• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IRCTC with Amazon Gift Card better than HDFC Infinia Smartbuy for Train bookings?

srikbs8095

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hey folks, I'm new to the game, so excuse the excitement on this one. I have been using HDFC Infinia Smartbuy to book over 50 train reservations over the past year. I used Smartbuy because of the 3X multiplier, bringing the total rewards to ~10%. But I just noticed that if I book directly using IRCTC and pay using the Amazon Pay Gift balance (Amazon Gift card purchased from Gyftr using Smartbuy), we can save up to 14% (16%-1.8% processing). Am I just too busy to not have noticed this before? or does this surprise you as well?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hey folks, I'm new to the game, so excuse the excitement on this one. I have been using HDFC Infinia Smartbuy to book over 50 train reservations over the past year. I used Smartbuy because of the 3X multiplier, bringing the total rewards to ~10%. But I just noticed that if I book directly using IRCTC and pay using the Amazon Pay Gift balance (Amazon Gift card purchased from Gyftr using Smartbuy), we can save up to 14% (16%-1.8% processing). Am I just too busy to not have noticed this before? or does this surprise you as well?
You didn't account for gytfr processing fee