• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI credit card Upgrade

IronMan

TF Buzz
Just got a call from ICICI that you are eligible for a card upgrade.. already have Amazon pay.. they are offering MMT visa signature credit card ... Is it worth to take this card?

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please note that now a days all the banks are playing tricks with us with in the name of Card upgrades.
Limit would be shared, both Joining & Annual charges would be applicable so it's nothing much what you are getting in the upgrades.
Even if you apply yourself, you will likely to get a card of the same variant what has been given you as a so called "Upgrade offer"
So never fall in to these trap ever, ask them if the card can be a Life Time Free.

Last edited:

nirsark

TF Premier
Don't fall for this. It is not that much good card. That annual fee will pay for 5 years of your Flipkart Axis CC or Axis Ace CC, even if you fail to fulfil 2L spends... just a perspective. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

iamnhm

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Guys the MMT cards don’t have any renewal fees. Also it’s only a one time joining and you get slightly more in gift cards / reward points for the amount of joining fees you pay. This is one option to have as your second ICICI card after Icici Amazon card, it’s paramount to have another ICICI card besides Amazon pay coz you miss out on a lot of offers on flipkart if you don’t have this card. Also ICICI platinum is good it’s 0 annual and 0 renewal best bet. Unless you like MMT

iamnhm

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Does it have any additional benefits as compared to Platinum?
Just the rewards system is a little higher and the amount you pay for the MMT card you make back with the coupons etc. and there are milestone benefits that boost the MMT card reward system, but the Platinum has a pathetic rewards system maybe if they upgrade it (which is what I heard they're doing) then we're in for something interesting.

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Guys the MMT cards don’t have any renewal fees. Also it’s only a one time joining and you get slightly more in gift cards / reward points for the amount of joining fees you pay. This is one option to have as your second ICICI card after Icici Amazon card, it’s paramount to have another ICICI card besides Amazon pay coz you miss out on a lot of offers on flipkart if you don’t have this card. Also ICICI platinum is good it’s 0 annual and 0 renewal best bet. Unless you like MMT
Hi, many times I have missed flipkart discounts because of icici amazon card. Are you sure I can avail discounts on flipkart using icici mmt signature or platinum ?
Plz confirm. If they give discounts then I'm definitely going to take icici mmt.

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
now they are offering it Life Time Free and new limit will be around 2L to 5L.. i have existing 70k limit on my amazonpay cc... what to do??
Hey, I have icici amazon limit of 1.5 lakh using since 2020. I want icici mmt signature life time free. Is there any trick ?

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
should i ask them for a higher variant card so that they can give me below higher card?
or should i take mmt signature card?
If u r getting mmt signature ltf with limit of 2-5L then u should take it. Reward system is not that great but it gives 2 airport lounge pq, 1 railway lounge pq, 1 international lounge and 1 spa every year.
If ltf then u wont be getting 1500 mmt cash.

iamnhm

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It really depends. Not all discounts are available on all card variants.
Hi, many times I have missed flipkart discounts because of icici amazon card. Are you sure I can avail discounts on flipkart using icici mmt signature or platinum ?
Plz confirm. If they give discounts then I'm definitely going to take icici mmt.
I’m also going for it for the same reason. It will 100% work dont worry