• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Magnus-Hotel Redemption

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am looking forward to redeem magnus reward points on any hotel loyalty program.

Basically I am looking forward to book more nights for my 76000 reward points. Luxury is not priority, basic rooms are fine.

If anyone has redeemed, please share your thoughts(Marriott/ITC/IHG Or other).

AakashCJB

TF Select
Magnus has 5:4 ratio on
1) Marriott
2) ITC
3) IHG
which means 76,000 : 60,000

Other basic rooms -> via traveledge / GV but 1 ER = 0.20 - Do the math and its Not recommend

On Booking More nights with points my pick would be ITC.
1) Cash price = points price -> check website for availability and points required, no account/sign in needed to check
2) Free breakfast
3) Available at many Indian cities
4) 2 - 3 category of rooms can be booked online via website
5) No dynamic award price like Marriott

Next option is Marriott (if you have Marriott status then this might be better in terms of benefit’s)
76,000 ER = 60,000 ITC
60,000 ITC = 90,000 MB (Marriott Points)
Things to keep in mind
1) If you have status (platinum and above) you get breakfast or else no breakfast

2) Dynamic pricing for points stays ( price may keeps changing - today’s price and yesterday’s price on points could be different be it higher or lower)

3) Only few properties are available at less than 10,000 points a night (usually Fairfield, four points, courtyard and some hotels at tier-2/3 cities) Well have just booked 5 nights at a le meridian property in tier 2 city for 5.5k points a night for 3 adults (there are pretty rare) now with dynamic pricing it’s being sold at 8k/ night for the same date. That’s how this works

4) Mostly base category room can only be booked.

Hope this helps!

Avijeet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
1) Marriott
2) ITC
3) IHG

Other basic rooms -> via traveledge / GV but 1 ER = 0.20 - Do the math and its Not recommend

1) Cash price = points price -> check website for availability and points required, no account/sign in needed to check
2) Free breakfast

Next option is Marriott (if you have Marriott status then this might be better in terms of benefit’s)
76,000 ER = 60,000 ITC
Things to keep in mind
1) If you have status (platinum and above) you get breakfast or else no breakfast

2) Dynamic pricing for points stays ( price may keeps changing - today’s price and yesterday’s price on points could be different be it higher or lower)

3) Only few properties are available at less than 10,000 points a night (usually Fairfield, four points, courtyard and some hotels at tier-2/3 cities) Well have just booked 5 nights at a le meridian property in tier 2 city for 5.5k points a night for 3 adults (there are pretty rare) now with dynamic pricing it’s being sold at 8k/ night for the same date. That’s how this works

Hope this helps!

Bonvoy
1. Can i book for my parents? (I am not travelling with them)?
2. Can my wife transfer EdgeRewards to my Bonvoy or ITC?

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Magnus has 5:4 ratio on
1) Marriott
2) ITC
3) IHG

2) Free breakfast

76,000 ER = 60,000 ITC
Things to keep in mind

Hope this helps!
Thanks for Useful information.

I have explored ITC website. Available rooms are rare for point booking even 1-2 months in advance. Let's hope for the best.

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bonvoy
1. Yes but I am Not sure.
2. I have read somewhere that you can transfer Edge reward points to ITC. Next if you transfer ITC points to Marriott, it will give more value.

AakashCJB

TF Select
Bonvoy
1) Yes. But for the first we have to Create a bonvoy account for parents. Then transfer Edge rewards to ITC and then redeem.

2) yes. Points can be transferred from your wife’s account to anyone’s Bonvoy or ITC account provided the correct bonvoy account number at the time of transfer.

Last edited:

AakashCJB

TF Select
Thanks for Useful information.

I have explored ITC website. Available rooms are rare for point booking even 1-2 months in advance. Let's hope for the best.
Well.. not the same here. Can you say what were the properties that you were looking at?
Whenever we search for Hotel be it peak, off peak, weekends we do find availability on almost all ITC HOTELS.
We even booked last minute same day, next day kind of reward points booking at ITC hotels.

Some of the low end (fortune & other similar brands) of ITC hotels doesn’t offer REWARD POINTS BOOKING.
ONLY ITC, WELCOM & some other properties have reward points booking.

There are some exception properties / resort in ITC portfolio that are sold out for weeks/ months time.

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I haven't shortlisted hotels yet.
However I searched for the hotels in delhi ITC Maurya & found that it is 12,000 Green points+ Taxes. So it is affordable. So if hotel is available around 10-12k points, I can have 6 nights. It will save a lot of money.

But I want to transfer edge points after ensuring availability of hotel. I kind of plan dates based on lowest rates of hotels & flights.

typhoon

TF Select
I haven't shortlisted hotels yet.
However I searched for the hotels in delhi ITC Maurya & found that it is 12,000 Green points+ Taxes. So it is affordable. So if hotel is available around 10-12k points, I can have 6 nights. It will save a lot of money.

But I want to transfer edge points after ensuring availability of hotel. I kind of plan dates based on lowest rates of hotels & flights.
It will be better to choose the date 2-4months ahead, and you will find a better deal.