• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millenia to Infinia upgrade with around 6L ITR, less than 1L NRV with HDFC!

NinjaHatori

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone. I have always been a silent member who just visited TF community but never had anything to post about, but today I want to share my journey from Millenia to Infinia Metal having less than 6 ITR. The journey is for my Mom's millenia cc which she has been using since long. My father is a marine engineer, therefore he doesn't have many cc's. Since he's a marine engineer with NRI status, HDFC kept declining for Infinia Metal or any CC for that matter so this path was pre - declined (joke intended).

Only way to get Infinia now was to get it by upgrading my mom's Hdfc cc. She had actually got Invites for Infinia in 2020, 21, 22 during which my dad was handling all this, he was never keen on RP's and he only uses CC for convenience and to an extent for fraud protection (recently had a fraud of 4500 or so with ICICI cc which showed us the power of Charge back claims for cc) therefore he never tried to learn about Cc's RPs and all and therefore didn't take the upgrade.
He has handed me all the things related to CC and finding good cashback or RP deals, recently, that's when I learned about Infinia card, it's RP structure and that's when I fell in love with it. So I was determined to get it but wasn't sure what to do. I read about the post by Sumanta Sir for getting DCB and Infinia which said that min 10L limit is needed and spends of 6 to 8L in last 6 months.
Recently, I also had to raise a ticket regarding issue with not being able to redeem Cashpoints for Millenia, where the normal Escalation team was taking forever and some people suggested me to raise it to Grievance Redressal. That was when I thought, ki abhi ticket open hi hai toh puch hi leta hu. I asked them in an email, if it was possible to upgrade the CC to Infinia Metal, to which I got a reply last night, saying that they have seeked approval for the same and will be giving as FYF with renewal charges applicable, I am happy that they didn't say like it's LTF* (* - subject to spends of 10L in an annum, which is HDFCs usual practice, lol). They didn't ask me for any documents, and just asked me - 1) Reply with the consent to upgrade with specifying the last 4 digits of Millenia cc.
2) Confirming the card which I want to upgrade to.
3) Accepting the the transfer of RPs from millenia to Infinia with as per the applicable conversion ratio.

For context, current CL on millenia is 12L and spends in last 2 quarters (I went to points redemption, where I checked it in the spend promo as Millenia CC has spend benefit of 1k voucher for 1L every quarter) where previous quarter spends were around 2.2L and for this quarter have been around 2.5L till date. Not much of NRV with HDFC either, only 25k mab SAVINGSMAX ac with around 30k balance usually. I also did quote about getting Infinia offer in 2020, 21 and 22, maybe that helped too.
I want to thank Sumanta Sir and all my fellow TF members for sharing their knowledge on the platform which has always been immensely helpful. I hope that you all have a fantastic day ahead! :)

I think Sumanta sir got it right, 'You don't get things you don't ask for'

Attachments

• Infinia.jpg
    Infinia.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

NinjaHatori

TF Select
VIP Lounge
any idea if we can get it re dispatched to nearest HDFC branch like we can do for ICICI ? As my dad (who will need PP the most) doesn't have an add on so will have to wait until I get the card.

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Damn. Well, congrats! LTF is an accomplishment I am hoping to earn as well. Would you mind sharing on what basis you got it LTF ?
It was discussed heavily here and don’t want to discuss it anymore.. please search my posts with keywords .. in the search box you can search only by”some user”..
Please do this first.. if you still can’t you can DM me later..
An example search, like this..

1707159590757.png

Thanks and good night

H2O

TF Premier
By going through this thread, I really want to kill my RM/RM Spoc assigned through my company, Nodal Team, and PNO team.

angry fuck me GIF

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
By going through this thread, I really want to kill my RM/RM Spoc assigned through my company, Nodal Team, and PNO team.

angry F**k me GIF
For god sake, please don’t do this ..
I know your frustration.. but still..
Have a good night sleep

NinjaHatori

TF Select
VIP Lounge

angry F**k me GIF
Arey re. Mil jayga sir. Itna trast mat hoiye. RM usually is useless only. Whenever asked for CC upgrade, would say 'I'll get back to you later' till then check this ULIP, SIP out

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
any idea if we can get it re dispatched to nearest HDFC branch like we can do for ICICI ? As my dad (who will need PP the most) doesn't have an add on so will have to wait until I get the card.
Yes. You can request at nearest branch.
I had exact use case. Dcb with add-on was upgraded to infinia. Received add-on along with primary card. Got it delivered to nearest branch.

Last edited:

NinjaHatori

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes. You can request at nearest branch.
I had exact use case. Dcb with add-on was upgraded to infinia. Received add-on along with primary card. Got it delivered to nearest branch.

Note: If you have a milestone pending, collect post completion if it. They close older card the same day you pick new one
Much thanks. So, they deliver to nearest branch in another city as well, right ?