• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to book ( Miles & Smiles) Award Tickets for Me, My Wife and My Daughter from Turkish Airline. Through a Singal Account.l

hasan424

TF Buzz
How to book ( Miles & Smiles) Award Tickets for Me, My Wife and My Daughter from Turkish Airline. Through a Singal Account.

Whenever I try to book ticket for someone other than me, it always shows the same error. Else, I have booked one Award ticket for myself and it went successful. I have mentioned the error below:

The first award ticket can only be issued under your name. If you want to have it issued for a loved one, please contact the nearest sales office.
Kindly guide me to book the Award tickets for my wife and my daughter in a step by step method.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230429_004706_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230429_004706_Chrome.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20230429_004706_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230429_004706_Chrome.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 67

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
How to book ( Miles & Smiles) Award Tickets for Me, My Wife and My Daughter from Turkish Airline. Through a Singal Account.

Whenever I try to book ticket for someone other than me, it always shows the same error. Else, I have booked one Award ticket for myself and it went successful. I have mentioned the error below:

The first award ticket can only be issued under your name. If you want to have it issued for a loved one, please contact the nearest sales office.
Kindly guide me to book the Award tickets for my wife and my daughter in a step by step method.
Yes in Turkish award u have to call them for family award booking but it’s subject to one completion of booking or travel for main person I mean you

hasan424

TF Buzz
Yes in Turkish award u have to call them for family award booking but it’s subject to one completion of booking or travel for main person I mean you
I have already made one booking successfully via miles and INR(taxes). But unfortunately due to some circumstances I couldn't travel but I didn't cancelled my booking.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I have already made one booking successfully via miles and INR(taxes). But unfortunately due to some circumstances I couldn't travel but I didn't cancelled my booking.
Unless u do checkin upto boarding pass then it’s not treated as a journey that’s why u r unable to book for family
Just speak to their cc they may help

manzb

TF Premier
Had scouted for a return ticket for a relative from BER-BOM route.
Out of all options,
1. United was around 63-66K points but cash is lower at around 13K (but it is 2 stop)
2. Qatar- 55K points plus 23K cash (1 stop via DOH).
3. Sin (Krisflyer)- unreliable and very few Star Alilance options (mostly polish air). Singapore air options are prohibitive at 106K points +taxes
4. Aeroplan- one leg has to be in North America - so no options
5. Turkish - 49K + 23K cash for Turkish
6. Turkish (Star Alliance) - 38K + 11K cash but no option from BER. Starts from FRA via DEL.

Last option was cheaper but misses a leg BER-FRA. That is a bit hassle. So went for option 5 (closer to option 2). Called up the number and it took sometime 45 minutes to book both the legs. If you try to book as return then points requirement goes up to 60K. Paid via credit card over call.

Now Only catch is that I need to validate the credit card in their offices. They rarely asks for but would like to avoid any issue during boarding and hence planning to visit the local reservation office and get the credit card validated.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Had scouted for a return ticket for a relative from BER-BOM route.
Out of all options,
1. United was around 63-66K points but cash is lower at around 13K (but it is 2 stop)
2. Qatar- 55K points plus 23K cash (1 stop via DOH).
3. Sin (Krisflyer)- unreliable and very few Star Alilance options (mostly polish air). Singapore air options are prohibitive at 106K points +taxes
4. Aeroplan- one leg has to be in North America - so no options
5. Turkish - 49K + 23K cash for Turkish
6. Turkish (Star Alliance) - 38K + 11K cash but no option from BER. Starts from FRA via DEL.

Last option was cheaper but misses a leg BER-FRA. That is a bit hassle. So went for option 5 (closer to option 2). Called up the number and it took sometime 45 minutes to book both the legs. If you try to book as return then points requirement goes up to 60K. Paid via credit card over call.

Now Only catch is that I need to validate the credit card in their offices. They rarely asks for but would like to avoid any issue during boarding and hence planning to visit the local reservation office and get the credit card validated.
Yes better to keep card validated
Good that u opted the 5th one
But 1 is wise if it’s round trip and subject to pax age since 2 hops maybe

manzb

TF Premier
Yes better to keep card validated
Good that u opted the 5th one
But 1 is wise if it’s round trip and subject to pax age since 2 hops maybe
2 hops is a bit on the higher side for 9-10 hrs. Unless the cost benefit is too huge. Plus availability of Lufthansa is near nil though they have direct flights to Mumbai. It is mostly first fly to FRA and then hop into LH/Vistara for BOM via DEL.
Single hop is fine as there is no direct anyway. Plus Qatar and Turkish are a bit a preferred airline. Availability on Qatar and Turkish is almost always available.

Rohit_Gupta

TF Buzz
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to book a Turkish award ticket from Mumbai to Barcelona but I have all the miles point in my wife's account and I will be only traveling. Is it possible to book the flight in my name from my wife's account?

manzb

TF Premier
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to book a Turkish award ticket from Mumbai to Barcelona but I have all the miles point in my wife's account and I will be only traveling. Is it possible to book the flight in my name from my wife's account?
Search for the flights and keep the details ready.
Call 0008000501565 from your mobile and share the details. They will guide you. A bit tedious but worth the effort . It takes 30-45 minutes to complete the txn.

Rohit_Gupta

TF Buzz
Thank you so much. I will follow the procedure.

Just for my knowledge do you know if online booking will work or not? This is the first time I am booking a flight from turkish miles.

manzb

TF Premier
Thank you so much. I will follow the procedure.

Just for my knowledge do you know if online booking will work or not? This is the first time I am booking a flight from turkish miles.
Online booking not possible for tickets when member is not travelling. Hence only option is to call the CC and seek the help for booking.

dj2006

TF Buzz
Are you not able to transfer miles to another account? I do not still have miles credited so can't test it.

1687849600308.png

Rohit_Gupta

TF Buzz
Are you not able to transfer miles to another account? I do not still have miles credited so can't test it.

1687849600308.png
I didn't try doing this but I saw there was an option. did it work for you? if yes, I can move those miles to my account from my wife's account and do the booking.

sahil624

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all, I have to book Bom-Istanbul flight to and fro through Turkish Airline and I will be one of the traveling member. Can I book this through their app online?