• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does Citi bank considers to re-consider a credit card application?

AsB

TF Ace
I want to know if
  • Citi bank re-considers for a rejected credit card application
  • and if they reject application if one is staying in hostel/pg

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
when i applied for citi based cc under 5k cb they rejected mine, cause I'm self employed and i had email them cause i hold paytm citi co-branded one and in the mail they mentioned only salaried person were eligible so you can email them and ask them.

Last edited:
Reactions: AsB

gautampai

TF Select
Don't bother sending request to reconsider.
I had applied in Oct-2022 got rejected, sent them mail requesting to reconsider the application.
Till date they've not reconsidered, instead every 10-15 days I get a mail from them saying :-

Dear Customer,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.

We are keen to update you on the status of your query raised to us vide query reference number XXXXXXX.

We regret that we require more time to resolve your query and request five additional working days to resolve the same. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm regards,

Manager - Customer Care
Citibank, N.A

I've received the above mail 5 times, and finally on Jan 2nd, no responses after this.:-
-
This refers to your e-mail dated November 25, 2022.
At the onset, I am sorry about the unintentional delay to resolve your query within the stipulated time. We certainly do not want this to be your experience with us.
I understand that you wish to reprocess the application ending with XXXX and want us to assist with the same.

I request you to share your explicit consent on e-mail to retrieve your latest credit information report to reprocess the application.

Upon receipt of the required information, I assure that we will resolve the query on priority.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

Sincerely,

Jenifer Millet
Head Customer Care

You might have a better chance calling customer care and requesting.

AsB

TF Ace
Don't bother sending request to reconsider.
I had applied in Oct-2022 got rejected, sent them mail requesting to reconsider the application.
Till date they've not reconsidered, instead every 10-15 days I get a mail from them saying :-

Dear Customer,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you.

We are keen to update you on the status of your query raised to us vide query reference number XXXXXXX.

We regret that we require more time to resolve your query and request five additional working days to resolve the same. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm regards,

Manager - Customer Care
Citibank, N.A

I've received the above mail 5 times, and finally on Jan 2nd, no responses after this.:-
-
This refers to your e-mail dated November 25, 2022.
At the onset, I am sorry about the unintentional delay to resolve your query within the stipulated time. We certainly do not want this to be your experience with us.
I understand that you wish to reprocess the application ending with XXXX and want us to assist with the same.

I request you to share your explicit consent on e-mail to retrieve your latest credit information report to reprocess the application.

Upon receipt of the required information, I assure that we will resolve the query on priority.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

Sincerely,

Jenifer Millet
Head Customer Care

You might have a better chance calling customer care and requesting.
Did you share your consent ?

Patil007

TF Ace
Yes. I know that CIBIL cases are gone cases. I was asking about other areas like staying in PG, having only rented house, etc.
Yes, I got Citi rewards card twice on rented house.

I took Rewards card in 2018 and closed within one year.

Took again rewards card in 2022 on rented house only. Got it easily.

• Love