• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How many bank accounts do you have and for what purposes?

raghavx

TF Select
I hold following bank accounts

1. ICICI Bank (Savings) - For salary crediting and investments
  2. IDFC First Bank (Savings) - for savings purposes, it gives good rate of interest.
  3. DBS - Idk why I am still holding this.
  4. Paytm Payments Bank - Had opened it long back, not sure why I am holding this too.
  5. Fi.money - For day to day transactions as my primary savings account would get cluttered with few hundred rupees transactions.
  6. Jupiter - Had opened alongside with Fi, thinking to close this.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
When you dialed their support with all IVR options and all, how quickly can you connect to a human support (apprx. time from the moment you called to till you hear other person says 'hello')?
I have used it a few times, maybe a couple of minutes tops if I recall correctly. But I have always been connected to a human within a minute after I go through the IVR.

Dude

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hey bro did you get Emeralde FYF or LTF with wealth select account?
Nope ...

They have Given Sappiro as LTF ...
Emaralde as ltf is not possible i think or we should maintain above 3 crores as NRV in ICICI

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Bank of india it my first and oldest account and PPF
HDFC - Saving & Current - opened just to deposit my cheque from amazon.com i had 240$ something like that and no gov bank would have accepted the cheques so opened MAB of 25k and now it under infinia banking program with my current account too.
SBI - opened for time pass i think and it now dormant
Central bank - Dormant
Post Office Saving Bank - RD 5yr
Union Bank - i have a bank account with them i think but have no idea when did i opened it with them :ROFLMAO: i receive message of SMS deduction every 6 month or so.
IDFC First Bank (Zero MAB) - wanted to try them if offer for zero MAB was really or not.

Last edited:

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
How much are you maintaining in IDFC

Please share your journey for getting IDFC Select
I'm maintaining around 2.5L as of now.

Actually I wanted to open Wealth account with them so I filled their callback form. They called and fixed the meeting with Wealth RM of my area. He came and I proposed to deposit around ₹5L extended till 8L but he said atleast 10L is strictly needed for Wealth a/c.
He said that he can arrange for Select account and will send the request for upgradation within a week of a/c opening coz that's my condition of opening account with them. I didn't needed basic account.
He asked me to keep 5L in the account to initiate upgradation request and it got manually upgraded to select within a month of account opening.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm maintaining around 2.5L as of now.

Actually I wanted to open Wealth account with them so I filled their callback form. They called and fixed the meeting with Wealth RM of my area. He came and I proposed to deposit around ₹5L extended till 8L but he said atleast 10L is strictly needed for Wealth a/c.
He said that he can arrange for Select account and will send the request for upgradation within a week of a/c opening coz that's my condition of opening account with them. I didn't needed basic account.
He asked me to keep 5L in the account to initiate upgradation request and it got manually upgraded to select within a month of account opening.
So basically you got select account with around 5L funding.

Will there be any downgrade for non maintenance??
Also how old is the account and have you received any pre approved cc offer??

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kotak - Privy Optima - First account I opened, use it for investments.
HDFC - Imperia - Works always, accepted at IT, GST and wherever there is internet banking.
Federal - Celesta - Have my business account so opened savings for easy transfers.
Axis - Burgundy - Entire family has accounts in Axis, so opened for easy transfers.
Citi - Gold - For a good banking experience, till it lasted.
SBI - For when all private banks fail!
PNB - Locker.

Closed some PSBs earlier Union Bank of India, Bank of India as too many accounts may be detrimental.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
So basically you got select account with around 5L funding.

Will there be any downgrade for non maintenance??
Also how old is the account and have you received any pre approved cc offer??
Yeah its just to play safe. Otherwise 3L is enough.
I don't know about non-maintenance yet as I opened this account on November itself. However I haven't heard about downgrade from any IDFC user.

Manual upgrades have lesser chances of getting downgradation. And I already told my RM that I'll simply close the account if downgraded as I don't need basic account. Have plenty of them.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah its just to play safe. Otherwise 3L is enough.
I don't know about non-maintenance yet as I opened this account on November itself. However I haven't heard about downgrade from any IDFC user.

Manual upgrades have lesser chances of getting downgradation. And I already told my RM that I'll simply close the account if downgraded as I don't need basic account. Have plenty of them.
Was you balance below 1L since November any time??

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Only one person got this update
I guess some persons mother had the upgrade option.
Yeah that only. So there are examples of people getting select account easily. But discuss and tell all your condition to your branch RM before account opening. Coz after account opening, thet don't care about you.

harshit_agrawal

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Kotak - First bank account , for day 2 day transactions.
SBI - Opened as wanted one account in PSU bank.
DCB - Opened for cashback scheme on debit card , then did FD also and will close the account once FD is matured.
Bandhan - Opened as interest rate was good 2 years back but not now.
ICICI - Opened mine account as 0 balance.
HDFC - Opened for getting pre-approved credit card , got it too and then combined in dad's preferred family banking program.
YES - BRM was pushing very much and also wanted locker , so opened Premia.
Axis - Opened Liberty account just few days ago.

Kotak 811 - Wanted one more kotak card at that time but still active as 0 balance.
Paytm - 0 balance and easy to operate , FD rate was also good.
Jupiter - Opened as it's debit card giving cashback on credit card bill payment but all stopped now.
Fi - Opened as was giving good offers but all stopped now.

Last edited:

Mritunjay

TF Premier
SBI - First bank account
Airtel Payments Bank - For emergency fund and good interest rate (6% above 1 lakh)
HDFC - Salary account, Platinum debit card for cc bill pay, getting credit card
Niyo, Fi, Jupiter, NSDL - will close soon

Use UPI lite or omnicard for small transactions

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
ICICI Wealth: Salary/Savings
SBI: Day to Day Transactions (Zero Balance with MasterCard Platinum DC-was primarily opened for lounge access)
Niyo(SBM): Forex
HDFC: Closed
DBS: Closed
Paytm PB: Closed
Airtel PB: Closed

Last edited: