• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Do you guys have a term insurance?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm considering (Base 5Cr + incremental plan) 8.5 Cr cover ( cover increase 5% every 10 years) till 65 years with 4500 pm for increasing cover plan paying till term. Considering inflation 6-7%, in the end it's about 2-3 Cr in future value. My only options are HDFC(reasonable cover with good add on), SBI(Expensive with nil add on) , Max Life (Cover is even better than HDFC but poor service and claims)
P.S: There are limited options for Increasing cover option. I don't want mere peanuts my family needs it!
go for it... well done.. run properly on the treadmill ( med test will happen) - stay healthy... max and hdfc are both good.. check if your salary will allow this cover BEFORE you pay the premium ( insurability).. good luck.. you may not get from one insurer.. in that case split it..and buy directly from co..

Abhi5467

TF Select
go for it... well done.. run properly on the treadmill ( med test will happen) - stay healthy... max and hdfc are both good.. check if your salary will allow this cover before you pay the premium ( insurability).. good luck
Can you provide some view of Salary ballpark needed to cover this plan. I don't know about salary requirements, it's just my Plan devised after watching all the content on internet. If salary is a limitation I can tone it down a little.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Can you provide some view of Salary ballpark needed to cover this plan. I don't know about salary requirements, it's just my Plan devised after watching all the content on internet. If salary is a limitation I can tone it down a little.
25 x u can take .
Before 30 after 30 15 X
After 40 10 X

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
you can dm me your salary range and current cover.. insurance is to cover a loss not to make profits so clinically your life has to be worth the cover you are buying.. sorry that is the bare facts ( don't mean to sound insensitive) hence salary is a key factor.. eg if ur sal is 10 L you won't get 5cr cover

Abhi5467

TF Select
you can dm me your salary range and current cover.. insurance is to cover a loss not to make profits so clinically your life has to be worth the cover you are buying.. sorry that is the bare facts ( don't mean to sound insensitive) hence salary is a key factor.. eg if ur sal is 10 L you won't get 5cr cover
Then can the cover be split for 2 plans from 2 different insurers?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Then can the cover be split for 2 plans from 2 different insurers?
ofcourse.. but they will ask for other cover details.. and now with eIA a lot is centralized.. they will see it.. roughly 10-15 x of current salary is a good start for cover.. this may still not be given by 1 company as they are a little risk averse for very high coverages.. chances are better at younger ages.. you need to add cover as you grow older and income also grows.. if u have Qs let me know.. ( i don't sell insurance :))

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
ofcourse.. but they will ask for other cover details.. and now with eIA a lot is centralized.. they will see it.. roughly 10-15 x of current salary is a good start for cover.. this may still not be given by 1 company as they are a little risk averse for very high coverages.. chances are better at younger ages.. you need to add cover as you grow older and income also grows.. if u have Qs let me know.. ( i don't sell insurance :))
Your older pfp was better ..
This makes u look unknown

Abhi5467

TF Select
as per my analysis, incremental plan is not worth the cost.

how come? i didnt hear any such
I know many would suggest to invest in MF and earn 12-15% over that time but my family won’t be watching my portfolio after I’m gone. They hardly know anything. It would be better to leave them cash directly. Also I will be alloting separate funds for investment. I don’t want to take incremental plan too but similar cover in standalone plan costs a lot like twice! To counter inflation, incremental plan is only option. Though there is risk of taking such big amount as companies try to deny big amount claims. It’s just my thinking I’ve not talked with an agent yet. I will surely update as I’m possibly buying one at the end of this year.

Abhi5467

TF Select
Is buying from policybazaar the best option?
First finalise your insurance options + add on covers. Then contact both Policybazaar and Bank to get a quote for the same. Choose whichever is cheaper. Usually, Policybazaar has cheaper options. Policybazaar is an aggregator, they mediate and help for claim procedure. Instead your family directly dealing with insurance company they mediate the whole process and is usually a good experience. They streamline the claim process and has lesser chance of rejection than family doing all the process. Keep in mind, taking claims is not easy, banks will find any mistake to deny the claim if the claim is of high amount. Watch LLA videos on YouTube to get the homework done about insurance companies. Don't forget you have to be aware of your policy details as mis-selling can be done by any agent. Hope this helps ✌️

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
First finalise your insurance options + add on covers. Then contact both Policybazaar and Bank to get a quote for the same. Choose whichever is cheaper. Usually, Policybazaar has cheaper options. Policybazaar is an aggregator, they mediate and help for claim procedure. Instead your family directly dealing with insurance company they mediate the whole process and is usually a good experience. They streamline the claim process and has lesser chance of rejection than family doing all the process. Keep in mind, taking claims is not easy, banks will find any mistake to deny the claim if the claim is of high amount. Watch LLA videos on YouTube to get the homework done about insurance companies. Don't forget you have to be aware of your policy details as mis-selling can be done by any agent. Hope this helps ✌️
After 3 years company can not reject a claim

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Coverage - 2 CR , Premium - 44032 limited pay for 10 years, Insurer - Max Life, Till Age - 65.

I insisted on Limited pay as that's more beneficial and works out best case .

I bought it via Ditto.