• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How long does Axis take to send out the Welcome Kit and Burgundy debit card?

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi fellow members,

I have recently opened a Burgundy salary account with Axis. I wanted to know how long it takes Axis to dispatch the Welcome Kit (Incl. Burgundy Debit card)? Someone known to me, said the Welcome Kit will come first and then Burgundy debt card follows (albeit in 7-8 days). Does it really take that long? I mean other Indian banks issue debit cards as soon as possible to their premium customers (3 days max).

Has Axis taken similar timeframe? fellow Burgundy members here can you please share your experience?

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Hi fellow members,

I have recently opened a Burgundy salary account with Axis. I wanted to know how long it takes Axis to dispatch the Welcome Kit (Incl. Burgundy Debit card)? Someone known to me, said the Welcome Kit will come first and then Burgundy debt card follows (albeit in 7-8 days). Does it really take that long? I mean other Indian banks issue debit cards as soon as possible to their premium customers (3 days max).

Has Axis taken similar timeframe? fellow Burgundy members here can you please share your experience?
The welcome kit will be delivered to your communication address within 7-10 working days from account opening day. An SMS will come once your kit will be dispatched.

Reactions: 1RC

It_is_Naruto

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi fellow members,

Yes ..I did it in Jan23...and it took 7-8 days... now since you said...I also feel Axis is slow in this.

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The welcome kit will be delivered to your communication address within 7-10 working days from account opening day. An SMS will come once your kit will be dispatched.
This is helpful. The branch executive came last week with just some papers for me to sign and in return gave me a single paper.

Alright then it's now a week worth of wait.

Reactions: Rkr

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes ..I did it in Jan23...and it took 7-8 days... now since you said...I also feel Axis is slow in this.
Glad I am not the only one who thinks this way. Alrighty, I'll look forward to the welcome kit. Hope this comes with card as well and not just some random booklets. Although I received an email with all charges laid out for the burgundy account.

Last edited:

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Another good update:

So my burgundy salary account's paperwork happened last i.e. 9th June Friday, and it was operational on Monday 12th June (late evening). I got a message this morning that my welcome kit was dispatched via bluedart on 14th June. Hopefully I'll get the kit either today or tomorrow.

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Another good update:

So my burgundy salary account's paperwork happened last i.e. 9th June Friday, and it was operational on Monday 12th June (late evening). I got a message this morning that my welcome kit was dispatched via bluedart on 14th June. Hopefully I'll get the kit either today or tomorrow.
most of the cases the dipatched happen before and msg came late lol
its weird but its true
regarding the delivery of kit is faster in hdfc/axis when compared to icici/sbi
FYI RBL bank account opening took 15 days and kit came after 10 days [ 25 days to open an account and login ]

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
most of the cases the dipatched happen before and msg came late lol
its weird but its true
regarding the delivery of kit is faster in hdfc/axis when compared to icici/sbi
FYI RBL bank account opening took 15 days and kit came after 10 days [ 25 days to open an account and login ]
I agree. The dispatch message usually comes after or on the date of delivery for some reason. I think Axis was also fast on hindsight. It was delivered with in a 4 days of account actually being operational.

Latest update.

My Burgundy Welcome Kit has arrived. I am at work so I'll check it out when I reach back home.

Thank you all.

1RC

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I agree. The dispatch message usually comes after or on the date of delivery for some reason. I think Axis was also fast on hindsight. It was delivered with in a 4 days of account actually being operational.

Latest update.

My Burgundy Welcome Kit has arrived. I am at work so I'll check it out when I reach back home.

Thank you all.

1RC
For me, I tried opening Burgundy account online and left it midway. Someone from Axis Team called me and sent their executive to complete KYC.

Account was activated next day itself - now waiting for the welcome kit to be dispatched.

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Folks new update: So the welcome kit I received today, ONLY has the cheque book and other documentation. The Debit card is missing. What an annoyance.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
For me, I tried opening Burgundy account online and left it midway. Someone from Axis Team called me and sent their executive to complete KYC.

Account was activated next day itself - now waiting for the welcome kit to be dispatched.
One specific benefit of holding Burgundy account:

1687075118926.png

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have Magnus already but a paid one.

Got Select as LTF and no harm in keeping one as it has few good offers.
oh is it? Anything on Select that is over and above Magnus. If so then I too will take it. anything specific that you want highlight? It will be helpful for me to understand.