• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many sim cards do you have and for what purpose?

Two. one is the original from my college days in the 2000s and the other when I had moved out of state for my first job and number portability was not a thing.
i use one for all my financials and the other for all other shit like Uber etc.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
Airtel(Oldest ported from MTNL) - Aadhar, banks, payment apps, family, and friends.
Jio - Work, apps, and people I don't want to talk to.

Should separate Aadhar card number. Great idea to keep a home-only phone.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I received the below message. Is this true? Has anyone tried to find out whether any connection is taken with your name?

To block unwanted mobile connections working in your name , visit www.sancharsaathi.gov.in - Department of Telecom, Govt. of India

akshayhs

TF Ace
I received the below message. Is this true? Has anyone tried to find out whether any connection is taken with your name?

To block unwanted mobile connections working in your name , visit www.sancharsaathi.gov.in - Department of Telecom, Govt. of India
I have used it yesterday. It works. I had some old numbers stil associated to me. You can go to the portal and select no longer required. You will get an SR number and they will remove it from your control.

Sreerag

TF Premier
I have 1 number, my father has 2
1 (MTNL) for banks and stuff, official work, family and friends and everything - Incoming only as he hasn't recharged since the last 5 years !
2. Jio - 4G Data and calling to all above mentioned numbers

moneyMaker

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
I have 1 number, my father has 2
1 (MTNL) for banks and stuff, official work, family and friends and everything - Incoming only as he hasn't recharged since the last 5 years !
2. Jio - 4G Data and calling to all above mentioned numbers
BSNL and MTNL work even not recharged, others don't work no?

Sreerag

TF Premier
BSNL and MTNL work even not recharged, others don't work no?
Its a no for BSNL as it only gets incoming and sms for 6 months after v expire. Earlier it was also unlimited as my father used his BSNL (now inactive) number without recharging for 6 years! It was too old sim as he used it in a BlackBerry 😂