• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to redeem Citi IndianOil Credit card reward points?

PavanKumar

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi
Citibank IndianOil Credit card is the first credit card I got about 10 years ago and it had been really useful for fuel spends / redemption.

But in the last 1-2 years, they are charging additional fuel surcharge of 10/- + GST and I receive a surcharge waiver of 3/- (1%).
They are charging this even though I visit the authorized IndianOil outlets: https://www.online.citibank.co.in/c...l-card/indianoil-outlets?eOfferCode=INCITIAIO

I don't even get an option or SMS to redeem the reward points that I have (about 1500 points). I want to redeem the points and close this card asap and be done with it.

Last time when I faced this issue, customer care was useless, but the Principal nodal officer refunded the additional fuel surcharge.

I'd like to know if anyone faced this issue before and how are you guys using this card?
Thanks

zoro

TF Select
Is any one still able to redeem, I have tried at multiple Indian oil outlets but everyone of them are saying that they no more accept the citi points, it's discontinued for a long time now.

snike1792

TF Select
Is any one still able to redeem, I have tried at multiple Indian oil outlets but everyone of them are saying that they no more accept the citi points, it's discontinued for a long time now.
Citi had made changes to their reward point redemption maybe a year back for the Indian oil card. You no longer need to ask the petrol pump guy to pay via points. After you visit an authorised petrol pump and fill petrol, you would get an sms like the one below. Click on the link and your points would be redeemed. You need to have a minimum of 250 points in order to redeem and your petrol spend amount should be less than your points accrued.

Pay with points for your recent transaction of Rs. 710 on card no XXXX.Click https://citi.asia/INScBPp?RefNo=trafALhdhJdjdjJJS within 24hours to redeem.T&Cs apply

Tazact

TF Select
Pay with points Option i received last on May 2022. Since than no link to redem points !!!
Idle points worth 1500 Rs .
Customer care files complaint but no action is being taken !

raghav17

TF Buzz
Hi
Citibank IndianOil Credit card is the first credit card I got about 10 years ago and it had been really useful for fuel spends / redemption.

But in the last 1-2 years, they are charging additional fuel surcharge of 10/- + GST and I receive a surcharge waiver of 3/- (1%).
They are charging this even though I visit the authorized IndianOil outlets: https://www.online.citibank.co.in/c...l-card/indianoil-outlets?eOfferCode=INCITIAIO

I don't even get an option or SMS to redeem the reward points that I have (about 1500 points). I want to redeem the points and close this card asap and be done with it.

Last time when I faced this issue, customer care was useless, but the Principal nodal officer refunded the additional fuel surcharge.

I'd like to know if anyone faced this issue before and how are you guys using this card?
Thanks
Even I want to know the process for redemption