• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indulging with Indus Exclusively :)

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Good Day Everyone,

This post is about my journey with IndusInd , this will be a little different post than the ICICI one as I will not be discussing about the fees plan associated with my card instead this post will mostly be related to my journey with IndusInd. So back in Oct 2022 , I applied for IndusInd Legend card through their online channel and was approved with a limit of 9 lakhs , however when I received my card the limit given was 5 lakhs , within 20 days of using my card I received a message that my card limit has been enhanced to 9 lakhs . Fast forward March 2023, I took an upgrade from Legend to Indulge credit card. Post that I came to know as per the SOB of exclusive savings account , one can maintain an exclusive account with 0 fund if an Indulge/Pinnacle credit card can be linked to account as surrogate . Till this time I had no banking relation with IndusInd , so I had to 2 options either open a basic 0 MAB account with IndusInd online and then get that upgraded to Exclusive account from branch or to directly open a Exclusive account online
I am not a fan of HNI banking and also as per principle I never open a account with huge IP just for credit card . So point 1 seems more feasible to me , I went ahead and opened a 0 MAB account online and got a virtual DC and a physical Titanium DC charged 249 Rs. Post completing my VKYC , I visited IndusInd branch and submitted the upgrade form to upgrade my account to Exclusive , the upgrade was processed in 7 days as 3 days were taken for approval as my account didn’t had the minimal balance required for Exclusive account . Post the upgrade I received my welcome kit which had a visa signature DC , also just when my account got upgraded I raised a request through phone banking to give a MC Exclusive DC as well , so I received both my Visa and MC DC .
P.S - I also tried to get Pioneer World Heritage Credit Card but that request was denied as I don’t have any Pioneer relation with Indus Ind
IndusInd gives 5 add-on cards so I took all 5 for my family members, Indulge add-on also gets unlimited lounge access through PP
Below is a picture of my current portfolio with IndusInd

Cheers

Attachments

• BD395B66-5DF7-42C1-BAEB-3259BB71ABC8.jpeg
    BD395B66-5DF7-42C1-BAEB-3259BB71ABC8.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 1,033

denisjos

TF Buzz
In my opinion, you shouldn't have told the BM or Customer care that people are holding multiple dc's. There are multiple ways to get these DCs without the need of customer care. You can easily apply from the app. If someone denied you Master card you can ask them to apply Master closing the Visa, because other cards can easily be applied from your Indusind app. Again making them know that people are multiple debit cards might trigger the audit process and we will lose the benefits
Oh I don't need to tell them about the other cards when they open up the profile it is visible to them.
Yes we can apply from the app that is limited to visa cards, didn't try to close the visa for mc as I suspected the options to apply might change when I hold only mc. If this works then good.

Manju09

TF Buzz
The upgrade process has to be carried out manually by visiting branch , there might be some minimum balance requirement , but that you can negotiate with the employee that you would step up the amount in some time or you can even tell than , as per the SOB you will link your legend/pinnacle/Indulge card (based on your account variant) with your account so that it becomes 0 MAB , mostly they will take the request and the account will get upgraded , once it is upgraded link your credit card to the account using indus mobile app. Your account will become 0 MAB. If you want a confirmation for the same you can mail reachus@indusind.com for confirmation
I already had an LTF Legend credit card. Opened Select Savings account online 2 days back. Meanwhile I have mailed ReachUs team to link both the products & make the Account 0 AMB. They have asked me to reach Premium.care@indusind.com . Is it normal in IndusInd, sir?

hi all, I have Indusind visa signature exclusive debit card (Exclusive a/c linked with Pinnacle). But when I called phone banking for applying for Indusind world master debit card, they informed that a customer can have only one debit card. Is that true? Anyone tried recently to get two DC.

Another question, if I open another add on account for my wife and son, will these all be 0 MAB? and will these get Exclusive Visa Signature DC too with same set of features.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
hi all, I have Indusind visa signature exclusive debit card (Exclusive a/c linked with Pinnacle). But when I called phone banking for applying for Indusind world master debit card, they informed that a customer can have only one debit card. Is that true? Anyone tried recently to get two DC.

Another question, if I open another add on account for my wife and son, will these all be 0 MAB? and will these get Exclusive Visa Signature DC too with same set of features.
Try via the mobile app.

Hamburger menu > Apply Now > Debit Card > Choose the card to apply for. You should be able to see a list of cards available to you. Click on the card and apply (don't worry, it's free).

If you can't find the Mastercard variant in the list, call customer care again. Tell them you will be traveling abroad and need the Mastercard variant (create any story). Most likely, they will oblige. If the representative doesn't agree, disconnect the call and try again until you find a knowledgeable executive.

wife/ son - ideally it should be free if grouped (confirm with others )

Last edited:
Try via the mobile app.

Hamburger menu > Apply Now > Debit Card > Choose the card to apply for. You should be able to see a list of cards available to you. Click on the card and apply (don't worry, it's free).

