• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Icici credit card limit confusion

boomboom

TF Buzz
Suppose I have
ICICI Coral Rupay CC ,
ICICI MMT CC both with shared limit 30k & ICICI Apay CC with separate 30k limit.
This can be assured from IMobile app.

Now , I have
spent 2k on Apay CC &
spent 25k on Coral CC

Now in IMobile
for apay cc available limit shows 28k
For coral cc available limit shows 5k

But when I check available limit of coral rupay cc via any UPI app ,
it shows total due is 27k (they probably merge both spends 2k+25k=27k.) instead of actual 25k
& available limit is only 3k instead of actual 5k.

Same issue are showing in email alerts by icici showing only 3k available limit.

Is it true?
I am sure both apay & coral cc are separate limit , not shared limit as it is showing clearly in IMobile. Only MMT & coral are shared limit.
Can I really use 30k limit in each separate card for apay & coral cc or is it both shared limit?

Trust Me

TF Ace
I definitley know that , it will allow to prepay and the available CL gets adjusted, but not sure about spending in excess of granted CL within the statement period.. I haven't checked this recently because my limit it 7.7L..
Only lower limit customers can validate.

Isn't there a recent RBI directive that precludes any payment in excess of the billed amount? IIRC, banks are supposed to refund any such excess amount to the source. I think I should look up any RBI notification in this regard to make sure (although I am also in the same situation as you are, i.e. not likely to need to artificially extend the CL this way myself).

Reactions: SSV