• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
Post number 13 has been selected as best answer.

iM23

TF Select
Hello, I have an Axis Easy Access savings account. I opened the account online in February 2023 and Axis gave me the 'Online Rewards Mastercard Debit Card' and a virtual VISA debit card. Now, Axis charged Rs. 590 for issuing the debit card and just a few days ago they charged the annual fee of the same amount. But today I received a notification from the Axis mobile app for upgrading the physical debit card. I tapped on it and that took me to the page where I saw the options to either block or upgrade my current physical debit card. When I tapped on upgrade, 3 options were there. 1) Online Rewards Mastercard debit card (Rs 236 including GST), 2) Value Plus debit card (Rs. 885 including GST) and 3) Online Rewards VISA debit card (Rs. 0).

Now, what should I do? I would always prefer not to pay Rs. 590 every year for that garbage physical debit card. So, should I just select the 3rd option and pay nothing in the upcoming years? Why is Axis even offering me the same debit card of the VISA variant for free when they can charge me Rs. 590 every year? I am confused.

Here, I am attaching the images of the options that I got in the app, the screenshot where Axis mentioned the charges for physical Online rewards and virtual debit card for Easy Access Digital savings account and also the image of the document that came with the physical debit card mentioning its charges

Attachments

• 20240322_232018.jpg
    20240322_232018.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20240322_230631.jpg
    IMG_20240322_230631.jpg
    892.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20240322_230639.jpg
    IMG_20240322_230639.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • msedge_QTCzx7bkRA.png
    msedge_QTCzx7bkRA.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
@DocFixIt @Zacobite @Abhishek012 Sorry guys had to tag you. Please help.
Already said this
For 590 u should have received 500 voucher.
&
Virtual dc would always have been free for all online account of axis regardless of Variant.
So if u have virtual dc
& U r not dependent on Axis for atm withdrawal.
Just write e debit card in paper for future .

Were you charger 590- joining
& 590- annual fees too ?

And stop playing with Axis dc. They are not worth the hassle . Just keep virtual dc ,& forget about it

iM23

TF Select
Already said this
For 590 u should have received 500 voucher.
&
Virtual dc would always have been free for all online account of axis regardless of Variant.
So if u have virtual dc
& U r not dependent on Axis for atm withdrawal.
Just write e debit card in paper for future .

Were you charger 590- joining
& 590- annual fees too ?

And stop playing with Axis dc. They are not worth the hassle . Just keep virtual dc ,& forget about it
Yes, I was charged the joining fee last year and the annual fee just a few days ago.

And yes, I do remember what you said regarding Axis debit cards. But I want to keep one for ATM withdrawal. Do you think in that case I should just go with the third option i.e. Online Rewards VISA debit card which has ZERO fees?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes, I was charged the joining fee last year and the annual fee just a few days ago.

And yes, I do remember what you said regarding Axis debit cards. But I want to keep one for ATM withdrawal. Do you think in that case I should just go with the third option i.e. Online Rewards VISA debit card which has ZERO fees?
Take it .
But if you have paid fees for a year use it.
Unless you already closed the dc

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello, I have an Axis Easy Access savings account. I opened the account online in February 2023 and Axis gave me the 'Online Rewards Mastercard Debit Card' and a virtual VISA debit card. Now, Axis charged Rs. 590 for issuing the debit card and just a few days ago they charged the annual fee of the same amount. But today I received a notification from the Axis mobile app for upgrading the physical debit card. I tapped on it and that took me to the page where I saw the options to either block or upgrade my current physical debit card. When I tapped on upgrade, 3 options were there. 1) Online Rewards Mastercard debit card (Rs 236 including GST), 2) Value Plus debit card (Rs. 885 including GST) and 3) Online Rewards VISA debit card (Rs. 0).

Now, what should I do? I would always prefer not to pay Rs. 590 every year for that garbage physical debit card. So, should I just select the 3rd option and pay nothing in the upcoming years? Why is Axis even offering me the same debit card of the VISA variant for free when they can charge me Rs. 590 every year? I am confused.

Here, I am attaching the images of the options that I got in the app, the screenshot where Axis mentioned the charges for physical Online rewards and virtual debit card for Easy Access Digital savings account and also the image of the document that came with the physical debit card mentioning its charges
Debit Cards are passe' if you use credit cards.. Any place that takes a debit card will take a credit card. My philosophy is always a FREE Debit card only to use in an emergency or for cash withdrawal.. Paid debit cards make little sense for avid credit card users.. * Some may differ basis their personal choice / spending habits* . If you are a smart CC user.. just get an LTF debit card.. None of the cards you list out have any outstanding benefits..However if you prefer debit cards then do the benefits of an 890 or a 550 card make any sense to you in value. If yes then these amounts are not so high for you to worry about.. if they dont seem interesting stick to free DC

iM23

TF Select
Take it .
But if you have paid fees for a year use it.
Unless you already closed the dc
No, I haven't closed it yet. I am just curious why Axis is giving such an option to use the same debit card for free just because it is a VISA variant. Moreover, it's at that time when it is devaluing every credit and debit card.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
No, I haven't closed it yet. I am just curious why Axis is giving such an option to use the same debit card for free just because it is a VISA variant. Moreover, it's at that time when it is devaluing every credit and debit card.
They devalued dc rewards 2 year ago

When i was even unaware of techno fino existence ..i looted 30k edge points from Axis online dc 😂
Now their dc is sitting duck
Don't waste time in axis now
Better get hdfc millnia dc & get 400 free .

