• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

CardUser28

TF Buzz
1. ICICI Bank - Salary Account (But no LTF offer yet from their end)
2. Union Bank - Opened one in College for Education Loan, now using for Rupay Platinum Card
3. Ujjivan Bank - Rupay Platinum Card and Savings, provides good ROI on FD and RDs
4. Indusind - Opened one few months back on 0 MAB and Partner account offer
5. Paytm Payments Bank - For Monthly SIPs mainly, not much use now

Last edited:

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
  1. HDFC Classic - Savings
  2. ICICI
    • Regular - Rupay Platinum DC for Apay offer
    • Wealth Management Account - Savings
  3. Axis Liberty - Opened for Pre Approved CC offer. Recently Got Ace card via gpay, still thinking to continue for 750 voucher per quarter.
  4. Kotak 811 - All investment purposes.
  5. Indusind (International Transaction - 0 Forex)
    • Partner - Got under offer with 0 MAB
    • Exclusive - Got under offer with 0 MAB & Savings
  6. AU - Rupay Platinum DC for Apay offer
  7. RBL - Don't know.
  8. SBI - Savings & Govt Schemes like PPF
  9. BoB - 0 MAB and secondary Govt Bank Account.
  10. Paytm Payment Bank - Day to day UPI transactions.
  11. Airtel Payments Bank - Don't know why.
Also I don't keep fund's above 5L in any account except SBI, to be on safe side under DICGC insurance cover.

Will eventually close AU, RBL, ICICI Regular & Airtel once the purpose is accomplished.

Last edited:

arpitium

TF Select
VIP Lounge
1. HDFC - salary
2. Axis - opened it for locker, then started using it for saving/investment, then magnus etc
3. SBI - incase every private bank shuts down 😀
4. BoB - joint account for house hold expenses
5. Niyo/SBM - opened it for 0 forex, now use it for small UPIs (Planning to close it and open RBL with signature+ card)

6. AU Bank royale - Recently closed

Dude

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
ICICI Wealth select - Salary and Savings account (main )

HDFC preferred - Savings regular

KOTAK - old salary account
(converted zero savings )

FI ACCOUNT - International transactions

SBI - Student account (old)

raghavx

TF Select
  1. HDFC Classic - Savings
  2. ICICI
    • Regular - Rupay Platinum DC for Apay offer
    • Wealth Management Account - Savings
  3. Axis Liberty - Opened for Pre Approved CC offer. Recently Got Ace card via gpay, still thinking to continue for 750 voucher per quarter.
  4. Kotak 811 - All investment purposes.
  5. Indusind (International Transaction - 0 Forex)
    • Partner - Got under offer with 0 MAB
    • Exclusive - Got under offer with 0 MAB & Savings
  6. AU - Rupay Platinum DC for Apay offer
  7. RBL - Don't know.
  8. SBI - Savings & Govt Schemes like PPF
  9. BoB - 0 MAB and secondary Govt Bank Account.
  10. Paytm Payment Bank - Day to day UPI transactions.
  11. Airtel Payments Bank - Don't know why.
Also I don't keep fund's above 5L in any account except SBI, to be on safe side under DICGC insurance cover.

Will eventually close AU, RBL, ICICI Regular & Airtel once the purpose is accomplished.
How do we get ICICI Wealth Management Account?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
HDFC Preferred Savings- Primary a/c

Niyo Global (SBM Bank)- For zero forex

Fi.money (Federal Bank)- For day to day transactions

IDFC First Select Savings- Additional a/c

SiddharthR

TF Ace
SBI - For daily UPI transactions & Auto Sweep (less charges on Auto Sweep in)

UCO - Nearest to home (For Cash W/D)

HDFC Preferred - Savings Max (For Smartbuy 5% cb & CC)

Paytm Payments Bank - Opened long ago (Don't know why)

NSDL - Rupay Platinum DC Amazon offer

Bank of India - Dormant (Opened a very long ago)

2 co-operative bank accounts - Dormant

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
SBI - For daily UPI transactions & Auto Sweep (less charges on Auto Sweep in)

UCO - Nearest to home (For Cash W/D)

HDFC Preferred - Savings Max (For Smartbuy 5% cb & CC)

Paytm Payments Bank - Opened long ago (Don't know why)

NSDL - Rupay Platinum DC Amazon offer

Bank of India - Dormant (Opened a very long ago)

2 co-operative bank accounts - Dormant
What!!
SBI charges for auto sweep.
I've never heard this.
Can you mention the charges??

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
DBS Treasures 10/10 - quite a few benefits including airport transfers, meet and greet services, and a somewhat useful concierge.
I started with this bank account and their service has been flawless. International transfers are hassle free and done online. The app is pretty good. Their service is overall has been great and they offer a lot of services regarding advise and planning for everything. By far the best I've used. Very polished bank, services and app. They call themselves the safest bank in Asia and they do behave like so, they do everything by the book, no shady stuff and they are a very transparent bank. It is a pleasure to do anything related to banking via any channel.

Standard Chartered aXcessPlus 10/10 - probably on par with DBS but with more ease of transactions and use. Not offering so many premium services/benefits but they are great if you don't use them.
Their service in the branch and online has been excellent. I have been able to do everything online and get all request done without visiting a branch. International transfers are hassle free and done online.
The app is also pretty good! As for benefits not any worth mentioning. Solid bank! This and DBS has been beyond excellent banks, service and support. It is a pleasure to do anything related to banking via any channel.

