• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Status Match via Credit cards - [DETAILED POST]

codenerd

TF Ace
Hi TFers,
This is going to be a bit detailed post.

Agenda:
I recently stumbled upon this thing called STATUS MATCHING available in airlines and hotels. This post is majorly depended on hotel status matching with/without credit cards.
All this while I never delved into this world of status matching and had zero idea but since last week, I spent sufficient time in this whole ecosystem.
Pre-Requisite Knowldge:
Usually Hotels and maybe airlines have 2 types of status matches available.

1. Match (M)
If a hotel (Hotel A) follows/allows/accepts Match(M) then that means you can use your existing credit card/existing membership of another hotel (Hotel B) loyalty program to match status. This is an UNCONDITIONAL match which doesnt expect you to spend any money on either Hotel A or Hotel B. The only ask is that you need to hold a good tier of the loyalty program in the hotel whose membership you are leveraging to match with loyalty program of another hotel loyalty program.

Example 1 (Credit Card - Hotel): You hold Mastercard World Elite credit card which gives complimentary Diamond Tier status match to Wyndham Rewards hotel loyalty program.
Example 2(Hotel - Hotel): You hold Wyndham Rewards Diamond Tier membership and now you are using it to match with Marriott Bonvoy Gold tier. This is just a hypothetical example as even I know Wyndham to Marriott Bonvoy isnt accepted.

2. Challenge (C)
If a hotel follows/accepts/allows status match but only via a challenge(C) then that means it is CONDITIONAL tier match and has some conditions to be followed like:
  • You may be required to have a night already spent at Hotel A/spent some money at Hotel A before using it to match status with Hotel B's loyalty program.
  • You maybe be required to have earned the status in hotel A and not acquired it on a complimentary basis like getting Diamond tier of Wyndham Rewards for free using Mastercard status match and not actually earning that tier by fulfilling the criteria of staying say for example 40 nights in a year.
  • You will be status matched for maybe 3-6 months provided you can show Hotel B that you have an upcoming stay in the next 90 days or so.
These are few of the criteria that can be imposed/required by Hotel B before accepting to match your tier by using Hotel A's membership.
More details can be found on this amazing website StatusMatcher:
Hotels:
Airlines:

1709058863494.png

Benefits:
Hotel Loyalty memberships can come handy as compared to getting the default 10-20% discount that you would have received if you had booked via some 3rd party OTA like MMT/EMT/Yatra etc in the following ways:
  • Often you get good reward points in the hotel if you book it via their website plus member rates which can often be the same as other OTAs or maybe even lesser. So you often get more value back when you opt to book via your elite membership tiers as they give accelerated rewards.
  • Since you are already an elite or highest tier member of a hotel's loyalty program, you get a plethora of benefits such as free meals/free room upgrade/ early check in late checkout/welcome drink/free night stays/etc etc etc.
  • List is endless and can vary from hotel to hotel.
  • Obviously it gives yiu a premium feeling! Even if you dont ever utilize the memberships:cool:
  • Its FREEEE!!! (mostly)
Trick:
  • Use a 54453501 Mastercard BIN to get Wyndham Diaomond Tier membership. They wont ask you to verify the card or anything. You dont even need to even hold that card. Just need the BIN!!!:D
  • Use Wyndham Diamond to get iPrefer Titanium
    Link to join iPrefer: Click Here
  • Use Wyndham Diamond to get Choice Privilege Titanium
  • Use Wyndham Diamond to get Sonesta Travel Pass
  • Use Mastercard World Elite to match with other loyalty progams which you can check from the URL below:
    1709060426698.png
    1709061370051.png
  • Before matching to any hotel's loyalty program, you need to first register a free account with that hotel and then only request for a status match.
  • There are many combinations of hotel loyalty programs and if you hold memberships of Programs like IHG/Marriott Bonvoy/Hyatt?MGM/Caesars, then you can definitely status match with other premium hotel chains from the list above. Totally Depends on which level of membership of which hotel program you currently hold.
Sample Email:
1709059466299.png
For lazy people like me:

WyndhamRewardsUpgrade@wyndham.com
WyndhamRewards@wyndham.com

Hi Team,
As per the offer mentioned below, I want to register my mastercard to get complimentary DIAMOND Status of WyndhamRewards Loyalty program.

I have already tried to reach out to your team for the upgrade multiple times but no response.

Name: Johnny Sins
Mastercard BIN: 54453501
Wyndham Member Number:
Thank you

Note:
  • This is not some copy pasted blog/chatGPT generated post. A lot of RnD and procrastination underwent to write this! I hope you enjoy!
  • Got upgraded to TF Ace yesterday so thought why not give back to this community. Hope you find this post useful.
  • If you find any issue with the content of this post/some wrong info then please let me know. I will update the post.
  • Obviously there is more info to be shared here and I am tired of writing this post, so I will keep updating this with more info regularly! :)

Last edited:

R@J

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks Johnny bhai...for taking care boldcare of the Wyndham-Mastercard offer! 🙏

On a serious note - pretty useful post for beginners! Have dropped a request to Wyndham yesterday - will try to match the status once I get diamond/platinum status.

