• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How To Get HDFC Bank Infinia & DCB Credit Card Easily - New & Upgrade

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
HDFC Bank Infinia is the best credit card available in India for frequent air travellers. HDFC Bank market this credit card as an invite only card, but in reality you can actually apply for this card.
Official Eligible Income Criteria For HDFC Infinia- 43L ITR (depends on location)
DCB - 24L ITR
If you don't have ITR of 43L/24L you can still get HDFC Infinia/DCB, you have to fulfil some other criteria.
This information is not available publicly on HDFC Bank website.
Hidden Criteria For "New HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank Infinia credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 10 lakhs credit limit for this.
"New HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card" - You can apply for new HDFC Bank DCB credit card using "Card To Card" method, you need a minimum 1 year old other bank credit card with minimum 5 lakhs credit limit for this.

If your already have a HDFC Bank credit card, then you have to upgrade your existing card to Infinia/DCB,
For Upgrade To Infinia-
1. You need minimum 8 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, fill up and attach credit card upgrade form with the email.
*Credit card upgrade form (New Version) - attached with this thread.

For Upgrade To DCB-

1. You need minimum 5 lakhs credit limit on your existing HDFC Bank Credit card
2. Send an email to- grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com & request for card upgrade, attach card upgrade form with the email.

Update- HDFC Bank asking for 10 lakhs limit on your existing credit card for infinia upgrade.

IMG-20220812-WA0046.jpg

So, don't be surprised if hdfc bank ask you for 10L limit. 😃

Attachments

• 723fb80a-2dde-42a3-9793-7ae1be57c87f-2.pdf
    267.7 KB · Views: 6,156
Last edited:

Invictus

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have been an LTF Regalia holder for almost a year and half now, with a limit of 2.85L. Today I got a limit enhancement offer from them to make it 9.01L. I tallied my spends on the card from the statements to check the spend in the last 6 months and it is coming out to 6.12L. I have my salary account with them and I am a preferred account holder though going by some of the replies in the thread, it seems that doesn't really matter. I also have an ICICI Sapphiro LTF with a limit of 8L if it would help for a card-based offer but I guess now that my Regalia's limit itself is 9.01L, that doesn't matter either.

Would I be eligible for an upgrade directly to Infinia or do I need to go for a DCB first and then go for Infinia? If yes to either of these, should I expect an LTF card or FYF or paid? What would be the best way to approach them, through my RM or through grievance redressal email?

Thanks in advance.

Pramtesh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Grievance is better Option. Earlier base limit was 8L for Infinia. But now it's 10L.
Even though you should attempt for Infinia.

First check with RM see what he can do for you.

Invictus

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Expect FYF. True, account variant doesn't matter.

Take the LE offer. DCB/Infinia offer should be coming soon.

I personally suggest taking DCB first and then wait for Infinia but it's totally upto you, personal choice.
Thanks for the super quick response guys.

I have already taken the LE offer and now the limit is set to 9.01L (Don't know why they gave such an odd number - 901000).

So just to be clear, if I receive the option to choose between a FYF Infinia and an LTF DCB, I should opt for the LTF DCB initially? Is that in order to progress to an LTF Infinia?

Invictus

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Grievance is better Option. Earlier base limit was 8L for Infinia. But now it's 10L.
Even though you should attempt for Infinia.

First check with RM see what he can do for you.
I remember reading somewhere that the base limit for the Metal Infinia was 10L but for the plastic edition it was 8L. Is it 10L now for both cards?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
I have been an LTF Regalia holder for almost a year and half now, with a limit of 2.85L. Today I got a limit enhancement offer from them to make it 9.01L. I tallied my spends on the card from the statements to check the spend in the last 6 months and it is coming out to 6.12L. I have my salary account with them and I am a preferred account holder though going by some of the replies in the thread, it seems that doesn't really matter. I also have an ICICI Sapphiro LTF with a limit of 8L if it would help for a card-based offer but I guess now that my Regalia's limit itself is 9.01L, that doesn't matter either.

Would I be eligible for an upgrade directly to Infinia or do I need to go for a DCB first and then go for Infinia? If yes to either of these, should I expect an LTF card or FYF or paid? What would be the best way to approach them, through my RM or through grievance redressal email?

Thanks in advance.
It'd have been a cake walk if it was like 2 months back. You just had to add 1.5 - 2L spends on it. But currently the criteria is 10L limit on existing card to be upgraded to Infinia. It's a recent change.

Invictus

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Currently HDFC is not giving LTF DCB or Infini.

Yes, if you are one the people like me who are keen about LTF, then you should take LTF upgrades only, wait, I'm sure HDFC will give LTF upgrades sometime I guess ...
I will speak to my RM for an LTF upgrade then.

I don't actually mind paying the 10k/12.5k fee on Infinia if the renewal benefit of 10k/12.5k reward points is there as it makes it virtually free. My only concern is the PoS acceptance of DCB. Otherwise, the biggest feature that I want is the unlimited, worldwide airport lounge access which the DCB also offers.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod

I don't actually mind paying the 10k/12.5k fee on Infinia if the renewal benefit of 10k/12.5k reward points is there as it makes it virtually free. My only concern is the PoS acceptance of DCB. Otherwise, the biggest feature that I want is the unlimited, worldwide airport lounge access which the DCB also offers.
Forget about LTF at this moment. You won't be offered. People with 3 Cr+ NRV are being rejected for LTF anyway. If your RM can make it work at 9L limit, it'd be a great deed by him/her itself

Vikas09

TF Buzz
Hi,
I want to upgrade from business regalia to infinia my spending is 15 lakh + in last 12 months , I have very good balance in savings account (not sure if this will help in upgradtion) and have 8.9 lakh cl but I did not received any card upgrade option for infinia should I contact grievance redress or send cc team upgrade form ,one thing more I dont want to give itr documentation as it’s low , my last card upgrade was from regalia to business regalia around 4-5 months ago
Please help me in this matter

Pramtesh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Since your aim is to get Infinia. So why to go via DCB.

Invictus

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Forget about LTF at this moment. You won't be offered. People with 3 Cr+ NRV are being rejected for LTF anyway. If your RM can make it work at 9L limit, it'd be a great deed by him/her itself
Ah. That puts me in a spot then. If the requirement for a 10L limit is stringent then that makes me ineligible for the Infinia and the paid DCB doesn't give the welcome/renewal bonus reward points to offset the fees (I think) which makes it quite expensive.

In case of DCB I can get the spend waiver by spending 5L in a year but that would work in case of FYF only. Otherwise I would still have to pay them for the first year. Seems to be my only option at the moment then.

Vikas09

TF Buzz
Hi,
I want to upgrade from business regalia to infinia my spending is 15 lakh + in last 12 months , I have very good balance in savings account (not sure if this will help in upgradtion) and have 8.9 lakh cl but I did not received any card upgrade option for infinia should I contact grievance redress or send cc team upgrade form ,one thing more I dont want to give itr documentation as it’s low , my last card upgrade was from regalia to business regalia around 4-5 months ago
Please help me in this matter
Can please some one help me on this

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Ah. That puts me in a spot then. If the requirement for a 10L limit is stringent then that makes me ineligible for the Infinia and the paid DCB doesn't give the welcome/renewal bonus reward points to offset the fees (I think) which makes it quite expensive.

In case of DCB I can get the spend waiver by spending 5L in a year but that would work in case of FYF only. Otherwise I would still have to pay them for the first year. Seems to be my only option at the moment then.
Wait a bit, you're almost there. A single LE will get you to 10L limit. May be on next upgrade you'll be offered with LE and card upgrade itself