• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How much time does Citibank take to process Credit Card application?

Gaurav_G

TF Buzz
Hi,

I applied for a Citi Rewards Credit card last week. After submitting the details, it said I'll get a reference number within 48 hours.

The next day evening, a hard CIBIL enquiry was done and I received a reference number however even till date, when I use that number to track the application on Citibank website, it says invalid application reference number.

When I call phone banking, the IVR after taking my details says my application is approved in principle and requests me to complete VKYC via link on my mobile number however the problem is that I haven't received any link yet.

Anyone has idea about this?

Gautham

TF Premier
Hi,

I applied for a Citi Rewards Credit card last week. After submitting the details, it said I'll get a reference number within 48 hours.

The next day evening, a hard CIBIL enquiry was done and I received a reference number however even till date, when I use that number to track the application on Citibank website, it says invalid application reference number.

When I call phone banking, the IVR after taking my details says my application is approved in principle and requests me to complete VKYC via link on my mobile number however the problem is that I haven't received any link yet.

Anyone has idea about this?
I applied on 17th. Physical verification on 21st. Got the card on 24th.

prc1990

TF Ace
Already 1 week gone for me
If your application is stuck at stages, kindly raise a complaint by calling customer care. You can lodge a complaint with nodal officer by filling an online form but they take lot of time to respond through that route. Reaching out to customer care over call is much more effective, I atleast feel so...

Last edited:

Gaurav_G

TF Buzz
If your application is stuck at stages, kindly raise a complaint by calling customer care. You can lodge a complaint with nodal officer by filling an online form but they take lot of time to respond through that root. Reaching out to customer care over call is much more effective, I atleast feel so...
I rang them, they said they'll call back (was surprised at this it doesn't connect directly)