Also, a small one liners on the use cases and usefulness of the hotel programs will be really helpful (iPrefer, Choice Privilege and Sonesta Travel Pass)

codenerd

TF Ace
Thanks Johnny bhai...for taking care boldcare of the Wyndham-Mastercard offer! 🙏

On a serious note - pretty useful post for beginners! Have dropped a request to Wyndham yesterday - will try to match the status once I get diamond/platinum status.

Also, a small one liners on the use cases and usefulness of the hotel programs will be really helpful (iPrefer, Choice Privilege and Sonesta Travel Pass)
Thanks a lot for the appreciation!
Bro I myself havent used any of these membership programs myself. Bas ek din dimaag ghooma, toh I set out on a status matching spree to just accumulate all of them I dont even know why:LOL:. So once you get hold of these memberships, you can check individually which hotel brand is covered under which Loyalty program and reap its elite membership benefits accordingly.
Also, the usefulness of a hotel loyalty program depends on the city/country you chose to stay at, the rate, the benefits you will be getting.

codenerd

TF Ace

Scroll karke thak gya
Padhe mai sallo lag jayega
Sorry cant help. Had to be an easy post for people who have zero clue about status matching. I myself had zero clue before a week. Just trying to accumulate the points. Maybe helps someone else!
Yes lengthy toh hai.

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bro I myself havent used any of these membership programs myself. Bas ek din dimaag ghooma, toh I set out on a status matching spree to just accumulate all of them I dont even know why:LOL:. So once you get hold of these memberships, you can check individually which hotel brand is covered under which Loyalty program and reap its elite membership benefits accordingly.
Gotta catch 'em all.

Keep updating the steps you take and results of those. Following. :)

codenerd

TF Ace
What about Hotel to Airline matching ?
Not really sure about that but specifically for users who hold a mid tier level of KrisFlyer program of Singapore Airlines, they can status match with Shangri la Hotel's Golden Circle jade/ higher level.

Check here:

Shangrila Hotel is partnered with KrisFlyer

R@J

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Update:
For now, they have modified the process as:

For MC World Elite cards - You can claim the Diamond tier upgrade online through redemptions.mastercard.com portal, which needs complete card number to login.
For MC World & other cards - You can claim the Platinum & Gold tier upgrade through email and sharing BIN number.

if anyone has a working 16 digit Elite number (dummy number), i can try the online portal with random expiry & CVV (there is no payment validation)......otherwise, I have mailed them using my genuine MC World card BIN.

codenerd

TF Ace
Update:
For now, they have modified the process as:

For MC World Elite cards - You can claim the Diamond tier upgrade online through redemptions.mastercard.com portal, which needs complete card number to login.
For MC World & other cards - You can claim the Platinum & Gold tier upgrade through email and sharing BIN number.

if anyone has a working 16 digit Elite number (dummy number), i can try the online portal with random expiry & CVV (there is no payment validation)......otherwise, I have mailed them using my genuine MC World card BIN.
Fetch BIN from this post or the post below:

Then use the website below to generate Mastercard numbers which may/may not work:

The same trick may work for HOTELUX membership via Mastercard status match.
But it can be tricky as even with dummy numbers, there is an algorithm called LUHN ALGORITHM followed to verify the authenticity of the card number. In your case you need to specifically generate the card numbers based on a specific BIN which may not be easily possible via online tools.

codenerd

TF Ace
Fetch BIN from this post or the post below:

Then use the website below to generate Mastercard numbers which may/may not work:

The same trick may work for HOTELUX membership via Mastercard status match.
But it can be tricky as even with dummy numbers, there is an algorithm called LUHN ALGORITHM followed to verify the authenticity of the card number. In your case you need to specifically generate the card numbers based on a specific BIN which may not be easily possible via online tools.
Generated one for you using a valid Mastercard world elite BIN:
1709133325686.png

Card Number: 5154982333279497
Check if this works. Generated via a random python code :LOL:

• Love
Reactions: R@J

R@J

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Generated one for you using a valid Mastercard world elite BIN:
1709133325686.png

Card Number: 5154982333279497
Check if this works. Generated via a random python code :LOL:
1709137152592.png
Thanks a lot @kshitiz25 for this!

However, got the verification failed msg. Used random expiry date and CVV!
Looks like they have strengthened the algorithm!

Another way out could be to get the iPrefer or GHA Discovery elite membership and use that for Status Match (will have to check if it works for any other chain).

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi TFers,
This is going to be a bit detailed post.

Agenda:
I recently stumbled upon this thing called STATUS MATCHING available in airlines and hotels. This post is majorly depended on hotel status matching with/without credit cards.
All this while I never delved into this world of status matching and had zero idea but since last week, I spent sufficient time in this whole ecosystem.
Pre-Requisite Knowldge:
Usually Hotels and maybe airlines have 2 types of status matches available.

