• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation HDFC Smartbuy Devaluation

Card

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Starting March 2024, only ₹1,500 worth of Big basket and Blinkit vouchers can be purchased in a calendar month via Smartbuy. This happened on my Infinia.

This limit is absurd for the most premium card from HDFC. I think the launch of Infinia Reserve/Galaxy is imminent. Otherwise, they would have kept a reasonable limit of at least 10,000.

Last edited:

Thangarajan D

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Starting March 2024, only ₹1,500 worth of Big basket and Blinkit vouchers can be purchased in a calendar month via Smartbuy. This happened on my Infinia.

This limit is absurd for the most premium card from HDFC. I think the launch of Infinia Reserve/Galaxy is imminent. Otherwise, they would have kept a reasonable limit of at least 10,000.
Buy the Amazon voucher and buy the Bigbasket voucher from Amazon, additional 2% discount also you will get it

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Did you consider 5% extra on Tata Neu plus 2% on big basket voucher through Amazon shopping voucher? Is Fresh still cheaper?
Generally there is a Amazon Rewards promotion, 100Rs cashback if you buy Rs 1299 or Rs 1499 etc. with Fresh. So, comes way ahead than BigBasket when discounts are also considered on top of this.

Typically, I have seen 15Rs higher on each item in BB compared to Fresh (ofcourse not including the small ticket items). Dont know if it is Amazon providing a discount or BB jacking the prices up. Sometimes, it is absurdly high as well.

For ex: Unity Basmati Rice is 188 per kg in BB, while it is 149 in Fresh.

Card

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Generally there is a Amazon Rewards promotion, 100Rs cashback if you buy Rs 1299 or Rs 1499 etc. with Fresh. So, comes way ahead than BigBasket when discounts are also considered on top of this.

Typically, I have seen 15Rs higher on each item in BB compared to Fresh (ofcourse not including the small ticket items). Dont know if it is Amazon providing a discount or BB jacking the prices up. Sometimes, it is absurdly high as well.

For ex: Unity Basmati Rice is 188 per kg in BB, while it is 149 in Fresh.
Thanks for this info. I used fresh for years and then switched to Bigbasket two years ago. Will check again.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Sometimes FMCG and cosmetic items on Fresh are fake or of inferior quality.This is my observation.
Not sure, I have been using for couple of years on Fresh, I have no issues, yet. Also, I have seen the produce atleast being cleaner and fresh with Amazon, while sometimes things coming from BB have been dirty (outside cover, not the contents) and expired or nearing expiry. Credit to BB though, they did refund for near expiry items.

So far, been a happy customer of Amazon. I do load both the carts, and I just submit whichever comes out cheaper.