If you can't find the Mastercard variant in the list, call customer care again. Tell them you will be traveling abroad and need the Mastercard variant (create any story). Most likely, they will oblige. If the representative doesn't agree, disconnect the call and try again until you find a knowledgeable executive.

wife/ son - ideally it should be free if grouped (confirm with others )
The customer care executive said, if I apply for the MC variant, the VISA variant will be blocked. He told this option is used when you lost your card.
He also told that it was available till some time back. (That's why i wanted to know if someone recently go the same)

Not sure if he does not know or they are asked to do the same to avoid multiple card.

Cc_creditguy

TF Premier
The customer care executive said, if I apply for the MC variant, the VISA variant will be blocked. He told this option is used when you lost your card.
He also told that it was available till some time back. (That's why i wanted to know if someone recently go the same)

Not sure if he does not know or they are asked to do the same to avoid multiple card.
Naah u can apply, 3 card will work

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

leave cc .. can u apply via mobile app .. if that doesnt work

call cc again .. even if he says the card will be blocked say ok (ask him not to block ... say you will do once u received the card)

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor

Do you have an RM assigned? If you do, ask him or her to apply for the card on your behalf. There's no need to visit the branch; it can be done over a call.

Superman

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

I went through the same situation few months back.

I had only Visa Signature DC and the app had option to apply for Visa Signature and Visa Platinum only. When I asked for additional MC World card, BM/RM and customer care said I can have only 1 DC and my existing Visa card will be closed if I want MC card. There was no option to apply for MC World DC in the app.

Then I asked customer care to apply for MC World DC and mentioned that they can close my existing Visa card. The request went through and in few minutes I could see MC World card in my app and the Visa was closed.

After receiving the physical MC I applied for Visa Signature from the app and in few minutes I could see both the cards in the app. After a week I again applied for Visa Platinum from the app with success. Now I have 3 debit cards - MC World, Visa Signature and Visa Platinum.

TLDR: Apply for MC via customer care and let them close Visa card, after a week apply for Visa cards one by one from the app

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I went through the same situation few months back.

I had only Visa Signature DC and the app had option to apply for Visa Signature and Visa Platinum only. When I asked for additional MC World card, BM/RM and customer care said I can have only 1 DC and my existing Visa card will be closed if I want MC card. There was no option to apply for MC World DC in the app.

Then I asked customer care to apply for MC World DC and mentioned that they can close my existing Visa card. The request went through and in few minutes I could see MC World card in my app and the Visa was closed.

After receiving the physical MC I applied for Visa Signature from the app and in few minutes I could see both the cards in the app. After a week I again applied for Visa Platinum from the app with success. Now I have 3 debit cards - MC World, Visa Signature and Visa Platinum.

TLDR: Apply for MC via customer care and let them close Visa card, after a week apply for Visa cards one by one from the app
good trick bro

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Good Day Everyone,

This post is about my journey with IndusInd , this will be a little different post than the ICICI one as I will not be discussing about the fees plan associated with my card instead this post will mostly be related to my journey with IndusInd. So back in Oct 2022 , I applied for IndusInd Legend card through their online channel and was approved with a limit of 9 lakhs , however when I received my card the limit given was 5 lakhs , within 20 days of using my card I received a message that my card limit has been enhanced to 9 lakhs . Fast forward March 2023, I took an upgrade from Legend to Indulge credit card. Post that I came to know as per the SOB of exclusive savings account , one can maintain an exclusive account with 0 fund if an Indulge/Pinnacle credit card can be linked to account as surrogate . Till this time I had no banking relation with IndusInd , so I had to 2 options either open a basic 0 MAB account with IndusInd online and then get that upgraded to Exclusive account from branch or to directly open a Exclusive account online
I am not a fan of HNI banking and also as per principle I never open a account with huge IP just for credit card . So point 1 seems more feasible to me , I went ahead and opened a 0 MAB account online and got a virtual DC and a physical Titanium DC charged 249 Rs. Post completing my VKYC , I visited IndusInd branch and submitted the upgrade form to upgrade my account to Exclusive , the upgrade was processed in 7 days as 3 days were taken for approval as my account didn’t had the minimal balance required for Exclusive account . Post the upgrade I received my welcome kit which had a visa signature DC , also just when my account got upgraded I raised a request through phone banking to give a MC Exclusive DC as well , so I received both my Visa and MC DC .
P.S - I also tried to get Pioneer World Heritage Credit Card but that request was denied as I don’t have any Pioneer relation with Indus Ind
IndusInd gives 5 add-on cards so I took all 5 for my family members, Indulge add-on also gets unlimited lounge access through PP
Below is a picture of my current portfolio with IndusInd

Cheers
@anirban.choudhury

Bro, I have applied for Add on and got the card. For PP when I ask the customer for request they have taken it and saying that ADD on PP access to lounges are charged at USD 27 per visit. Can you confirm on that?? Have any of the add on visitors accessed it for free or it is charges??

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
@anirban.choudhury

Bro, I have applied for Add on and got the card. For PP when I ask the customer for request they have taken it and saying that ADD on PP access to lounges are charged at USD 27 per visit. Can you confirm on that?? Have any of the add on visitors accessed it for free or it is charges??
The PP with indusind is always a gray area , CS and even the mails that I received says that PP is only for primary but I have a written mail from indusind head credit cards team that PP for addons also get unlimited international lounge access.
TBH I have never used Indusind indulge addon or primary PP just to avoid this confusion.