• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Wealth Account eligibility requirement and benefits

Quantum

TF Premier
Hello,

IDFC website doesn't seem to list the eligibility criteria for opening an IDFC First Wealth Account.
From your recent first hand experience, could you please share the eligibility criteria?
Does the criteria need to be maintained throughout the lifetime of the Wealth account, similar to Axis Burgundy account, to avoid account downgrade?
Also, what credit cards one can expect or negotiate to get offered?
FYI, I'm not an existing IDFC customer.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I faced similar situation with a well renowed bank where I have had account for 16+years well funded Mab close to one and half million always yet was treated low.

I withdrew my money and distributed to other accounts and have seen how treatment of Royalty vs loyalty.

We can understand if such scrutiny is done if they were asked Super premier card as LTF but not for bank program where it's funded and borne by customers.

Last edited:

BIG BOY

TF Neo
Hello
May I know which branch upgraded you to Wealth for 2 days old Account?

I am having Account in Cuttack, Odissa branch for over an year with average balance of Rs 50 K and for last 10 days I am keeping over Rs 15 lacs balance. Still they told me I need to maintain Rs 10 lacs for 3 months minimum to have Wealth Acc

Any hack to get it done before?
Same branch here. Got upgraded to wealth within a month of account opening.

jeet83

TF Buzz
@jeet83 Any updates on your Wealth program upgrade?
Hello
Wealth Acc Application was processed on October 11, I had called them earlier this week. They said it's under process. Today I called again in the evening Customer Support told me 'Congratulations your Acc has been Upgraded to Wealth Acc on October 17, 2023' :) I asked why I didn't get any sms/call or email informing me the same he said 'Sorry Sir :) Then I checked my mobile app and net banking and found my Acc type still showing Regular Saving Acc, called again and asked them they said it will reflect in an hour. Then I called my RM and he told me it will reflect after few days time but acc has been Upgraded to Wealth. Not sure if it's true or not. I asked Customer support and RM both about my Welcome Kit they said it will take 14 Working Days that's long time. I hope bank is not fooling me
around.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Hello
Wealth Acc Application was processed on October 11, I had called them earlier this week. They said it's under process. Today I called again in the evening Customer Support told me 'Congratulations your Acc has been Upgraded to Wealth Acc on October 17, 2023' :) I asked why I didn't get any sms/call or email informing me the same he said 'Sorry Sir :) Then I checked my mobile app and net banking and found my Acc type still showing Regular Saving Acc, called again and asked them they said it will reflect in an hour. Then I called my RM and he told me it will reflect after few days time but acc has been Upgraded to Wealth. Not sure if it's true or not. I asked Customer support and RM both about my Welcome Kit they said it will take 14 Working Days that's long time. I hope bank is not fooling me
around.
Bank isn't fooling. It takes few days to reflect Wealth status on your app/NetBanking.

ccgeek07

TF Premier
Hello
around.
Any email from IDFC will have a Wealth logo if it's upgraded. Check if you received any mails. (It need not be an Upgradation mail only)

jeet83

TF Buzz
Don't worry you will get welcome kit within 14 days as mentioned and check your cards section if its showing wealth dc or not. Btw they don't send any welcome kit now its just a regular wealth dc packet with dc and cheque book.
Thank You. In card section I am only seeing Visa Signature Card I had got for my Rs 25K AMB Saving Acc

Will wait for 2 weeks, once I get the Kit, will update here. Thank you everyone and Wishing All Happy Dusera and Navratri :)

Quantum

TF Premier
Thank You. In card section I am only seeing Visa Signature Card I had got for my Rs 25K AMB Saving Acc

Will wait for 2 weeks, once I get the Kit, will update here. Thank you everyone and Wishing All Happy Dusera and Navratri :)
It takes around two weeks to complete this process. Forget it for some time and enjoy Dussehra :)
Happy Dussehra :)