Or open future first idfc for atm withdraw..( if u r from eligible college )

iM23

TF Select
Debit Cards are passe' if you use credit cards.. Any place that takes a debit card will take a credit card. My philosophy is always a FREE Debit card only to use in an emergency or for cash withdrawal.. Paid debit cards make little sense for avid credit card users.. * Some may differ basis their personal choice / spending habits* . If you are a smart CC user.. just get an LTF debit card.. None of the cards you list out have any outstanding benefits..However if you prefer debit cards then do the benefits of an 890 or a 550 card make any sense to you in value. If yes then these amounts are not so high for you to worry about.. if they dont seem interesting stick to free DC
Yes, I have My Zone Credit card I will surely choose the Online Rewards VISA debit card which has zero fees. I just hope there's nothing fishy in this ZERO fee debit card as we all know about Axis' famous consolidated charges.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes, I have My Zone Credit card I will surely choose the Online Rewards VISA debit card which has zero fees. I just hope there's nothing fishy in this ZERO fee debit card as we all know about Axis' famous consolidated charges.
There are no more charges on the cards apart from annual fee... all. other charges will. depend on your bank account type & conditions.

iM23

TF Select
Do not apply for any of these, if you're getting same variant of card ie. online rewards (It's showing the replacement fee, annual charges will still apply).
Are you sure? I already have the Online Rewards Mastercard debit card. Then why would Axis charge ₹236 for Mastercard variant and nothing for the VISA variant of the same card? And as per Axis website, the replacement fee for the value plus card is 200, not 885 (i.e. 750 + GST).

Grogu

TF Premier
Are you sure? I already have the Online Rewards Mastercard debit card. Then why would Axis charge ₹236 for Mastercard variant and nothing for the VISA variant of the same card? And as per Axis website, the replacement fee for the value plus card is 200, not 885 (i.e. 750 + GST).
IMO for same variant of card it is replacement fee. For any other card it is fresh application. I have secure plus debit card (Easy access offline acc), for me online rewards any network is ₹590, value plus ₹885, delight ₹1770. Axis will never provide any DC for free, so take a screenshot before applying.

usha rani

TF Buzz

I also receive the same offer message and i also have with me online rewards mastercard variant having joining and annual fees of Rs.500/- but i don't understand why they are offering same card at lower fees of Rs200 and visa variant for free

iM23

TF Select
I also receive the same offer message and i also have with me online rewards mastercard variant having joining and annual fees of Rs.500/- but i don't understand why they are offering same card at lower fees of Rs200 and visa variant for free
IMO for same variant of card it is replacement fee. For any other card it is fresh application. I have secure plus debit card (Easy access offline acc), for me online rewards any network is ₹590, value plus ₹885, delight ₹1770. Axis will never provide any DC for free, so take a screenshot before applying.
Yes, I contacted cc and the executive told me the fee for the same variant card is actually a replacement fee. According to him, the VISA variant of the card will not be issued even if I apply for it. He was constantly trying to give me the value plus card though and even higher cards. I denied. Anyway, what I understood is even if I get the VISA one, I still have to pay Rs. 590 annually.

usha rani

TF Buzz
Yes, I contacted cc and the executive told me the fee for the same variant card is actually a replacement fee. According to him, the VISA variant of the card will not be issued even if I apply for it. He was constantly trying to give me the value plus card though and even higher cards. I denied. Anyway, what I understood is even if I get the VISA one, I still have to pay Rs. 590 annually.
Almost all bank customer care people don't clearly told what we asked and always try to make their profit

vishalprasad

TF Buzz
Today I called Axis Bank to downgrade my Prestige Debit card (i downgraded my prestige account to easy access), but i got tricked by the customer care and somehow agreed and provided consent for Value+ Card.
I called the customer care again in 30 mins asking for cancellation, they are saying it cannot be cancelled now as you have given the consent.
Once the charges are deducted, then we can try for refund but can't guarantee...
What should I do? Should I accept the card or if i just refuse i guess i will be charged even then?

cardy

TF Ace

If you don't want a chargeable debit card. Go for rupay ATM only Card. 75k withdrawal limit in ATM. No online or offline use allowed.

Visith

TF Buzz
If you don't want a chargeable debit card. Go for rupay ATM only Card. 75k withdrawal limit in ATM. No online or offline use allowed.
Where is option to apply for ATM only rupay card which comes free for withdrawals alone? I have blocked the online rewards debit card have to check 2 months down the line whether i would still be charged

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
Where is option to apply for ATM only rupay card which comes free for withdrawals alone? I have blocked the online rewards debit card have to check 2 months down the line whether i would still be charged

Open Axis app (or net banking), go to services, debit cards, apply for a new debit card, choose ATM Chip card among the list of cards.