1. Match (M)
If a hotel (Hotel A) follows/allows/accepts Match(M) then that means you can use your existing credit card/existing membership of another hotel (Hotel B) loyalty program to match status. This is an UNCONDITIONAL match which doesnt expect you to spend any money on either Hotel A or Hotel B. The only ask is that you need to hold a good tier of the loyalty program in the hotel whose membership you are leveraging to match with loyalty program of another hotel loyalty program.

Example 1 (Credit Card - Hotel): You hold Mastercard World Elite credit card which gives complimentary Diamond Tier status match to Wyndham Rewards hotel loyalty program.
Example 2(Hotel - Hotel): You hold Wyndham Rewards Diamond Tier membership and now you are using it to match with Marriott Bonvoy Gold tier. This is just a hypothetical example as even I know Wyndham to Marriott Bonvoy isnt accepted.

2. Challenge (C)
If a hotel follows/accepts/allows status match but only via a challenge(C) then that means it is CONDITIONAL tier match and has some conditions to be followed like:
  • You may be required to have a night already spent at Hotel A/spent some money at Hotel A before using it to match status with Hotel B's loyalty program.
  • You maybe be required to have earned the status in hotel A and not acquired it on a complimentary basis like getting Diamond tier of Wyndham Rewards for free using Mastercard status match and not actually earning that tier by fulfilling the criteria of staying say for example 40 nights in a year.
  • You will be status matched for maybe 3-6 months provided you can show Hotel B that you have an upcoming stay in the next 90 days or so.
These are few of the criteria that can be imposed/required by Hotel B before accepting to match your tier by using Hotel A's membership.
More details can be found on this amazing website StatusMatcher:
Hotels:
Airlines:

1709058863494.png

Benefits:
Hotel Loyalty memberships can come handy as compared to getting the default 10-20% discount that you would have received if you had booked via some 3rd party OTA like MMT/EMT/Yatra etc in the following ways:
  • Often you get good reward points in the hotel if you book it via their website plus member rates which can often be the same as other OTAs or maybe even lesser. So you often get more value back when you opt to book via your elite membership tiers as they give accelerated rewards.
  • Since you are already an elite or highest tier member of a hotel's loyalty program, you get a plethora of benefits such as free meals/free room upgrade/ early check in late checkout/welcome drink/free night stays/etc etc etc.
  • List is endless and can vary from hotel to hotel.
  • Obviously it gives yiu a premium feeling! Even if you dont ever utilize the memberships:cool:
  • Its FREEEE!!! (mostly)
Trick:
  • Use a 54453501 Mastercard BIN to get Wyndham Diaomond Tier membership. They wont ask you to verify the card or anything. You dont even need to even hold that card. Just need the BIN!!!:D
  • Use Wyndham Diamond to get iPrefer Titanium
    Link to join iPrefer: Click Here
  • Use Wyndham Diamond to get Choice Privilege Titanium
  • Use Wyndham Diamond to get Sonesta Travel Pass
  • Use Mastercard World Elite to match with other loyalty progams which you can check from the URL below:
    1709060426698.png
    1709061370051.png
  • Before matching to any hotel's loyalty program, you need to first register a free account with that hotel and then only request for a status match.
  • There are many combinations of hotel loyalty programs and if you hold memberships of Programs like IHG/Marriott Bonvoy/Hyatt?MGM/Caesars, then you can definitely status match with other premium hotel chains from the list above. Totally Depends on which level of membership of which hotel program you currently hold.
Sample Email:
1709059466299.png
For lazy people like me:

WyndhamRewardsUpgrade@wyndham.com
WyndhamRewards@wyndham.com

Hi Team,
As per the offer mentioned below, I want to register my mastercard to get complimentary DIAMOND Status of WyndhamRewards Loyalty program.

I have already tried to reach out to your team for the upgrade multiple times but no response.

Name: Johnny Sins
Mastercard BIN: 54453501
Wyndham Member Number:
Thank you

Note:
  • This is not some copy pasted blog/chatGPT generated post. A lot of RnD and procrastination underwent to write this! I hope you enjoy!
  • Got upgraded to TF Ace yesterday so thought why not give back to this community. Hope you find this post useful.
  • If you find any issue with the content of this post/some wrong info then please let me know. I will update the post.
  • Obviously there is more info to be shared here and I am tired of writing this post, so I will keep updating this with more info regularly! :)
Good post! One thing missing
Contact can be updated in email to 6969696969 ;)

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
1709137152592.png
Thanks a lot @kshitiz25 for this!

However, got the verification failed msg. Used random expiry date and CVV!
Looks like they have strengthened the algorithm!

Another way out could be to get the iPrefer or GHA Discovery elite membership and use that for Status Match (will have to check if it works for any other chain).
+ 1 for mee too .

codenerd

TF Ace
Yeah i too checked wit the Mastercard number on couple of websites and even if they re shown as a valid number, other card details are causing the failure. Maybe not so easy to fool a payment giant💳😂

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yeah i too checked wit the Mastercard number on couple of websites and even if they re shown as a valid number, other card details are causing the failure. Maybe not so easy to fool a payment giant💳😂
Sapna dikha k ___________