• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor status upgrade to Gold query

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey All,
I have an Accor Plus membership which I bought 2 months ago.
I have 26 Status Nights as of now.

I know the 20 bonus status nights which I got as a part of Accor Plus membership would expire by Dec 31st.
With 4 more status nights, my status would be upgraded to Gold.

My questions are
1. will this Gold Status be retained for another year or will that expire as well and be back to Silver post Dec 31st?
2. Anyone with Gold Membership, have you got 1 tier upgrade each time where the higher tier category rooms were available?

Right now I don't have plans to travel for this year. So I have to do a Mattress run for 4 nights to get Gold Status.
But I have a trip coming up early Next year to either Japan / Italy where I could make use of Gold Status (If retained post 31st dec) to get free upgrades.

3. Is it worth burning points or paying for 4 more nights to get Gold Status?

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I got upgraded from basic room to suite at novotel Pune. Have asked novotel da nang and pullman da nang for a future booking upgrade both have not promised anything- will try. Gold status earned during the membership year should most probably be valid until renewal. Mine was aug 23 became gold in November and it is showing validity till aug 24. Spending four nights just to become gold seems useless to me. Link your account to an airline it should add one more night.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got Gold recently.

Accor plus membership validity is 1 year. Hence Gold status will also expire at the end of Accor plus membership timelines. It does not renew for 1 year from the date of upgrade

However if you buy Accor plus membership again (for 13.5k), then it will get extended by 1 year along with 20 status nights and 1 stay plus. It will take 10 more nights to reach platinum tier

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Platinum is the start of the real deal with Accor in my view.

If you've linked your QR membership, you can become QR Gold, receive associated benefits and enjoy One World Sapphire benefits.
Maybe Flying Blue linking too has benefits.

I've seen lots of very cheap Ibis rates in Coimbatore.

Well worth the mattress runs (using Accor points/ Atlas :) to move to higher tiers.

Last edited:

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Now now I didn’t know accor status nights carry over on renewal. This changes everything for me. I paid for explorer and have got one free night in pullman da nang anywhere between 14-25k inr, and have had free buffers at pondicherry cafe in sofitel which was amazing. I am so happy with my purchase

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

If you've linked your QR membership, you can become QR Gold, receive associated benefits and enjoy One World Sapphire benefits.

Well worth the mattress runs (using Accor points/ Atlas :) to move to higher tiers.
I am aiming platinum for next year renewal since we get additional bonus 20 nights on renewal which would make 40 elite nights and only 20 has to be from my side.

This year if I don't do 4 nights I'll be stuck with silver till renewal. I'll probably consider the mattress run 😄

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Now now I didn’t know accor status nights carry over on renewal. This changes everything for me. I paid for explorer and have got one free night in pullman da nang anywhere between 14-25k inr, and have had free buffers at pondicherry cafe in sofitel which was amazing. I am so happy with my purchase
Yes, I recently stayed at Sofitel too. It's really good!

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

I am assuming QR= Qatar Airways, if that is such, then I believe we cannot link it to multiple airlines. It throws an error saying once you link it to one airlines, you need to wait for a year before linking it to another.

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am assuming QR= Qatar Airways, if that is such, then I believe we cannot link it to multiple airlines. It throws an error saying once you link it to one airlines, you need to wait for a year before linking it to another.
Right about QR and linking one airline at a time.

I didnt mean linking both at the same time.

I meant about the linking options available.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Screenshot_20231204_220438_Accor All.jpg

I see this in Accor App. It says I have time till August 2024 to complete 4 more status nights. But most people say the current Status nights will expire and reset to zero by 31st December of every year.
Which one is true.?

004archit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got upgraded from basic room to suite at novotel Pune. Have asked novotel da nang and pullman da nang for a future booking upgrade both have not promised anything- will try. Gold status earned during the membership year should most probably be valid until renewal. Mine was aug 23 became gold in November and it is showing validity till aug 24. Spending four nights just to become gold seems useless to me. Link your account to an airline it should add one more night.
Link to any airline supported by Accor or any specific, which airline you have linked and get 1 status night and that airline you are basic member or any specific level

How many days it take to reflect that 1 status night?

jamesdolan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I had linked it with flying blue. It got added in a few days do not remember exactly how many. I had taken a korean air flight whose miles i got credited to my flying blue account

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
I am 1 night away from 30, thinking of booking an extra room with an existing booking to reach the milestone

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am 1 night away from 30, thinking of booking an extra room with an existing booking to reach the milestone

Status nights is credited per night per booking. Even if you book 5 rooms for 1 day it's still 1 status night only.
I am not sure if it works differently for 2 seperate bookings.

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So i reached gold.it says my accor plus membership is valid till oct2024 but inside the progress bar, it says 27 nights must be earned before 31dec 2023. What does this mean? After 31st dec 2023, do I lose gold status? Even though expiry is oct 2024

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So i reached gold.it says my accor plus membership is valid till oct2024 but inside the progress bar, it says 27 nights must be earned before 31dec 2023. What does this mean? After 31st dec 2023, do I lose gold status? Even though expiry is oct 2024
🥲 Earlier in the progress bar it was showing june 16th for me same as plus membership expiry.
Now it is showing 31st december.
I needed 2 more stays and I cancelled 2 nights last week because of the earlier UI.

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Link to any airline supported by Accor or any specific, which airline you have linked and get 1 status night and that airline you are basic member or any specific level

How many days it take to reflect that 1 status night?
i cant find any such option
where can i find that option?

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You'll only lose status nights. Your current status is valid till next year.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
🥲 Earlier in the progress bar it was showing june 16th for me same as plus membership expiry.
Now it is showing 31st december.
I needed 2 more stays and I cancelled 2 nights last week because of the earlier UI.
They fixed this issue a few weeks ago. Around 2nd week of December it started showing correct expiry for status nights.