• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

bhavik886151

TF Premier
saraswat co op - primary saving

Bob - for all financial investments

HDFC - 1% cashback for cc bill payment

axis - to get ace cc as it declined once applied

Icici- for international business transactions

IDBI - for local businesses transactions

Nemesis

TF Premier
All the below 3 for collectors, 0 balance and lil benefit here n there (locker, cash delivery at home and RM) :

IDFC Wealth : Wealth DC, for getting Wealth CC (Card benefits attached to them), FD
INDUSIND Exclusive : FYF locker, Fast CC connection, FD
ICICI Wealth : Wanted 0 balance

ICICI Titanium account : Salary and SAVING
SBI : PPF and backup

AU Royale in the queue, FD rates

Rex

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
CITI Gold - Salary until last year - Haven't seen any bank matching CITI level service yet (10/10)
ICICI Wealth - Salary A/C - The good thing is Me and RM has "Don't care" relation :)
HDFC Preferred - Opened for LTF DCB card , (didn't close yet ) - RM keeps trying selling some shitty products and FDs
IDFC - Opened for better interest and investment(3-in-1 Zerodha) - No complain so far
BOB- education loan, PPF, backup. Actually good considering a PSB.
YES Bank - Once opened for better interest, continuing for 75% discount on locker
RBL - Just opened RBL a/c for their signature+ debit card

HN74

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Also was it a manual upgrade of automatic upgrade
Almost 2 years old. Used to keep around 1L in it. I had increased it to 5L and got a call from RM after about 3-4 months asking consent to upgrade. After I agreed, received SMS with link.

I wasn't actually trying to upgrade to select.

Rex

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You need to prepare yourself for Axis Bank now 😜
Sadly but yes :(

Recently, Axis is trying to catchup with their Burgundy but heard their customer service is pathetic. Anyway, now I'm doing most of investment myself so not expecting much.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
ICICI: Salary
Paytm: For some E mandates and other investments
SBI: Because it's 0 balance now and a government bank
Fi Money: 0% forex DC
Jupiter: 1% CB for CC bil payments
Axis: smoother process while applying their CCs

Could Close Fi money and open Kotak, IDFC and maybe Indusind.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
SBI - First Account. Used during college days. Now in use for PPF and for using CDM as they have the biggest CDM network.
HDFC Imperia - Salary Account
ICICI Wealth - No purpose
YES Premia - No purpose
AXIS Burgundy- No purpose
BOB Zero Balance - No Purpose
Airtel Payment Bank - No purpose
Paytm Bank - Opened it 5-6 years back for lounge access through the debit card.

After having so many account I feel having one or max 2 bank account is the best. You can consolidate your money and it’s visible easier to manage. The NRV with banks increase and they give best of their services. I plan to close most of the accounts sooner or later.

MdMs

TF Buzz
SBI - Closed
Canara bank- Closed
Corporation Bank- Closed
Kvb Bank - Closed
Federal Bank- Professional account = 0-MAB
ICICI Insta save Fd Account = 0 MAB
Hdfc Bank-Classic = CC Bill Payments
Axis Ezy savings Rural = 2500 MAB
IDFC Bank = Dormant (10k MAB)

Nemesis

TF Premier
SBI - First Account. Used during college days. Now in use for PPF and for using CDM as they have the biggest CDM network.
HDFC Imperia - Salary Account
ICICI Wealth - No purpose
YES Premia - No purpose
AXIS Burgundy- No purpose
BOB Zero Balance - No Purpose
Airtel Payment Bank - No purpose
Paytm Bank - Opened it 5-6 years back for lounge access through the debit card.

After having so many account I feel having one or max 2 bank account is the best. You can consolidate your money and it’s visible easier to manage. The NRV with banks increase and they give best of their services. I plan to close most of the accounts sooner or later.
3 seems to be the right spot... 1 in PSB for security,PPF (SBI BOB) ; 1 for primary private account for saving salary features (ICICI HDFC) ; 1 as secondary private per FD rates or other risky investments (IndusInd / IDFC etc)... Good combination

Last edited:

atrboy

TF Buzz
SBI - Opened for College
Citibank - Used to be salary a/c
Hdfc - New Salary A/c
SBM - Wanted a Niyo Global card
BOI - Dormant. Opened for education loan but then got to know SBI branch in campus itself.

simal

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The NRV for WEALTH SELECT ACCOUNT should be around or Above 1CR ....

I had multiple fixed deposits, recurring deposits, mutual funds,home loans , insurance etc etc for around 80lacks as of now ..(overall relationship with ICICI)
Are you getting any lifestyle benefits as part of wealth select account? eg: hotel membetship, LTF credit cards etc?

Dude

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Are you getting any lifestyle benefits as part of wealth select account? eg: hotel membetship, LTF credit cards etc?
Yes .....Got the Rubyx and Sappiro credit cards as LTF and multiple discounts in processing fees that occurs while obtaining home and personal loans .etc

Had given some discounts in lockers too ...

Nemesis

TF Premier
How you people getting lockers? I have multiple accounts which has discounts on lockers but without investments they're not willing to provide any lockers, not even with FD.
Remove the middleman... Apply through app... Indusind gives option to book, I think Axis also have