• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Invoice for Hotel Booking on Smartbuy

Manny@11

TF Buzz
Hello,

If I make a hotel booking through HDFC Smartbuy portal, will I be able to get a tax invoice for it? If yes, how do I get it?
I made a booking through Smartbuy- MMT earlier, but I cant see that booking in MMT history to get invoice for it. MMT Customer Care also was of no help as it didnt associate the booking with my number.

If someone can confirm the way to get it, I would route all my bookings through Smartbuy. Otherwise I have to continue booking directly.

I tried to search the threads for it, but didnt find anything related to this.

svs_23

TF Select
Once I booked an ibis through smartbuy and later in office submitted for reimbursement, they asked for an invoice.
I contacted the hotel and asked for it and they provided me the same. But during checkout when I asked for invoice, front desk said they can’t give since booking was through MMT/ smartbuy. But was strange and good that they responded with invoice on email once I asked them.

I had a small doubt -
When we use Smartbuy IRCTC, we enter our user id & password as well and naturally any booking done automatically shows up on IRCTC app as well.

Similarly, if a booking is done via Smartbuy Redbus, there is no option to login to existing Redbus account and also, the booking doesn't show up in Redbus app even after using the registered mobile number and email.

So, is there any way to link existing account of Redbus and other booking platforms to Smartbuy?

@SSV @elite34700 @DocFixIt @sidp @SmartSave @Swastik

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had a small doubt -
When we use Smartbuy IRCTC, we enter our user id & password as well and naturally any booking done automatically shows up on IRCTC app as well.

Similarly, if a booking is done via Smartbuy Redbus, there is no option to login to existing Redbus account and also, the booking doesn't show up in Redbus app even after using the registered mobile number and email.

So, is there any way to link existing account of Redbus and other booking platforms to Smartbuy?

@SSV @elite34700 @DocFixIt @sidp @SmartSave @Swastik
Never used smartbuy for bus booking ,only for Flights, Hotels & Trains

But i don't think so ,since as you mentioned, all train booking have to be eventually done by IRCTC only ,but same doesn't apply to others

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello,

If I make a hotel booking through HDFC Smartbuy portal, will I be able to get a tax invoice for it? If yes, how do I get it?
I made a booking through Smartbuy- MMT earlier, but I cant see that booking in MMT history to get invoice for it. MMT Customer Care also was of no help as it didnt associate the booking with my number.

If someone can confirm the way to get it, I would route all my bookings through Smartbuy. Otherwise I have to continue booking directly.

I tried to search the threads for it, but didnt find anything related to this.
For tax invoice give gst details while booking on smartbuy. Once you reach the hotel tell them I will need gst invoice on checkout. Confirm with them again if they received gst details, if not provide them again. On checkout they will print and give you gst invoice. Have done this numerous times on direct bookings on MMT and also on MMT via HDFC smartbuy. MMT can’t give you tax invoice, only hotel can give you that.

svs_23

TF Select
For tax invoice give gst details while booking on smartbuy. Once you reach the hotel tell them I will need gst invoice on checkout. Confirm with them again if they received gst details, if not provide them again. On checkout they will print and give you gst invoice. Have done this numerous times on direct bookings on MMT and also on MMT via HDFC smartbuy. MMT can’t give you tax invoice, only hotel can give you that.
If we give GST details in smart buy, it is still eligible for reward points? Cause it would then become a business spend isn’t it?

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If we give GST details in smart buy, it is still eligible for reward points? Cause it would then become a business spend isn’t it?
No it eligible for points. I am assuming you are not booking for many other people like travel agent. Going for official work where office requires you to put gst no is fine.