• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I'm applied for HDFC Regalia but approved Millennia what should I do?

Lucious.Flamel

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I had applied for Regalia, on C2C basis, offline from an HDFC branch agent which was stated to be LTF. Even on the verification call, I was told that I am applying for a Regalia LTF card. After all the approval, I got an Insta Millennia Credit Card in my mail. I thought it might be temporary. But today when I received the card it is actually Millennia Credit Card.

Another thing, while my application was in process, I was given several options to apply for Regalia CC from my HDFC net-banking account. I am still getting that option, and it is stating that it is LTF (on meeting spending criteria).

What would you suggest as further steps? Should I ask the CC for a Regalia upgrade or fight with them about why did they issue another card while I applied for Regalia (I have forms and proofs that I applied for Regalia), or should I apply online where I am getting pre-approved Regalia CC?

Also, let me know if anyone else has faced the same issue.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 10.46.16 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 10.46.16 AM.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 111

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
To be Frank HDFC doesn't allow anyone to have 2 HDFC CC so if you apply for the new one the application might get rejected.
I would suggest to ask them to upgrade millennia cc to regalia as you had applied for regalia.
If they don't agree to upgrade raise a complaint as you have all the proofs.

nishadthakur

TF Select
Your second application will get rejected.
First contact customer stating that you applied the regalia and received another card.

If they say that this is the policy.
Then file grievance, here you can write about providing your original application and threatening to close the account

Then they will give you the new card with no question asked

(similar experience with me)

ElonMusk

TF Buzz
Your second application will get rejected.
First contact customer stating that you applied the regalia and received another card.

If they say that this is the policy.
Then file grievance, here you can write about providing your original application and threatening to close the account

Then they will give you the new card with no question asked

(similar experience with me)
Have you get the new card?

ElonMusk

TF Buzz
Hi,

I had applied for Regalia, on C2C basis, offline from an HDFC branch agent which was stated to be LTF. Even on the verification call, I was told that I am applying for a Regalia LTF card. After all the approval, I got an Insta Millennia Credit Card in my mail. I thought it might be temporary. But today when I received the card it is actually Millennia Credit Card.

Another thing, while my application was in process, I was given several options to apply for Regalia CC from my HDFC net-banking account. I am still getting that option, and it is stating that it is LTF (on meeting spending criteria).

What would you suggest as further steps? Should I ask the CC for a Regalia upgrade or fight with them about why did they issue another card while I applied for Regalia (I have forms and proofs that I applied for Regalia), or should I apply online where I am getting pre-approved Regalia CC?

Cheers!
Yes I faced the same issue.
I also applied through c2c for Regalia but got moneyback instead and then I contacted the agent he said due to inter policy your Regalia application is rejected and the bank has issued the lower varient card.

nishadthakur

TF Select
Have you get the new card?
First check if you are fall into all the criteria

Then mail level 1 customer care stating that you have applied for regalia but got lower variant. They will mail you that due to internal policy they won't offer you the card.

Now mail to grievance, write as "what is the policy giving cards without consent of the customer and you will be cancelling the card"

If your documents are in order and you fall under the criteria, No question will be ask and they will send you the card.

Amitt Aryan

TF Premier
Hi,

Cheers!
What was the limit on the other card which you applied for Regalia?

cherryj1988

TF Select
Do what Thakur says. You have enough limit to get regalia and moneyback is kind of bad in terms of what it offers. Millenia or regalia is minimum what u need to have and then decide based on ur type/amount of spending b/w the 2

Lucious.Flamel

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
First check if you are fall into all the criteria

Then mail level 1 customer care stating that you have applied for regalia but got lower variant. They will mail you that due to internal policy they won't offer you the card.

Now mail to grievance, write as "what is the policy giving cards without consent of the customer and you will be cancelling the card"

If your documents are in order and you fall under the criteria, No question will be ask and they will send you the card.

I know I do, even HDFC net banking is also showing me that I am. But HDFC marketing team and the internal team don't go hand in hand. At first they might show you, that you are eligible, but after applying for the card the eligibility changes.

I did as @nishadthakur stated, and got the following reply from Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com:

Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 5.28.04 PM.png
I guess my mistake for applying with C2C (for LTF). If I show my salary slips (i.e. more than 1.5L per month) and mail priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com, will that work?

nishadthakur

TF Select
You should have used your salary slip for applying,now since you applied c2c,with low credit limit they have rejected your application.
Physically mail the upgrade form to Chennai along with salary slip . This is your only option

Also as per hdfc policy
Statement of the other Bank Credit cards belonging to: Standard Chartered Citibank HSBC DEUTSCHE or Axis Bank ONLY are acceptable.

Last edited:

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I had also gotten approval with apay, but tbh they didn't really ask anything, it was just one of the documents I had submitted.

They didn't even call me later to check if w/e info I had given was real. No vkyc was done, they sent the card anyways :ROFLMAO:

But I got millennia. I wanted that one only, so I don't know about regalia possibilities.

Lucious.Flamel

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You should have used your salary slip for applying,now since you applied c2c,with low credit limit they have rejected your application.
Physically mail the upgrade form to Chennai along with salary slip . This is your only option

Also as per hdfc policy
Statement of the other Bank Credit cards belonging to: Standard Chartered Citibank HSBC DEUTSCHE or Axis Bank ONLY are acceptable.
Try sending your salary slips, it might work. If you had such salary slips, you should have actually applied with salary slips. I think you could have even got a higher variant CC like Diner's Privilege/Regalia/DCB on basis of your salary slips.
I wished to get Regalia LTF and the HDFC branch suggested me to go with the C2C method for LTF otherwise I would have gone with the normal income proofs method.

In fact, after when I applied offline via C2C, I got the option in the net banking offers section that I am eligible for Regalia CC LTF without any terms and conditions. Proof attached:

Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 9.04.49 PM.png

So all in all I have 2 options:
  1. Mail PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com my scenario with salary slips, and office ID card, despite facing failure with Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com
  2. Mailing the same documents in hard copies with the credit card upgrade form to the Chennai office.
Please let me know if anyone has any other solutions as well.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
You seem to have all the proofs needed to indicate that there seems to be error from there end, or at least you were not delivered what you were promised.

I see scope of escalation, follow the metrics, see what happens.

And also send physical mail to Chennai like previously mentioned.

Lucious.Flamel

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You seem to have all the proofs needed to indicate that there seems to be error from there end, or at least you were not delivered what you were promised.

I see scope of escalation, follow the metrics, see what happens.

And also send physical mail to Chennai like previously mentioned.

I submitted all the proofs with screenshots to Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com and asked them why did this error happen. My email attached:
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 10.54.34 PM.png

But I got the same reply from them again and again. The last reply even said they are not going to issue a reply on this matter again. Their response attached:

Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 5.18.58 PM.png

I guess mailing hard copies to Chennai is my last option here.

Last edited: