• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Icici denying refund of excess credit in credit card

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I put a request to close my credit card and few days later I saw it was showing 8k excess limit and management name as "click to pay". I called bank to transfer it but they asked me to provide debit transcription details. The thing is it's not me who added that money into the card. It could be croma because I had multiple no cost emi in past where full interest was charged. They probably gave money for the interest now. How do I get refund ? Cc simply said bank gonna keep the money and I have no way to utilize it now as card is closed.

aakashyadava

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have recently closed one Axis Bank Credit card thorough call . I was having excess amount of around 1K . The customer care representative informed me about the extra amount in my card and told me to use the amount and then raise a closure request.
It is your money and you have to fight to get it back . Write to icici Banking Ombudsman

kochiro

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Try after some day with other customer executive

Money is yours, ICICI can't have any right to use your money. Send mail to higher authority and if they don't agree, explain everything to RBI Ombudsman. He will solve the issue

I took excess amount from Axis and HDFC without any issues
That's the thing I don't know where the money came from and icici is asking me where the money came from :/