Deutsche Bank Advantage 6/10 (would close) - well, while I haven't had issues with them they're a more old fashioned bank. Their app sucks, feels like you traveled back in time and also require trips to the bank branch to get things done and they have almost no presence pan India so that is a big issue. They even issued a debit card that didn't pass Luhns algorithm or any other algorithm so I was unable to use their card anywhere except their ATM but once exchanged all good. When mandates and other linkages to your bank account for verification, etc the support is non-existent so you might not be able to do them online. Wouldn't recommend them, they need to step up. It works but nothing special. It is just a a slight hassle in general even tho you can get things done without much fuzz just make sure you have a bank branch nearby. For expats or those that live or have to deal in other countries where they have presence (and no other alternatives are available) it might work just fine. No Hate here.

HDFC Preferred 7/10 (closed) - Nothing but utter crap and nonsense stuff compared to the DBS and Standard Chartered. I'd compare them more to Deutsche Bank minus all the offerings/services that HDFC has which I don't use often. I would not recommend them except for basic banking and obviously their good offers for online shopping. Their service and support is way way behind that of DBS and Standard Chartered via all channels. They do eventually get things done but it isn't a pleasure to deal with them, it is a hassle the same as Deutsche Bank. You'll probably frown and sigh whenever you have to deal with them, they'll get things done... with some hassle. I slightly hate them overall, except for their credit card offers. That's the only upside to HDFC in my experience.

I do not have specific use cases for either one, I use SC and DBS equally for everything, never put all your eggs in one basket and Deutsche Bank would be my backup for these two bank accounts.

Last edited:

Vineet_

TF Premier
I passed through following -

2013 onwards
1. Union Bank of India - Opened for Online fee submission for University
Still first for Heavy TX like free IMPS & for investment withdrawal
2. State Bank of India- Open for Sholarship but always scary response from Upi outage & customer support mostly avoid but in long term no use further now.

2016-
3.Bank of Baroda - College Scholarships due to Heavy charges every where like sms, Debit cards not used more than 2 years now dormant

2017-
4.Oriental Bank of Commerce - Similar to BOB but physical debit card was free so I used for few Years now after Merger with PNB it going day by day Heavy negative balance not using further now dormant

2018-
5.Paytm Payments Bank- Still First for any outward small upi - 99.99% success rate because of Paytm same n/w uses as regular daily basis

2019-
6.India post Payments Bank- Open for zero balance but due to hectic service charges & customer care never deposit more than 1rs - now dormant
7.Dbs Bank - Best digital Bank of India anywhere u can order their debit cards very good experience after MAB charges applied closed with in a day
8.Paytm current account - Never used due to accessibility now dormant
9.Jio Payments Bank- After paytm this has great upi experience but only restricted to 5k upi per day limit drawback anyhow I used only for 1 year due to kyc norms it closed automatically.
10.NSDL Ziffy ac - First Govt issued Payments Bank was zero balance still it active but with negative balances used for more than years customer service pathetic now it attracts Heavy different charges. - Waiting for Dormant

2020-
11.Icici Salary ac - Best ac ever with whole digital experience every thing almost free due to Salary benefits it has after paytm high upi success rate I found even HDFC far away but customer service some times very pathetic.
12. Equitas Selfie ac now converted to regular - Best small finance ac but most of time they are always in maintenance mode but upi & zero balance good recently they converted sms service chargeable.
13.Kotak 811 - Kotak fully digital ac but one mistake can make u Heavy penalties charges like cheque book request, physical debit card recently I forgot my netbanking pin it automatically took request for physical delivery that never come with 100+gst . After one of major private Bank Still there offers & rewards is very poor but people happy with virtual debit cards along with upi - Now I am not using further only for severe emergency waiting for dormant.

2021-
14.HDFC regular savings rural - Very good because of their Twitter & email support but if you try to connect with human very disappointed never connect there toll free to person my first experience was very bad with Bank due to digital ac opening my vkyc got rejected due to my & Pan photo mismatch till 1 years I didn't use after year I again visited branch for biometric got millena debit cards very happy with their rewards rate still paying 590/- no issue feels I can recover it their app & netbanking ui is very old sometimes upi inward failures I noticed like sbi over all mixup type review looking for long run as many peoples suggestions somewhere I found Heavy penalties on fd withdrawal I never passed through.
15. Jupiter Federal ac - Due to Jupiter jwels cashback now after multiple t&C changes & mab requires I am not using further hardly used 3 ,4 months now I think automatically closed or dormant.

16. Axis Easy Savings Rural 5k - You can't imagine this axis took 5 times long effort to open due to some technical difficulties my mobile no unable to generate their ac no every time after initial deposit it getting error after 3 weeks effort & Twitter supports it got opened with cheque deposit specially for this I arranged cheque for 16k initial deposit unless they want allow , their credit cards rewards rate very good still people are ready to take challenges of their consolidated charges because axis always all time high for their charges, even customer support is good including Twitter & sms service I found very long period even your cell phone outage for a day you will get sms but in consolidate charges they will take single penny keep in mind their debit cards ok but charges high .

Hope I able to share my experience.

Last edited:

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
ICICI Wealth select - Salary and Savings account (main )

HDFC preferred - Savings regular

KOTAK - old salary account
(converted zero savings )

FI ACCOUNT - International transactions

SBI - Student account (old)
Hey bro did you get Emeralde FYF or LTF with wealth select account?