• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many sim cards do you have and for what purpose?

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Only 1 for all after telecom companies started to ask us to do minimum recharge

How ever if you can afford two Sims then you can have one for personal and one for official purpose

vine

TF Premier
So, finally, the most awesomest SIM portfolio should be:
1. Personal, friends, etc
2. Financial use, Bank apps, shopping apps, and Not shared with anyone else.
3. Aadhaar use, number never given to anyone else, nor stored in any phone. Put it in a dumb phone and keep at home.
4. Work, shitty apps like cred, people we don't want to talk to,

#3 and #4 make sense.
But, is #3 practically doable?
#2 seems not feasible practically!

Last edited:

Shoxie

TF Premier
I hold only one sim lol, even before the days where telecoms started charging for minimum recharge.

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Due to minimum recharge requirement the more sims we keep the more unnecessary money we spend
I think one can have one for personal n other for professional use

1. Airtel - Personal
2. Jio - Mobile data & occasionally non-important but valid need in random places like hotels
3. BSNL - I go on bike rides and nothing beats BSNL is reception in remote areas. Keeps me connected and have the cheapest yearly plan. Also give this number for absolutely unnecessary places like restaurant bills if they say they dont have paper bill but need it absolutely for return cases.

jk51

TF Premier
Jio - Personal, FnF, Best in terms of overall network coverage, Data Plan

Airtel - Business, Calling plan, Best in terms of indoor coverage and data speed

BSNL - For Forwarded Business Virtual Landline, Basic Recharge, Given where entering a number is a formality or to people who can bother just for the sake of it, Best in terms of Rural/Exotic area coverage such as Border areas, Places of Pilgrimage, etc

cardio_guy

TF Premier
So, finally, the most awesomest SIM portfolio should be:
1. Personal, friends, etc
2. Financial use, Bank apps, shopping apps, and Not shared with anyone else.
3. Aadhaar use, number never given to anyone else, nor stored in any phone. Put it in a dumb phone and keep at home.
4. Work, shitty apps like cred, people we don't want to talk to,

#3 and #4 make sense.
But, is #3 practically doable?
#2 seems not feasible practically!
No, you need #2 and #3 to be the same because mostly banks ask for Aadhar linked number to enable their service.

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am an Icici bank RM and I have around 20 to 30 SIM cards. Love calling all customers to tell them about the plans the bank has for their Wealth Damagement. /s

The above is not True at all lol, just a joke😂