• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Smartbuy Hotel Invoice

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I recently booked a hotel through HDFC smartbuy - YATRA. Now the hotel as well as yatra are not providing an invoice.

Hotel is saying that they cant generate invoices for pre-paid bookings and this booking is received via Expedia. As they have agreement with expedia, they are unable to disclose the rates. Yatra is saying that as per GST rule, they cant generate invoices.

What should I do? If I dont get the invoice, I must bear the cost instead of getting it reimbursed from the company.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I recently booked a hotel through HDFC smartbuy - YATRA. Now the hotel as well as yatra are not providing an invoice.

Hotel is saying that they cant generate invoices for pre-paid bookings and this booking is received via Expedia. As they have agreement with expedia, they are unable to disclose the rates. Yatra is saying that as per GST rule, they cant generate invoices.

What should I do? If I dont get the invoice, I must bear the cost instead of getting it reimbursed from the company.
@anirban.choudhury . .

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
how soon did you get confirmation email of booking from yatra or hotel after smart buy transaction?
Same day. They are prompt. I took email from hotel saying they can't give invoice and booking done through Expedia. Then I threatened yatra saying I'll chargeback if I don't get an invoice. They provided a clubbed invoice. No gst bifurcation on it though gst number written.

Also, I contacted smartbuy yatra. Not normal yatra. At same time I contact infinia support as well to increase pressure.