• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to complain about HDFC not fulfilling my request to add accounts under Family banking

AJ331

TF Select
MySelf and my parents have accounts in HDFC and I have been trying to link my mothers account to mine group under family banking and the Bank has not done it for 6 months despite following up with them regularly. They lie about the status everytime I ask them. Whom to contact?

My branch manager is handling it but she is also lying or ignoring, so I contact her boss, not getting very satisfactory response from her boss and her managers manager is not easily reachable.

I've been through similar situation,
First thing to do is to mail hdfc customer care regarding family banking and get a SR number
After that you'll get a call from your RM/BM
Then wait for 10 days and mail to grievance redressal then wait for their reply again wait for 10-12 days then mail to priority redressal then once 30 days are completed from the first mail.
Mail to RBI ombudsman and ask for compensation as well

nrj1007

TF Premier
First thing to do is to mail hdfc customer care regarding family banking and get a SR number
Then wait for 10 days and mail to grievance redressal then wait for their reply again wait for 10-12 days then mail to priority redressal then once 30 days are completed from the first mail.
Did they resolve your complaint? If yes at which stage?

AJ331

TF Select
can I directly mail priority redressal? I don't want any compensation, just need this grouping to be done.

What has happened in the past is RM/BM will close and then will ask my permission to close the ticket. So far I have agreed.

can I directly mail priority redressal? I don't want any compensation, just need this grouping to be done.

What has happened in the past is RM/BM will close and then will ask my permission to close the ticket. So far I have agreed.
Don't agree to close that ticket once created, ask him to either do the task or I'll go to RBI ombudsman

You should not agree to close the complaint until the resolution in your favor. Always ask for written confirmation from your RM/BM from their official email IDs regarding the closure of complaint. File a complaint against your RM/BM to PNO and see the magic. Your RM/BM are real culprits here.

Just send a direct email to PNO from your registered email ID and complaint against your RM/BM. Also mention that you will be closing your banking relationships with HDFC because of your RM/BM and will be escalating this matter with RBI BO if PNO is not taking any strict action against the culprits. Do not agree to close the complaint at any cost. Have in writing from your RM/BM & from their official email IDs regarding the resolution if they pressurize you to close the complaint. Record their phone calls too for additional proofs.

Astraea

TF Premier
Yeah, something similar happened to me since September 1st week. I submitted a consent form for an upgrade to the preferred status. I anticipated it would take around 7 to 10 days. However, it wasn't upgraded. When I inquired about the status, my relationship manager provided vague and frustrating reasons. Luckily, I had taken a picture of the consent form while submitting it to him. After a month, I contacted customer care for an update, and to my surprise, they hadn't attempted to upgrade the account. I immediately escalated the issue via email, attaching the pictures and criticizing their services. They initiated a case against the branch, and soon after, the branch manager contacted me, assuring that they had upgraded my account. However, even after a month, it remained unchanged. I directly contacted the grievance cell, providing call recordings, emails, and proof that cases were closed without my knowledge. They requested positive reviews in response to their emails. Eventually, they claimed my account was assigned to a VRM who wasn't ready to release it. I obtained the VRM branch manager's number and confronted him, leading to calls between branches to release and approve the request. But even now, they blame the VRM branch manager, stating that he hasn't approved the request after a month. After repeated calls, expressing my confusion about their procedures, Today I was finally upgraded to preferred, but only two accounts were upgraded, not my mother's account. I still need to follow up with them regarding my mother's account.

In this mess I tried to open an account in Indusind Bank and gave IP cheque of 2L from this account. I think they have observed this as well.

Just for one upgrade request, they took nearly 4 months. Hats off to HDFC Bank for the worst experience. Initially, I was delighted with the service because of the RM, all requests were swiftly handled. I used to offer FDs frequently to help him meet his targets. However, whenever he mentioned the guaranteed scheme, I always declined. FDs were my emergency funds, and I wasn't concerned about returns.

Astraea

TF Premier
Just send a direct email to PNO from your registered email ID and complaint against your RM/BM. Also mention that you will be closing your banking relationships with HDFC because of your RM/BM and will be escalating this matter with RBI BO if PNO is not taking strict action against the culprits. Do not agree to close the complaint at any cost. Have in writing from your RM/BM from their official email ID regarding the resolution if they pressurize you to close the complaint. Record their phone calls too for additional proofs.
Yeah they will force you to agree by saying some sweet words don't fall for this. I was the victim of this as you said I had call recording.

If they don't close in the CRM case/ticket within 3 days they will get bambooed by their cluster and zonal head. So they force us to close to it. This was told my friend who works at HDFC Bank.

ashu99924

TF Buzz
Why they take so much time.. even I am facing issue.. RM call is always busy and he doesn't call back. Just gives missed call to my number probably to show he has taken action. Very frustrated with level of service they are providing.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Why they take so much time.. even I am facing issue.. RM call is always busy and he doesn't call back. Just gives missed call to my number probably to show he has taken action. Very frustrated with level of service they are providing.
Write a mail on his/her official mail ID. He might do it then, as it can act as proof of RM not providing basic services to customer

Complaint against RM to pnohdfcbank@hdfcbank.com and your RM will start calling you 5-6 times a day begging you to take your complaint back. He will resolve your issue in 1 working day.