. Infinia will be a white elephant 🐘 for my spend pattern.

sanzz

TF Buzz
Based on my experience CITI Rewards card ..no spend based offers , no lounge access ..no special benefit except the bigbasket instant discount of 250 on 3k spend

Reactions: SSV
I have not considered any card as a Bad/Worse/Worst card.

If it is so considered, the fault lies with the cardholder - not with the card.

Each card is meant for a section of users - target users. And, it will be a good card for them. If it is wrongly sold/marketed or taken by non-targeted users - even the best card becomes mostly unused n becomes a bad product.

So, it is a case of mis-selling, mis-matching n mis-using.

That's my take on this.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
I have not considered any card as a Bad/Worse/Worst card.

If it is so considered, the fault lies with the cardholder - not with the card.

Each card is meant for a section of users - target users. And, it will be a good card for them. If it is wrongly sold/marketed or taken by non-targeted users - even the best card becomes mostly unused n becomes a bad product.

So, it is a case of mis-selling, mis-matching n mis-using.

That's my take on this.
100% true and on point :)

Reactions: SSV
Moreover,
I see wrong perception of CC by the recent/current crop of CC users.

CCs are being seen more as investment products - with a returns-vs-cost angle - whereas the reality is that CCs are NOT such investment products. They are convenience products. With minor inducements to make them popular n sought after.

So, treating them n classifying them on returns-vs-cost parameter is not correct.

drsel

TF Legend
Moreover,

CCs are being seen more as investment products - with a returns-vs-cost angle - whereas the reality is that CCs are NOT such investment products. They are convenience products. With minor inducements to make them popular n sought after.

So, treating them n classifying them on returns-vs-cost parameter is not correct.
Everyone wants return on investment
You have to choose the card for that particular MCC which gives the maximum return

sanzz

TF Buzz

Moreover,

From Bank perspective it's a credit offering and bank has no intention to offer it to us only for convenience ( use and pay- full payer) . they want more of revolver so to make money , banks don't make much money only on swipes (from mdr) they will only earn profits when a customer revolves and pay interest.

From our perspective, customer who are well informed aware of the APR on credit cards , we want to make maximum out of these offerings without paying any charges.. so we evaluate one offering according to its cost and return.. I believe most of the population on this forum is of this category..know about the card reward/ return game..not only use it for the convenience it offers...

Banks are playing their game we are our own ...

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Requesting all experts to give their views and opinions of the top 10 WORST credit cards in India which are designed to bait gullible customers.
eg. Cards which give very low returns on spends
OR
have high charges and fees including joining fee, renewal fee, forex markup, etc; without proportional returns
Thanks 🙏
Citi Prestige considering fees of 23600/- just 10k voucher and 2.5k points given. Only Re 1 / 100 and Less redemption options. Was stuck with it for 4 years.

Spent 15 lacs on it in 2022-23 but got only 15000 points which are equivalent to 60k miles. No bonus points or gyftr at all

techt

TF Legend
Moreover,

Well said. People calling collection of cards, a portfolio... as if it is investment portfolio.