• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Hotel Points Membership Points for Booking through Third Party

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select
I recently made a booking through the Smartbuy portal using my DCB. However, I was informed that membership points are not available for bookings made through third-party channels.

As a loyal customer of Radisson, I would like to know if there are any alternative ways to maximise the benefits of my booking. I understand that booking directly through Radisson may be the best option, but I was hoping to utilise my DCB for this particular booking.

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice on how I can make the most out of my booking and continue to enjoy the benefits of being a Radisson member.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
This is a standard thing in most major hotel loyalty programs. You cant have the best of both worlds.

Most Hotel Loyalty Programs would still allow you to get the Elite Status benefits though even if you have booked through OTAs.

oneeightone

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had the exact same question. Was about to create a new thread when I came across this.

So to understand this right, I cannot quote my loyalty membership number (eg: Bonvoy) after booking the hotel from a third party? Suspected that this would be the case.

Is there any workaround of making a hotel booking through Regalia points (not via Smartbuy) so as to double dip on Loyalty memberships as well?
Maybe convert regalia points to Bonvoy points and then book through Bonvoy or any other loyalty programme - something on these lines?

Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you!!

@Subhankar @Wealth is my birth right! @TechnoFino

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I had the exact same question. Was about to create a new thread when I came across this.

So to understand this right, I cannot quote my loyalty membership number (eg: Bonvoy) after booking the hotel from a third party? Suspected that this would be the case.

Is there any workaround of making a hotel booking through Regalia points (not via Smartbuy) so as to double dip on Loyalty memberships as well?
Maybe convert regalia points to Bonvoy points and then book through Bonvoy or any other loyalty programme - something on these lines?

Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you!!

@Subhankar @Wealth is my birth right! @TechnoFino
Actually for any hotel stay if we plan to pay bill by points then they won’t allow it to redeem if we book via any third party apps or sites
Only few of the ITC luxury properties permitted me for a concession rate booked by third party and pay by GP at hotel but it’s a risky try since some of the times they asked for cash/card if booked by other websites and I paid by card at 2 ITC hotels but got success for GP at 3 times
Looks like hotels have to pay 25% commission to these third parties when we book via them
Safe zone for point usage always book from hotels own app like Marriott Bonvoy Accor and ITC

oneeightone

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Actually for any hotel stay if we plan to pay bill by points then they won’t allow it to redeem if we book via any third party apps or sites
Only few of the ITC luxury properties permitted me for a concession rate booked by third party and pay by GP at hotel but it’s a risky try since some of the times they asked for cash/card if booked by other websites and I paid by card at 2 ITC hotels but got success for GP at 3 times
Looks like hotels have to pay 25% commission to these third parties when we book via them
Safe zone for point usage always book from hotels own app like Marriott Bonvoy Accor and ITC
This is helpful! Thanks a lot!!

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Some itc hotels like the ones in Himachal don't even accept green points at checkout even if booked from itc website

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
If you find a cheaper rate on any third-party sites, Accor will match it and also provide you with a discount.

For more information, you can visit the following link:

(never tested this)

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I sent an email to Fortune Park Dalhousie and received a reply stating that they do accept green points for accommodation and food. I have also sent an email to Fortune Select Forest Hill Kasauli and am currently waiting for a response.

Additionally, I have sent an email to ITC to inquire about information regarding a few hotels.

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I sent an email to Fortune Park Dalhousie and received a reply stating that they do accept green points for accommodation and food. I have also sent an email to Fortune Select Forest Hill Kasauli and am currently waiting for a response.

Additionally, I have sent an email to ITC to inquire about information regarding a few hotels.
They don't give anything in written. Just forward it to concerned hotel. Even they also don't reply. If you call they'll deny

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
They don't give anything in written. Just forward it to concerned hotel. Even they also don't reply. If you call they'll deny
Greetings from Fortune Select Forest Hill!!

For the feather information you can check directly with the ITC center. :(

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Did you ask for Shimla ones also. There are 4 itc hotels in shimla and adjoining chail kufri

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Fortune Resort Grace Mussoorie accepts Green points for Accommodation and Food bill. Still waiting for Fortune Select Forest Hill
They'll never reply on email. On call they'll say only for food bills accepted

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I've heard that ITC GIVES elite nights credit (not points) even for OTA bookings.

Haven't personally checked.

S&M