• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI LTF SAGA

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Good Day Everyone,

Just thought of doing a small write-up on my journey with icici bank. So, those of you who don't know me, I am just another credit card enthusiast like you are. I started my journey with ICICI bank, some 6 years ago when I was offered an LTF Jet Airways Rubyx credit card with a limit of 60k, fast forward a couple of years and I was given my first upgrade to MMT Signature, and the upgrade offer showed a One time Fees of 2500, but I was never charged that fees and I also received my MMT vouchers too :) . Then in the year 2020, I applied for an Apay card from amazon which is default LTF, fast forward to end of 2021 , I got my first LE offer from 60k to 180K , which I declined, within 3 months I got another offer from 60k to 14.7 Lakhs, the first thing I did was counted the zeros and opted for the LE this was in the month of March 2022 I guess, This is when the hunt for Emeralde LTF started, I escalated everywhere starting from Twitter to PNO, rejection everywhere. This is when I decided to try the classic old way via branch , I have known the BM since long as he is a family friend, first thing he did was to get me LTF Sapphiro ( with a limit of 23.7 lakhs) based on my employer and salary, and I also converted my salary account with ICICI to a wealth Salary account , started pumping some money to my icici direct account and kept my pursuit for Emeralde active all this while . Finally in the month of February there was a breakthrough and My BM patched me in call with Regional Head as even he got frustrated with my nagging about Emeralde ;P . This is when I realized I have almost won the game , he asked to write a mail attaching relevant documents like salary slips , ITR. Within a week of sending this mail , I got a approval call from the BM stating that I can apply for the card and it will be processed as LTF . So I went to branch and applied for the Emirates Emeralde Credit Card , and as he mentioned , the final stage of the application showed the card as Life Time Free, the card got processed and delivered in a week ( limit of 36 Lakhs)

I have also taken approval for Vanilla Emeralde LTF, and I will be starting the process by next month.

So this is a small write-up on my journey with ICICI from 60K to 36L in 6 and half a years.

This is how my ICICI portfolio looks now.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-30 at 12.27.47 PM.jpeg

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can you clarify what you mean by "started pumping some money to my icici direct account" ?

Doing stock trading, stock holdings via ICICI Demat & Trading account?

BlueFlash

TF Premier
@anirban.choudhury May I know what's so special about this card ? Features like unlimited domestic/international lounge are available in other super premium credit cards too. Same goes for movie tickets, golf, dining, forex, etc. Only thing which is slightly unique is the "unlimited" spa, wherein other cards have capped to some 2-4 per quarter which is adequate in most cases.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
@anirban.choudhury May I know what's so special about this card ? Features like unlimited domestic/international lounge are available in other super premium credit cards too. Same goes for movie tickets, golf, dining, forex, etc. Only thing which is slightly unique is the "unlimited" spa, wherein other cards have capped to some 2-4 per quarter which is adequate in most cases.
Emirates tie-up
Currently the only card in the market for emirates
It gives unconditional silver status with emirates that means complementary access to emirates business class lounge in Dubai , priority check in , additional baggage allowance ( which is very usefull for me ) , plus spend basis it gives emirates gold tier too , every 100 spend can given 2.5 Emirates Skywards points
Now the card features in Emeralde
4 BMS BOGO with limit 750 I.e saving of 3000 Rs a month
Unlimited lounge in domestic as well international
Unlimited spa in domestic airport
Golf benefits

All that for a LTF card , seems worth the struggle

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Good Day Everyone,

Just thought of doing a small write-up on my journey with icici bank. So, those of you who don't know me, I am just another credit card enthusiast like you are. I started my journey with ICICI bank, some 6 years ago when I was offered an LTF Jet Airways Rubyx credit card with a limit of 60k, fast forward a couple of years and I was given my first upgrade to MMT Signature, and the upgrade offer showed a One time Fees of 2500, but I was never charged that fees and I also received my MMT vouchers too :) . Then in the year 2020, I applied for an Apay card from amazon which is default LTF, fast forward to end of 2021 , I got my first LE offer from 60k to 180K , which I declined, within 3 months I got another offer from 60k to 14.7 Lakhs, the first thing I did was counted the zeros and opted for the LE this was in the month of March 2022 I guess, This is when the hunt for Emeralde LTF started, I escalated everywhere starting from Twitter to PNO, rejection everywhere. This is when I decided to try the classic old way via branch , I have known the BM since long as he is a family friend, first thing he did was to get me LTF Sapphiro ( with a limit of 23.7 lakhs) based on my employer and salary, and I also converted my salary account with ICICI to a wealth Salary account , started pumping some money to my icici direct account and kept my pursuit for Emeralde active all this while . Finally in the month of February there was a breakthrough and My BM patched me in call with Regional Head as even he got frustrated with my nagging about Emeralde ;P . This is when I realized I have almost won the game , he asked to write a mail attaching relevant documents like salary slips , ITR. Within a week of sending this mail , I got a approval call from the BM stating that I can apply for the card and it will be processed as LTF . So I went to branch and applied for the Emirates Emeralde Credit Card , and as he mentioned , the final stage of the application showed the card as Life Time Free, the card got processed and delivered in a week ( limit of 36 Lakhs)

I have also taken approval for Vanilla Emeralde LTF, and I will be starting the process by next month.

So this is a small write-up on my journey with ICICI from 60K to 36L in 6 and half a years.

Fantastic job dude
It’s time to move trolly to uae vacation
This is the only card for emirates points after scb break its tie ups with emirates
👍🍾🎉

Farhad sekh

TF Premier
Good Day Everyone,

I must say, You are a true legend